bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
Oh yeah, I didn't think of that.

Unless the corporation were to splice the dna from people with powers into orcas who rise up and take over the world. :p

Side note: I really feel like orcae should have been an acceptable plural form in English.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I would argue that that's a "Robot" not an "Android." In my book, "Androids" are hard to tell apart from humans.
Android generally means a robot designed to look and act like a human (the word literally means "in the image of man"), but it doesn't have to be an exact match.

Traditionally, android was mostly just used to differentiate between a "robot" (which can look like anything, whether a giant factory arm, a dog, a box on wheels, or a giant mechanical octopus) and robots that had a more humanoid look (two arms, two legs, a torso and a head, roughly of a shape that could probably fit into human clothes, and with some attempt to replicate facial features).

An android doesn't really need artificial skin or other near-human appearance that allows it to mostly blend in. Characters like C-3PO in Star Wars or the female robot from Metropolis would still generally be considered androids even though it's extremely obvious that they're not human (or organic at all). The idea that androids would look almost perfectly human (like, say, Data from Star Trek or Vision from Marvel) was a more recent interpretation of the concept.

But because different people use the term in different ways to mean different things at different times, it's definitely hard to point to one specific definition of the word and say "THIS IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE MEANING." So you're not necessarily wrong if you think androids should look almost fully human. But someone else who thinks all they really need to do is look humanoid (like the picture that started this whole discussion) isn't necessarily wrong either.

This game looks great and the setting is really interesting, but I just wish it wasn't a "Choose one love interest and that's all you get" type of games.

Not really much point to me saying this. I just wish I enjoyed this game more, because its really well done.
Look on the bright side - you could be one of us sick fucks who actually tried to investigate and solve the mystery, and thus wound up not having sex with a love interest at all.

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
Probably some one asked before. But as a male, I would love to select bi-sexual woman, and then I go after everyone I like. The renders are already there, you just got to mix them in the pictures.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Probably some one asked before. But as a male, I would love to select bi-sexual woman, and then I go after everyone I like. The renders are already there, you just got to mix them in the pictures.
You can't have more than one LI anyway, so replay with lesbian or straight MC depending on which LI you want (you know it after a first playthrough)

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
Great game so far. Man that purple liquid stuff is terrifying to think about having to inhale.
My only gripe so far is it's sometimes hard to tell who is speaking, since this game is written more like a book than a play (like 95% of other VNs on this site).

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Great game so far. Man that purple liquid stuff is terrifying to think about having to inhale.
My only gripe so far is it's sometimes hard to tell who is speaking, since this game is written more like a book than a play (like 95% of other VNs on this site).
You can see real acting in The Abyss about someone inhaling liquid oxygen.

Reactions: Dragon59
4.40 star(s) 51 Votes