RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Bytrain

Oct 7, 2017
September Progress Report II
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately 7F is delayed to October.

Although September has been very productive and a big improvement on my previous working environment, I believe the scale of 7F requires at least a week even for a scuffed/cursory playtest. Since there's only a week left in September as of this writing (23rd) and the playtest isn't ready, the result is clear.

I'll post another announcement when the playtest is ready, as I should be able to estimate the actual release fairly accurately at that point. Hopefully it will not be too deep into October.

In the meantime, the #dev-journal will continue to be updated.

Thanks as always for your patience and support. SPOILER_kneel00.png

hearmoar

Jul 5, 2018
Koda is deadass at an all-time low. This is embarrassing. He can't get an update out in like 2 years, and then continuously lies. I just can't imagine what this dude is thinking.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Koda is deadass at an all-time low. This is embarrassing. He can't get an update out in like 2 years, and then continuously lies. I just can't imagine what this dude is thinking.
I disagree. He is still piss poor at making estimations and keeping to deadlines, but the dev journal is refreshing. I've been saying for literal years now, stop giving timelines and just tell Patreons what you accomplished and what you still have to accomplish.

It's a step in the right direction.

hearmoar

Jul 5, 2018
I disagree. He is still piss poor at making estimations and keeping to deadlines, but the dev journal is refreshing. I've been saying for literal years now, stop giving timelines and just tell Patreons what you accomplished and what you still have to accomplish.

It's a step in the right direction.
The dev journal was a major let-down. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but we don't really learn anything from the dev-journal. I thought he'd give more in-depth, and personal updates about what he does and how he does it. It just feels like we got mini patch notes.

And I just can't see it being a step in the right way, because I don't see any changes. Same old Koda, making promises that he won't keep, and not really communicating at all. Disappointing.

Reactions: CNR25

tjones1137

Jan 31, 2019
this floor was supposed to be out in 2019 if i remember correctly. I came into the scene just after karen was put out, I lived in delay, born from it, molded by it. I only know delays.
I started implementing delays in my own life. I delayed by birthday, my school work, my office work, my parents' anniversary. I delayed my wedding eight times, then delayed my tears when my heart left. I delayed the birth of my God-son, I delayed the fucking sunrise. I sprayed carbon into the air to delay summer. Don't you see what Koda has taught us? We must embrace the delay, become the delay, wield delays like a cudgel to defeat our enemies **Our enemies are people who arrive on time**. MY BROTHERS! Let us embark on our mission to destroy the meaning of time itself! but not now, around the end of October.

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
The dev journal was a major let-down. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but we don't really learn anything from the dev-journal. I thought he'd give more in-depth, and personal updates about what he does and how he does it. It just feels like we got mini patch notes.
I can add a few, for some completeness. He got stuck for a while on an issue where a really convenient way of doing a scheduled tongue-licking animation while other stuff was going on wasn't working properly. The issue is that the scheduling tool I gave him that's been getting used a heap doesn't handle 'wait' instructions the way the rest of the system does because it's part of the root Fiber. He had tried a few different ways to get around it but no dice, so I'm sitting down today to upgrade the scheduler to wrap each task in a Fiber instance which should unblock him there. Fibers are a really cool concept, its equivalents in other languages always end up being super powerful in game development. Kotlin coroutines, C# IEnumerators, blabla. EDIT: Upgrade done, seems to be working

Another roadblock was where he was trying to use show_pic from a place that couldn't access the game screen workflow. He came up with some trick he was telling me about this morning that I didn't really understand but he was pretty excited about it.

Oh yeah, there's also a productivity tool I'm going to try to make to speed up his dialogue writing. Issue is that the way you do multiple lines of text in some areas requires him to write it across multiple lines so he can measure text length, only to then compress it down to new-line escapes on a single line. Slow as shit to do, so if I can manage it I'll add a keyboard shortcut to take the clipboard text, swap it over, then put the compressed text onto the clipboard to be pasted in.

Those are only the things he's told me about across today and yesterday, so obviously not exhaustive.

Last edited:

Swatychopsuey

Jul 30, 2019
I understand the frustration with the delays and such and he should totally just has finished Tower of Trample with Floor 6 with Karen has the final chapter and then just not update it and work on Tower of Trample 2 or something... The problem right now is that we are all waiting on small update when he should just have finished with floor 6 and then 2-3 years later comes up with a new Game Tower of Trample 2, and people would have been blown away just like the first one-

I understand Koda's perspective tho, he is a human just like all of us, prob struggle financially so he had to find some sort of income and was gifted enough to make a patreon but to keep it he HAD to give update to every supporter (you're not gonna support someone without being sure the product is being worked on) which is why the game is basically FREE. As Koda isn't stable financially he HAD to do this, and moving from place to place and dealing with daily life problem WILL cause delays...
Especially now that he has released HellFall which is my all time favorite and this game is also very complicated and has so many dialogue and scene.

The guy is not a big company or rich, otherwise he could just have release Tower of Trample 1 and made people pay like what around 20-30$ for it than 3 years later come back with Tower of Trample 2 for the same price. But he is not in this situation.

So yea guys there is gonna be delay and it is gonna suck but that's not gonna change the fact that the guys is probably doing everything he can to please a crowd that keep whinning and he still has his real life to take care of.

All in all I respect the work and I couldn't careless to wait for a game that In the end will be FREE.

Qwertzyc

Jul 5, 2017
Oh please, stop defending Koda or trying to justify/understand him. 7F was announced 3 YEARS AGO. I don't know which world you live in but for me that's way too much for a single floor of an rpgmaker game, so no matter what you say, I can't help but feel like this guy is full of crap. It doesn't matter if it's free, if you say something then pretend dumb, then you're simply full of crap, not much to argue there.
The game started with Bo Wei alone, Koda just joined to make the "expansions" for each floor, which are the submission quests for each lady. At some point they merged and started working together. This was a mistake since Bo Wei lost control of his game and he let Koda run wild doing whatever he wanted. Which was doing anything but advancing with 7F. So after a long list of empty promises and a couple of updates of things nobody asked for, here we are, where the "7F before 8F" is now "7F in september" and now "7F in october" and so on. How many more lies you gonna believe? If they haven't done anything to finish 7F by now, it's because they didn't want to. 3 fucking years for a single floor? it's a joke

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes