RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I've never seen any of the side project's mechanics bleed into ToT. Besides the multiple endings and the fact that Ethan is even more of a player insert than he originally was.
I would really like to see the D/s meter from Warrior Guild bleed over into ToT but we all know he delayfest that would cause.

This is mostly true but slightly off. Bo specifically was the one to over-complicate the floor in the first place, and left a lot more to piece together to make the floor make sense than usual and he's since said that it was a mistake. Then I assume Koda just kept losing interest with the convoluted task and turned toward less headache-inducing ones and kept doing that ad infinitum. The impression I've got while talking to him lately though is that the avalanche of bad press about 7F has caught up to him and he's getting through it, fucking finally.

To be fair there have been very few ToT updates since those side projects so there hasn't really been much opportunity lmao. The journal mechanic will be in there eventually for example but integrating something like that when 7F still isn't done would be pretty hard to justify.

Holy shit that drives me insane. It's bad enough just on its own but the fact that the first 6 floors have Ethan being a character and then he suddenly becomes a blank slate is so awful. I've argued with Koda about this a bunch of times, even as recently as a couple of days ago, and I'll be arguing it until I die of a brain aneurysm.

We sat down in VC a few days back and I made a few new components for him to work with and the last one I did was a cleaner version of Swan's ping-pong QTE thing. When I tested it I used 8F which I haven't played, and Ethan saying fucking /nothing/ when entering the floor had me screaming internally. Man was chatty as shit for 6 floors and now he's a mute! Where's his personality! Aaaaaa
I personally like self inserts as I find them to help with the immersion. That said, Ethan started as a character with personality and he should complete his quest as his own person.

Holefiller

Jan 23, 2019
A woman monologuing to you about how her B.O. is going to mindbreak you can only stay compelling for so long to be honest.
It'd be hilarious if Ethan was just bored out of his mind during the last few floors.

"Can you smell this, worm?"
"Uh huh, can't smell much else."
"The bitter aroma of my feet will hypnotize you as it has thousands of slaves before you."
"Sounds nice."
"Are you fixated on my feet, worm?"
"Sure am."
"You'll be addicted to the sight of a woman's legs before long."
"...do you know who I am?"

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
It'd be hilarious if Ethan was just bored out of his mind during the last few floors.

"The bitter aroma of my feet will hypnotize you as it has thousands of slaves before you."
"Sounds nice."
"Sure am."
I have an overwhelming urge to modify the game files to make Ethan totally detached and apathetic towards everything and dial up all the tower wardens' rhetoric. It'd even make for a smaller game file since I could delete 90% of his face assets

gmodking666

Apr 14, 2020
I have an overwhelming urge to modify the game files to make Ethan totally detached and apathetic towards everything and dial up all the tower wardens' rhetoric. It'd even make for a smaller game file since I could delete 90% of his face assets
We need a disinterested Ethan. Who couldn't be arsed to the point that he just lets the tower people do what they want within an extent. I present, God-Tier Ethan

ReinaTekken

Jul 4, 2018
Patreons need to start pulling their money out of this project and reinvest when F7 is delivered. At this stage we've been lied to so many times and given so many different dates that there's no way Bo and Koda couldn't just finish the floor with a few days of hard work. It was supposed to be finished before July and somehow is still not ready just get on and finish the floor already please.

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
*cough cough* 3072 AD

as long as you don't mind latex/bondage
yeah i know that one its clearly a tot ripoff it has some good shit in it but too edgy overtly sadistic which is fine but it juat comes across as forced sometimes ...but we need more lezdom god damn it

lakano

Dec 8, 2020

"Sounds nice."
"Sure am."
i wish we coild just submit from world go like ethan is a trained puppy as soon as a villianes start ti have her monolouge just have the option to kneel and kiss her shoes

Jhony Miro

May 24, 2018
Holy sh*t, I forgot level 0 was even a thing that was supposed to come out some time ago.
I was totally waiting for it too
Can anyone keeping track update me if it's still alive..?

Reactions: Gigalomaniac

kashmoney

Mar 23, 2019
holy shit, i think i cracked the code. so you know that thing we do with hellfire? what if boda were playing 5d chess and announced floor seven as a meme like we did with hellfire before we even thought of it? what if floor 7 is just a 100000IQ shitpost? that's why it's not getting released. it never existed from the start

pinecone00

Jul 14, 2021
new apple pie is in chinese and bo just told me it's unlikely he'll translate it to english. we need a fan translator stat o_O

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes