John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Why does this game phone home? Maybe a better option would be to make the Google analytics part opt-in?

The fact that the analytics code is included in compiled format only and stuffed into the sound folder of all places is suspicous at best.
I wanted to get an exact number on how many free downloads the game is getting the only information it collects is the total number of users, where the players start playing from and how many players actually view the end credits. If enough people stay and view the credits so my Patrons get the proper reward for sponsoring my project then I feel that I can shorten the starting credits that's what this Information is for.

And as for the option, Well was I given the Option to not have my game posted here before I was ready for it to be "NO" every month it always gets leaked before I'm ready to release to F95 A community that I like very much. In fact, I always plan every month to release a copy of the game that includes all the patches so people will stop having all these errors but no it gets leaked before and I have to do damage control.

Oh, by the way, did I give you permission to reverse engineer my game, Hmm, the answer to that too would be "NO".
You Pirate a game and Reverse Engineer it and you call me Suspicious (and by the way you misspelled suspicious)
You get the game for free then I have the right to the informational data.

frozted

Jan 28, 2018
Hey guys. My pc is down unfortunately. Is there a way to install extra content or incest patch on the android version?

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Two pretty big errors that I found in this game (never played any versions before current one).

First one happens during the Lesbian scene between Nan and Desi, unless you skip it you hit an error that you can't ignore and bypass...

Second and more crucial as it breaks the game cause you can't skip it... When Izzy is spying on Vicky in the shed to get votes, after she climbs on the boxes to get a better view another error pops up that you can't ignore..

John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Hey guys. My pc is down unfortunately. Is there a way to install extra content or incest patch on the android version?
Sorry but No. I recently Updated my Ren'PY and now every time I try to build an android vers. of the game, it fails to build. I don't have time right now to figure out why.

Two pretty big errors that I found in this game (never played any versions before current one).

First one happens during the Lesbian scene between Nan and Desi, unless you skip it you hit an error that you can't ignore and bypass...

Second and more crucial as it breaks the game cause you can't skip it... When Izzy is spying on Vicky in the shed to get votes, after she climbs on the boxes to get a better view another error pops up that you can't ignore..
Both of your errors are due to not having the extras patch installed correctly check this post for proper install instructions.

jurierm

May 7, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 198, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in script
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 359, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 384, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\MAITE\Downloads\TorridTales-0.3.6-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\MAITE\Downloads\TorridTales-0.3.6-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\MAITE\Downloads\TorridTales-0.3.6-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\MAITE\Downloads\TorridTales-0.3.6-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 876, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "C:\Users\MAITE\Downloads\TorridTales-0.3.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\MAITE\Downloads\TorridTales-0.3.6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
código de bytes exec en globales, locales
Archivo "renpy / common / 00gltest.rpy", línea 442, en <module>
$ __gl_test ()
Archivo "renpy / common / 00gltest.rpy", línea 359, en _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test ()
Archivo "renpy / common / 00gltest.rpy", línea 384, en _gl_performance_test
ui.interact (suppress_underlay = True, suppress_overlay = True)
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ ui.py", línea 289, en interactuar
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact (roll_forward = roll_forward, ** kwargs)
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ display \ core.py", línea 2640, en interactuar
self.start ()
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ display \ core.py", línea 1794, en el inicio
self.set_mode ()
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ display \ core.py", línea 2027, en set_mode
si draw.set_mode (virtual_size, physical_size, fullscreen):
Archivo "renpy / gl / gldraw.pyx", línea 206, en renpy.gl.gldraw.GLDraw.set_mode (gen \ renpy.gl.gldraw.c: 2903)
renpy.display.interface.post_init ()
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ display \ core.py", línea 1825, en post_init
self.set_icon ()
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ display \ core.py", línea 1856, en set_icon
renpy.loader.load (icono),
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ loader.py", línea 576, en carga
aumentar IOError ("No se pudo encontrar el archivo '% s'."% nombre)
IOError: no se pudo encontrar el archivo 'gui / window_icon.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Cuentos tórridos 0.3.6
Viernes 14 de diciembre 09:11:01

-I get this fault every time I try to start the game, I can not even start it

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Sorry but No. I recently Updated my Ren'PY and now every time I try to build an android vers. of the game, it fails to build. I don't have time right now to figure out why.

Both of your errors are due to not having the extras patch installed correctly check this post for proper install instructions.
Ok I think I may have figured out what is happening... I am using the compressed version for the full game, and then the regular extras and incest patch... I am guessing due to difference in images thats what's causing the errors... Cause I went to a different computer and grabbed all the zips and re-installed them (I did it correct the first time, just wanted to double check) and I still get the same errors in the same places... I noticed in the "animations" folders from the extras thats where all the scenes the game says are missing are in...

EDIT - tried it one final time without enabling the console (I'm a dirty cheater) and by some miracle of nature the game didnt hate me this time LOL, seems to be working fine now...

So now that I can actually play it and enjoy the story so far I have to ask... how important will player choice be for your game JWB ? For example can I have Izzy bang anyone I want wthin your plot of course, but also not let her bang people ? I dont want Izzy to bang Phil at all, everyone in her family ? of course, her old lady neighbor ? yes ! that guy from the van ? Totally !... just not Phil... Will this be possible ? Or is Phil getting his dick wet with her regardless of player choice ?

I ask cause in the scene after the husband comes home drunk I chose "skip cuckold" scene, and all it did was make me not see it, the game assumes Izzy still made out with him *sigh*... so I had to go back and chose "kiss on the cheek" hoping that it stopped the game from thinking she made out with him...

RWaites Jnr

Dec 6, 2018
So now that I can actually play it and enjoy the story so far I have to ask... how important will player choice be for your game JWB ? For example can I have Izzy bang anyone I want wthin your plot of course, but also not let her bang people ? I dont want Izzy to bang Phil at all, everyone in her family ? of course, her old lady neighbor ? yes ! that guy from the van ? Totally !... just not Phil... Will this be possible ? Or is Phil getting his dick wet with her regardless of player choice ?
When I asked JWB about how the Moral meter and choices willl affect the game this was his reply
The moral meter only indicates which ending you're going to see it does not affect how any one person in the story behaves(the aliens have caused this). It works like this 20 positive point will get you the uncorrupt/nice ending while 20 negative points get the very corrupt/evil ending, while anything in between those gets the normal ending. With that said the different ending versions do not start their split from the main story till after chapter 5

Reactions: UncleVT

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
When I asked JWB about how the Moral meter and choices willl affect the game this was his reply
The moral meter only indicates which ending you're going to see it does not affect how any one person in the story behaves(the aliens have caused this). It works like this 20 positive point will get you the uncorrupt/nice ending while 20 negative points get the very corrupt/evil ending, while anything in between those gets the normal ending. With that said the different ending versions do not start their split from the main story till after chapter 5
Thanks for the answer !

I will keep an eye on this for a while then, after reaching the ending of the current version I actually changed my mind... aside from Izzy, James, and possibly Dan, the only likable character in this game is fucking Phil !! He is trying to help prevent the cluster fuck that is about to happen, everyone else goes form being horny (which I am ok with) to some sick fucked up dominatrix, or submissive...

Literally the twins turned me off after their mall shit.. Vicky after her blackmail shit, Ed and everyone else after finding out they all worship that club where they treat the subs like dogshit... Again Phil actually spoke out against the garbage that goes on in that club, thus he is one of my favorite characters in this game now... But I am guessing this game wont be for me (while the murder and alien plotlines leave me wanting more !, the Dom/Sub aspect of the game "main kink", is turning me off).

