RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

ironjoe123

Dec 28, 2017
You know what im not a fan of all the delays i think someone should contact the developer and tell him to get to work.

Exproject

Jan 6, 2022
They're only the same in the sense that they're all apart of the same arc. But yeah they're each their own individual character.

The yellow girl in my signature is the 8th floor warden. The 8th floor is done - standalone game at the moment - but will be integrated to the main game once the 7th floor is done in a few decades from now. (decades being a generous understatement)

This game is developed by two guys. One's the boss, the other is hired to do shit like translations, polishing, adding substance, etc for the games the boss pumps out.

Sadly, the aforementioned guy who's in charge of all the other extra shit has been delaying the 7th floor of the game for about 3 years now, making up false promises and ETAs. Very little transparency, and the most news we usually ever get is a fucking pickaxe emoji or just jargon.

Side games have also been either abandoned or just never released because of this guy. Evidently, the boss doesn't really care, and gives the guy all the time and slack in the world.

They have a patreon, and - as you can probably guess - a loyal circle jerk of idiots who pity and continue to fund and reward them for constantly delaying and putting out the bare minimum after so much time.

A lot of us f95 "pirates" are, myself included, ex-patrons who got tired of the bullshit, and now after 3 years we've learned the bliss of just laughing and expecting nothing to never be disappointed.
I wanna get to the 8F gal, love her design and the egyptian vibes. i adore those vibes.

As for the delaying Dev guy, i think if ppl instead of bootlicking, just unpleadged their money, that would force them to start acting up and not make excuses. And if issues do happen, being transparent never hurts.

Also its sad what you said, that most here are ex-patrons and all that.

Reactions: Deadmau7

tornasunder

Jun 13, 2017
It's weird how despite Lily being so popular, so few people can properly articulate her appeal. Her being of a similar age and experience level to Ethan is one the biggest factors. With all the other wardens, them winning over this bot really should be more of a foregone conclusion, but with Lily, there's the extra added humiliation of losing to someone Ethan should reasonably be able to compete with. Those defeats to Lily also feed into her developing ego, making it particularly frustrating in a good way for a masochist to see this brat look down on you. Lastly the player getting to see her grow into being more dominant makes the relationship between her and Ethan feel more meaningful than with the other wardens where almost any male could have been their slave for them. Just putting this out there because it gets out there seeing people boil down her appeal to twintails, young and tsundere, wether it be from her fans or people not too keen on her.

That said, Ves absolutely has the potential to eclipse in some of her other appeals not mentioned here, provided Koda allows her content to ever get released.
Yeah. The main criticism against Lily is "TypICaL TsUNdErE giRL" but this is the most basic and easiest introspection of her character that doesn't really consider anything else about her. In addition to what you've mentioned, Lily is easily the most unique and relatable character in the game so far. She has motives and desires that contrast the other wardens while being similar enough to those of Ethan's, with his goal being to rescue his abducted dojo members, and escape. All the other wardens are more or less too similar. At that point, it's just down to whoever appeals to the fetishist the most.

Unlike the other, older wardens who have likely had plenty of boy toys prior to Ethan's arrival, where their treatment of Ethan and males in general is indicative of being in a position of power for years, Lily actually seems to want Ethan and doesn't just view him as another toy to conquer and break. Such as her direct competition with Cobra for claiming Ethan. Lily probably gets to experience the thrills of her dominance for what I am assuming is the very first time outside of any fantasies she may have had. Ethan would probably have been her first major triumph and his defeat the proof to her becoming more powerful. The other wardens are boringly well established already. If I remember correctly, she apparently comes from a dojo which dismissed her capabilities due to her being female. She's experienced sexism and was basically made to feel she was not equivalent to that of her male peers. Yes, Lily defeating Ethan, as well as her brother, rightfully makes her cockier and gives her an ego where maybe she starts to feel that particular sect of society has held her back because she, as a female, is just inherently better. It's a femdom game so women generally do outmatch the men.

