RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Justsomeone99

Jun 11, 2018
You worded it perfectly. Ethan losing his voice worries me because it in turn will make the lore weaker, thus removing the overall impact of submission. Submitting to a warden meant abandoning the dojo, your mates, Rose, etc which Ethan constantly reinforced. And it made it hotter. Now if Ethan is just going to be player insert, it won't feel the same. I personally only gave a fuck about Ethan's original mission whenever Ethan reminded me of it through either internal or external dialogue, just before I was about to give into an impulsive decision. And it always made me think "damn, I feel bad." or "damn, this game is actually good in terms of continuity and character development." Now I don't have nearly as much incentive to actually try not to lose or submit.

As corny as it may sound, I'd argue that Ethan is what makes this game so good (aside from the wardens individually) because he made both submission and victory feel tailor fitted (like it actually mattered). It's why it seems so unanimous that nobody except Koda wants to get rid of it. TOT is so popular compared to Bo's other side games because the MC isn't just a cheap self insert to cheat your way out of not working as hard to make something of quality. They may disagree now, but look at how that plan is backfiring.

But as per usual with many games, the devs mindset and echo chambers are fuck listening, and fuck what the players want.
Very good argument, unfortunately:

Latitude: 12.34283, Longitude: 33.64729
I live in your walls

Bobsterling

Jul 20, 2020
For myself, it feels like many of the wardens have already reached their potential with the exception of Yvonne who is able to learn new abilities, if my memory serves correct.
Not disagreeing with you, but would like to add that Eliza also learned
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
from the monk she captured.

(I dont really know what's considered spoiler or not at page 1523. I assume people jump to the last page.)

Reactions: Deadmau7

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
You worded it perfectly. Ethan losing his voice worries me because it in turn will make the lore weaker, thus removing the overall impact of submission. Submitting to a warden meant abandoning the dojo, your mates, Rose, etc which Ethan constantly reinforced. And it made it hotter. Now if Ethan is just going to be player insert, it won't feel the same. I personally only gave a fuck about Ethan's original mission whenever Ethan reminded me of it through either internal or external dialogue, just before I was about to give into an impulsive decision. And it always made me think "damn, I feel bad." or "damn, this game is actually good in terms of continuity and character development." Now I don't have nearly as much incentive to actually try not to lose or submit.

As corny as it may sound, I'd argue that Ethan is what makes this game so good (aside from the wardens individually) because he made both submission and victory feel tailor fitted (like it actually mattered). It's why it seems so unanimous that nobody except Koda wants to get rid of it. TOT is so popular compared to Bo's other side games because the MC isn't just a cheap self insert to cheat your way out of working as hard to make something of quality. They may disagree now, but look at how that plan is backfiring.

But as per usual with many games, the devs mindset and echo chambers are fuck listening, and fuck what the players want.

View attachment 1634223
I agree that side from the wardens themselves, Ethan is the best part of ToT. I never thought about him failing to save his dojo adding weight to his submission but it makes sense now that you mention it. I think self inserts can work but an actual fleshed out character is far better. The point of a game is to immerse the player into an idealized fantasy world. Players want to experience a fun and kinky fantasy world, not just an extension of mundane life. This is the same mistake tripple A game companies make when they prioritize good graphics over gameplay and story. I mean, imagine the difference between going into a BDSM dungeon where the dommes cosplay as the ToT wardens vs a kinky roleplay where they are in cosplay and you are also playing a character. The latter would be far more enjoyable even if using a simpler and more basic setup.

As for the meme, that hit the nail right on the head about Koda's eccho chamber and his willingness to use the banhammer censor feedback in the discord.

Koda has a small pp
This sounds unironically true.

backstabbers

Feb 7, 2021
can anyone provide a full save file since I wiped my entire pc without backup (or show me where to find the full save files of newest version)

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes