Jan 15, 2019
In past updates, it was because of the fact that I had updated the RenPy engine to take advantage of new functionality that the later builds offered. But I have not done that since TT 0.4.8. anything after that should work and I have no explanation for why it wouldn't. It could have something to do with permissions and how they are set up on your computer( Read And Write rights for the TT app) But that's only a guess.
This is the warning

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 37, in script
return
File "C:\Users\Tori\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.6-pc\TorridTales-0.5.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1506, in execute
renpy.game.context().pop_dynamic()
File "C:\Users\Tori\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.6-pc\TorridTales-0.5.6-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 372, in pop_dynamic
del store[k]

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Torrid Tales 0.5.6
Fri Oct 04 19:19:11 2019

Jan 15, 2019
This is the warning

While running game code:

Full traceback:
return
File "C:\Users\Tori\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.6-pc\TorridTales-0.5.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1506, in execute
File "C:\Users\Tori\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.6-pc\TorridTales-0.5.6-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 372, in pop_dynamic
del store[k]

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Torrid Tales 0.5.6

NVM I started over again. Thank you for having that quick skip in the game.

John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
This is the warning

While running game code:

Full traceback:
return
del store[k]

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Torrid Tales 0.5.6
I did a test, because your not the only one that has had this problem your just the first that has given me an error report on it for me to work with. I went to my Itch.io account and downloaded the oldest ver. of the game that I had there which was 0.4.0 unzipped it played it made a save and quit. I then downloaded a copy of 0.5.6 from this site unzipped it started it up and loaded the save game that I had just made with 0.4.0 and was unable to duplicate your error. In other words, the old save worked fine for me.

All the files listed in this error reside in the renpy engine folder which makes me believe even more it has to do with folder access permissions. Is the computer user account "Tori" an administrator account or normal user?

conho

Jan 7, 2019
What means that meter in the superior right corner? "C" is for cuckold? And the "M"???

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
(premise) Ok, I'm going to be honest, I had to look that word up in the dictionary and I found I still don't understand what it means. I think I'm just as confused about that word as the characters in the game are confused about whats happening to them.

I think you and I need to go out of our house and throw rocks above it and see if we can hit a UFO. Just saying
Funny game. Good work (y)

RWaites Jnr

Dec 6, 2018

As all of you know, the game/novel has now reached an enormous two gigabytes in size. So I have been working on the technical side of Torrid Tales, cleaning it up by removing unused sound and pics. Slim it up as much as possible, also making final changes to the GUI and the credits page. I will also be making some story script changes as well to make some areas a little less edgy. Doing this will update the game from Alpha status to Beta.
With this extra work the update may be a little late on the delivery.

wkjohnson2

Nov 29, 2018
i think the error loading saves has to do with the incest patch. i have been getting these errors each update as well.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 265, in script
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 269, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
I did a test making saves with the patch and without using two different game ver. an older and the latest Both ways worked for me. I really would like to get this solved though.
So let me ask Did you try with and without the patch?
Is your windows user Id an administrator account? or a normal user?
If it's not an administrator account try this "right-click on the torrid tales exe and select Run as Administrator.

and please let me know your results. when I am unable to duplicate an error the only way for me to fix the problem is with your input.

Last edited:

wkjohnson2

Nov 29, 2018
I did a test making saves with the patch and without using two different game ver. an older and the latest Both ways worked for me. I really would like to get this solved though.
So let me ask Did you try with and without the patch?
Is your windows user Id an administrator account? or a normal user?
If it's not an administrator account try this "right-click on the torrid tales exe and select Run as Administrator.

and please let me know your results. when I am unable to duplicate an error the only way for me to fix the problem is with your input.

i got the error with and without the patch. also as only user on this PC i set it up as an admin account. though i have found that some programs still need to be right clicked and "run as admin" chosen

wkjohnson2

Nov 29, 2018
i right clicked "run as admin" and some of the old saves ran (though i hadn't tried them before because they weren't the last spot i stopped at). one of those that worked was during the threesome with the kids. I haven't taken the time to try ALL of the saves that have accrued so far, just those on the latest save page. the latest save before current update didn't work. from the thumb pic on the save it looked to be at or near the end of the parents date.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
i right clicked "run as admin" and some of the old saves ran (though i hadn't tried them before because they weren't the last spot i stopped at). one of those that worked was during the threesome with the kids. I haven't taken the time to try ALL of the saves that have accrued so far, just those on the latest save page. the latest save before current update didn't work. from the thumb pic on the save it looked to be at or near the end of the parents date.
Thank you for responding and doing these tests for me. Now I can look a little harder for a cure hopefully get it sorted out.
And just so that I am clear on the matter before you set the "Run as Administrator" no saves worked at all is this correct?

CharleyT

Jun 12, 2018
In past updates, it was because of the fact that I had updated the RenPy engine to take advantage of new functionality that the later builds offered. But I have not done that since TT 0.4.8. anything after that should work and I have no explanation for why it wouldn't. It could have something to do with permissions and how they are set up on your computer( Read And Write rights for the TT app) But that's only a guess.
Dang, my saves from 5.0 didn't work either. I'm pretty sure my saves from before 5.0 worked...let me try again.

CharleyT

Jun 12, 2018
While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in_call_
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?
And if I try rollback first, and then ignore it begins with Chapter 1....I was trying in Administrator, if that matters.

Last edited:

wkjohnson2

Nov 29, 2018
Thank you for responding and doing these tests for me. Now I can look a little harder for a cure hopefully get it sorted out.
And just so that I am clear on the matter before you set the "Run as Administrator" no saves worked at all is this correct?
ok after further testing, i have discovered only one of the previous versions saves works. and it works with or w/o using run as admin. even more odd is that even though the save is at the end of the threesome scene with the kids the thumbnail for the save shows Issy being forced to stand outside the house.

John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
@dirtyoldmanlol @CharleyT @wkjohnson2
Thank you Guys with yours, a few of my Patrons help I think and I say I think I have the problem solved. We won't positively know for sure until TT 0.6.0 comes out. I am implementing the changes that I think are needed in 0.5.8 and then will see from there if I am right. I wrote a very long explanation about what I found and what I'm going to do to fix it for my Patrons you can read about it if you wish. Its in the public area you do not have to be patron member to read it.
The one thing I can guarantee is you will have to do one more full playthrough but hopefully, after that, your saves should work from 0.5.8 on.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
I found an old v0.50 of this game I downloaded a while back and thought I would finally give it a play... I really enjoyed it! Not so much the Dom/Sub or Lesbian stuff (not my thing) but the idea of the game is interesting enough... I like the alien content too! Now to play v0.5.6...

The dev has a warped sense of humour that I can identify with! LOL!!! I'm now following this game and look forward to future releases.

Reactions: John Walker Black
3.20 star(s) 28 Votes