D

Deleted member 1050319

Updated

Unlocked
Progress Report on Torrid Tales 0.3.8
Renders ………………………… 95%
0.3.6 rewrite …………………… 100%
Script ……………………………… 45 %
animations ………….. 4 new

Reactions: UncleVT
D

Deleted member 1050319

Unlocked
Getting ready for date night
Dan sneacks a peek
26.png

Unlocked
First stop on Issy and James date
In this next update we will cover the complete part one of four parts in James and Issy's date night, this starts the ball rolling on what James thinks he wants as lifestyle for them both.
27.png

John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
EDIT - tried it one final time without enabling the console (I'm a dirty cheater) and by some miracle of nature the game didnt hate me this time LOL, seems to be working fine now...
I did not know that playing in console mode would cause that to happen? Good information thanks.

I will keep an eye on this for a while then, after reaching the ending of the current version I actually changed my mind... aside from Izzy, James, and possibly Dan, the only likable character in this game is fucking Phil !! He is trying to help prevent the cluster fuck that is about to happen, everyone else goes form being horny (which I am ok with) to some sick fucked up dominatrix, or submissive...

Literally the twins turned me off after their mall shit.. Vicky after her blackmail shit, Ed and everyone else after finding out they all worship that club where they treat the subs like dogshit... Again Phil actually spoke out against the garbage that goes on in that club, thus he is one of my favorite characters in this game now... But I am guessing this game wont be for me (while the murder and alien plotlines leave me wanting more !, the Dom/Sub aspect of the game "main kink", is turning me off).
It's a very long story with some aspects slow to emerge (the murder) and getting more ramped up as the story progresses. With twists that most writers of these genre game/novels do not touch on. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time and computer hardware, to create very large updates to get us there quicker.

Dominatrix and submissive in a MEAN spirit is certainly not for everyone, everybody has their own taste in fetishes.
But I am glad to see that (at least in one reader) the emotional responses that I am striving for have been reached (confusion, lust, love, hate, and disgust so far). Comments such as yours are beneficial constructive criticism that I appreciate and will only help me to Improve. Thank you

John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 359, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 384, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\MAITE\Downloads\TorridTales-0.3.6-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\MAITE\Downloads\TorridTales-0.3.6-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\MAITE\Downloads\TorridTales-0.3.6-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\MAITE\Downloads\TorridTales-0.3.6-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 876, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "C:\Users\MAITE\Downloads\TorridTales-0.3.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\MAITE\Downloads\TorridTales-0.3.6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
código de bytes exec en globales, locales
Archivo "renpy / common / 00gltest.rpy", línea 442, en <module>
$ __gl_test ()
Archivo "renpy / common / 00gltest.rpy", línea 359, en _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test ()
Archivo "renpy / common / 00gltest.rpy", línea 384, en _gl_performance_test
ui.interact (suppress_underlay = True, suppress_overlay = True)
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ ui.py", línea 289, en interactuar
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact (roll_forward = roll_forward, ** kwargs)
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ display \ core.py", línea 2640, en interactuar
self.start ()
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ display \ core.py", línea 1794, en el inicio
self.set_mode ()
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ display \ core.py", línea 2027, en set_mode
si draw.set_mode (virtual_size, physical_size, fullscreen):
Archivo "renpy / gl / gldraw.pyx", línea 206, en renpy.gl.gldraw.GLDraw.set_mode (gen \ renpy.gl.gldraw.c: 2903)
renpy.display.interface.post_init ()
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ display \ core.py", línea 1825, en post_init
self.set_icon ()
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ display \ core.py", línea 1856, en set_icon
renpy.loader.load (icono),
Archivo "C: \ Users \ MAITE \ Downloads \ TorridTales-0.3.6-pc \ renpy \ loader.py", línea 576, en carga
aumentar IOError ("No se pudo encontrar el archivo '% s'."% nombre)
IOError: no se pudo encontrar el archivo 'gui / window_icon.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Cuentos tórridos 0.3.6
Viernes 14 de diciembre 09:11:01

-I get this fault every time I try to start the game, I can not even start it
The only thing I can think of is a bad download I know the Icon that it is complaining about is there during the build. Which ver. of the game are you trying to play? Have you tried to redownload it?

3.20 star(s) 28 Votes