Nobody realistically wants to be held back because of who they are, because of something they cannot help. So I think her desperation to prove herself is understandable, and relatable. We get to observe an actual change in Lily over time, whereas all the other wardens are introduced as brutal sadists who only really view Ethan as an unbroken slave, where it's their duty to ensure he is compliant. Like it's just another day on the job for them. Lily's circumstance is entirely different and this alone would cause her to view Ethan in a different way, as she isn't just another warden. I think Lily and Ethan could actually have a relationship that isn't just mistress and slave.

For myself, it feels like many of the wardens have already reached their potential with the exception of Yvonne who is able to learn new abilities, if my memory serves correct. This creates the idea that since the other wardens aren't really gaining any power, they are either letting Ethan win or Ethan is actually stronger than they are and has yet to meet his equal. Lily has the potential to be that person with how young she still is, and her motivations to become even better. That and Ves since Ves apparently surpassed Swan, so Lily can also surpass those other wardens who may currently be a challenge to her.

As for Ves eclipsing Lily, Ves is great because she's not another BBW or "auntie" but I feel it was rushed. She was charmed too easily by the influence of the tower, but if she came from a similar situation as Lily did where the males also looked down on her then maybe it's more understandable she'd be so tempted by the power exchange. But, Lily still has her convictions as of F7 and I can respect that. I can see Ves eventually claiming all of her dojo members as slaves using Swan's techniques, though, but in my headcanon, Ethan belongs to Lily.

Mfrw

Jan 16, 2020
Make sure Butters knows where he froze ya, or you'll be transported 3000 years into the future where nobody plays the Nintendo Wii.
thanks for the reminder but i don't think it is a bad idea 3000 might be good to see this game completed

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Yeah. The main criticism against Lily is "TypICaL TsUNdErE giRL" but this is the most basic and easiest introspection of her character that doesn't really consider anything else about her. In addition to what you've mentioned, Lily is easily the most unique and relatable character in the game so far. She has motives and desires that contrast the other wardens while being similar enough to those of Ethan's, with his goal being to rescue his abducted dojo members, and escape. All the other wardens are more or less too similar. At that point, it's just down to whoever appeals to the fetishist the most.

Unlike the other, older wardens who have likely had plenty of boy toys prior to Ethan's arrival, where their treatment of Ethan and males in general is indicative of being in a position of power for years, Lily actually seems to want Ethan and doesn't just view him as another toy to conquer and break. Such as her direct competition with Cobra for claiming Ethan. Lily probably gets to experience the thrills of her dominance for what I am assuming is the very first time outside of any fantasies she may have had. Ethan would probably have been her first major triumph and his defeat the proof to her becoming more powerful. The other wardens are boringly well established already. If I remember correctly, she apparently comes from a dojo which dismissed her capabilities due to her being female. She's experienced sexism and was basically made to feel she was not equivalent to that of her male peers. Yes, Lily defeating Ethan, as well as her brother, rightfully makes her cockier and gives her an ego where maybe she starts to feel that particular sect of society has held her back because she, as a female, is just inherently better. It's a femdom game so women generally do outmatch the men.

Nobody realistically wants to be held back because of who they are, because of something they cannot help. So I think her desperation to prove herself is understandable, and relatable. We get to observe an actual change in Lily over time, whereas all the other wardens are introduced as brutal sadists who only really view Ethan as an unbroken slave, where it's their duty to ensure he is compliant. Like it's just another day on the job for them. Lily's circumstance is entirely different and this alone would cause her to view Ethan in a different way, as she isn't just another warden. I think Lily and Ethan could actually have a relationship that isn't just mistress and slave.

For myself, it feels like many of the wardens have already reached their potential with the exception of Yvonne who is able to learn new abilities, if my memory serves correct. This creates the idea that since the other wardens aren't really gaining any power, they are either letting Ethan win or Ethan is actually stronger than they are and has yet to meet his equal. Lily has the potential to be that person with how young she still is, and her motivations to become even better. That and Ves since Ves apparently surpassed Swan, so Lily can also surpass those other wardens who may currently be a challenge to her.

As for Ves eclipsing Lily, Ves is great because she's not another BBW or "auntie" but I feel it was rushed. She was charmed too easily by the influence of the tower, but if she came from a similar situation as Lily did where the males also looked down on her then maybe it's more understandable she'd be so tempted by the power exchange. But, Lily still has her convictions as of F7 and I can respect that. I can see Ves eventually claiming all of her dojo members as slaves using Swan's techniques, though, but in my headcanon, Ethan belongs to Lily.
This is a pretty good post putting into words the unseen things that make us love Lily. I mean she's hot it's also her attitude, the character breaking out of old power dynamics, then learning to be more humble and reserved with her newfound power. While it is a bit rushed, that is more to do with the release cycle. Poetically enough, the idea of going from being looked down upon yet achieving greatness doesn't just apply to her in game with the Silver Fin Dojo but also between her character and Koda. Good for Lily proving people wrong both in and out of game.

As for Ethan's power level though, I am in the camp of the wardens letting him win. I mean, if you beat their butts too many times they unlock new modes, including EX. Also, why else would they let him run around the tower? For that matter, they could all just pile on top of him, "Struggle snuggle" him into submission and then put him in a cage to be the tower bicycle.

I will date Koda and threaten to leave him if he doesn't release part 7
Koda would probably delay your date for 3 years as well. *DickPic emoji*

Holefiller

Jan 23, 2019

yeah but swan has bigger tits

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I see what you're saying but to play devils advocate, I do think they genuinely lose in the moment when Ethan defeats them in combat. Them getting EX modes is them just leveling up and becoming stronger, no different than what Ethan does when you gain EXP (ignoring the choice to completely submit after losing). No matter how many times Ethan gets his ass kicked, eventually (even if slowly) he racks up enough EXP to where he's strong enough to overwhelm the wardens if he actually truly wanted to.

This is probably why they just let you proceed when you defeat them. They probably just don't get paid well enough to truly give a fuck about dealing with a combative outlier that subconsciously gets stronger and stronger and would rather just let the next stronger warden attempt to deal with him.

It's important not to forget that Ethan is actually strong, and proves he can actually grow to be enough of a competitive threat in combat when you make the appropriate decisions. The blue fire Ethan busts out against Karen in a true and genuine effort not to lose and be able to finally put up a fight is a perfect example. Another example is Ethan has the ability to counter or evade against any grapple when the player actually allows him to make the effort to.
I do agree that Ethan is strong. Despite having a weakness for foot submission and being a puppy, he is a good protagonist. Tower of Trample is a game that really displays how the traits that make a good hero can be the same ones that make for a good submissive. This is why I don't want to see Ethan get his voice removed.

As for the wardens going easy on him, I think of it as more like they are bored. They already completed their mission and are waiting for their transport back to wherever they are taking their captives to. In some ways Ethan is like Goku in that he is strong, has a positive disposition, is willing to face imposssible odds, and comes back stronger every time he gets his butt kicked. In a sense Ethan's submission is his true power in that it helps fuel his devotion to his Dojo, gives his greater pain tolerance, increases is adrenaline and helps purge his fear of losing a fight. All of that said however, this only works because the girls underestimate him and allow him to keep on trying until he can win.

Reactions: Deadmau7 and aspi45

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020
You worded it perfectly. Ethan losing his voice worries me because it in turn will make the lore weaker, thus removing the overall impact of submission. Submitting to a warden meant abandoning the dojo, your mates, Rose, etc which Ethan constantly reinforced. And it made it hotter. Now if Ethan is just going to be player insert, it won't feel the same. I personally only gave a fuck about Ethan's original mission whenever Ethan reminded me of it through either internal or external dialogue, just before I was about to give into an impulsive decision. And it always made me think "damn, I feel bad." or "damn, this game is actually good in terms of continuity and character development." Now I don't have nearly as much incentive to actually try not to lose or submit.

As corny as it may sound, I'd argue that Ethan is what makes this game so good (aside from the wardens individually) because he made both submission and victory feel tailor fitted (like it actually mattered). It's why it seems so unanimous that nobody except Koda wants to get rid of it. TOT is so popular compared to Bo's other side games because the MC isn't just a cheap self insert to cheat your way out of not working as hard to make something of quality. They may disagree now, but look at how that plan is backfiring.

But as per usual with many games, the devs mindset and echo chambers are fuck listening, and fuck what the players want.

View attachment 1634223
Koda has a small pp

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes