RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Blood Parade

Dusk of Mankind
Donor
Jun 17, 2018
I still think the primary issue is that they give deadlines at all. It's why most developers won't give hard dates unless they're in the process of beta-testing bugs. Koda needs to take a page from blizzard and adopt 'Soon™.' There literally can't be a delay if there was no deadline to overshoot and miss. Whether or not the long development times are warranted is a different argument.
Wholeheartedly agree with this. If this is fully intended as a passion project, constant feature creep and date extensions are going to be a thing and there's nothing anyone, or any complaints, can change about this. Still, dropping these constant dates without being 100% sure they're absolutely happy with what they currently have is an absolute PR fuckfest. The fact they don't really post any previews (let alone regular ones) really doesn't help them either.

There's another developer I know (not lewd) who's absolutely fucking terrible with release dates and won't stop naming them in spite of having missed every single one. While he'd probably be pushed into mud being in a similar situation, I haven't really been able to find much negative criticism over this. What definitely helps him is that he's very active on his Discord server, showing what he's doing on a nearly daily basis, whether posting screenshots/GIFs on in-game things or even describing things like talking with his accountants. He seems pretty apologetic on the date-related criticism aimed towards him as well.

I know that seems offtopic, but the point is that being in professional touch with your fanbase and keeping your PR healthy can take you a long way. I'm guessing the Discord doesn't mind and honestly, that's completely fine; neither do I. The problem in the long run is that word of mouth (limited to Discord peoples' too) can only take you so far (hell, I found out about it from 8chan) and when most discussion threads on forums are... whatever this absolute shitshow is, it's going to leave a sour taste with someone hearing about the game for the first time, who may have been on the verge of actually becoming a new patron.

chesire

May 5, 2017
The situation is like giving around 13000$ and still no actual work to be shown.
Creators don't even have internal discord and in-fighting, just lazy or manupalative assholes. It would get anyone feel betrayed if you know the value of money. Just saying

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
You seem to have your mind made up, but I'll try and respond.

I don't see anything wrong with the dates changing, especially with the mind set that this is a game in the works, being made by someone who is new to making games.

I do seriously think that the delays were primarily from overreaching on content.

I will defend the devs because I like both of them, I don't like them being demonized for something as silly as delays.

Also Bo using other people's content is his problem, apparently they do things differently in China.

I never said they were perfect, I don't think they are. I just want people to get along and quit being bitches.
My dude. We get it. Delays happen sometimes and it sucks, but that alone shouldn't elicit this reaction from people. How about you exercise some empathy instead of dismissing us as the people who keep "being bitches"?

At this point it isn't even about the delays themselves anymore, or about having to wait a long time for content, if it was people would be way angrier at Bo than Koda for delaying the much more important update and for waaay longer. It's about Koda giving zero fucks. He keeps making the same mistake over, and over, and over. I know everyone jokes about him delaying stuff, but I seriously doubt anyone thought he would break his previous records every time he did. And the dude never apologizes or acknowledges his mistakes. You people coming from the discord to defend him to death aren't helping either. It's always our fault for being thirsty, we feel entitled, we should find something else to fap to and quit being bitches.

You don't seem like you've been around for too long, but let me tell you, it adds up. Of course people are going to be fed up if you not only are unable to learn from your mistakes, but you fuck up worse and worse each time, while not taking responsiblity in the slightest.

Also, not every date they give out is tentative, far from it, they've put up countdowns multiple times before an update in the past only for it to get delayed, they've delayed updates a couple days before or even the same day they were supposed to drop as well (I'm saying they but it was mostly Koda lol).

I think you're being naive if you actually think with every delay we're getting something new added to a small Spring Cleaning update, that's probably the case with Bo's update, but not here. It's just excuses, and they can't be corroborated, which is why we he stopped explaining what goes on behind the scenes all of a sudden.

And I'm sure a great deal of Chinese people would be offended by you thinking that plagiarism is a problem with Chinese culture and not Bo Wei himself lmao, that's a nasty stereotype. Badmouthing everyone in China just to shelter your favourite Chinese pr0n dev from criticism... Oh boy.

Last edited:

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
Discord defendats seems like kinda people who don't have actual jobs and earn money with hardwork.
What the fuck is your problem. Patrons are paying $2 per month. 6 months without an update is still only $12. Who are you to say patreon users don't know the value of money. If you don't like it then unsubscribe. Stop counting others' money every fucking post.

edoitachi

Jul 24, 2018
You seem to have your mind made up, but I'll try and respond.

I don't see anything wrong with the dates changing, especially with the mind set that this is a game in the works, being made by someone who is new to making games.

I do seriously think that the delays were primarily from overreaching on content.

I will defend the devs because I like both of them, I don't like them being demonized for something as silly as delays.

Also Bo using other people's content is his problem, apparently they do things differently in China.

I never said they were perfect, I don't think they are. I just want people to get along and quit being bitches.
Dude do you have a JOB? you do know term DEADLINE ? So if you call delays "silly" here im wishing to see you repeat that after not getting payed for 6 months. Let me call your boss ant tell him that you can work for free for half a year he'll be happy to know he has such a "great" employee. Cmon dude dont be a bitch work for free its just a "SILLY" half year delay of your salary kk?
Nobody is demonizing devs for 1-2 delays - things happen we all human.People are angry here not because 1-2 delays but cuz of chain of delays 10+ and CONSTANT i repeat CONSTANT setting of "deadline" terms and then breaking them and setting another one .Btw this Koda dude not just letting down fans of this game (there are over 2-4 k im sure) but also ppl who sponsor him with money - so to say they pay him to do work\content and where is RESULT may i ask you dear Koda defender?? 6 month ZERO. Would you like to invest money in project that has been dead for half a year??? If you still say YES to me that means 2 things you are a crappy invester and you need to go do a check up maybe there is something wrong with your mental HP.
The amount of bull crap dev "defenders" pull out here is over the top X_X

Last edited:
Reactions: emergencyblacksmith

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
Well it seems discord people aren't too happy either, or at least this guy is getting pissed of at Koda, f word and everything, at least that's something. Also he said "hopefully" the update will be ready on the 2nd... yeah sure 100% true no fake in his word.

edoitachi

Jul 24, 2018
Well it seems discord people aren't too happy either, or at least this guy is getting pissed of at Koda, f word and everything, at least that's something. Also he said "hopefully" the update will be ready on the 2nd... yeah sure 100% true no fake in his word.
Well statistics showed that you cant trust any date here announced by Koda.
So the update will came out when all stars line up in Kodas skull

Incognito Guy

totally not zazzaro
Jan 5, 2019
There's another developer I know (not lewd) who's absolutely fucking terrible with release dates and won't stop naming them in spite of having missed every single one. While he'd probably be pushed into mud being in a similar situation, I haven't really been able to find much negative criticism over this. What definitely helps him is that he's very active on his Discord server, showing what he's doing on a nearly daily basis, whether posting screenshots/GIFs on in-game things or even describing things like talking with his accountants. He seems pretty apologetic on the date-related criticism aimed towards him as well.
That is literally what I suggested them to do before the shitshow that made me want to leave.

EroticBloom

Jun 25, 2018
Page 404 update not found...although we did get an update from Koda.

KodaToday at 3:38 AM

Still working but not finished. There are no dramatic mishaps, implementing all the content is simply a grind and needs more time. June 2nd is looking probable at the moment, and as mentioned before: I'll post a countdown when I'm confident about an exact time. Because the end of the month goal was largely a means to reassure folks about our efforts, the upcoming build will be released publicly (ie. you can download it even if you've paused/canceled your pledge). Thanks for your patience.

Honestly, the teasers are winning me over I'm back on board the hype train.

Incognito Guy

totally not zazzaro
Jan 5, 2019
Page 404 update not found...although we did get an update from Koda.

KodaToday at 3:38 AM

Still working but not finished. There are no dramatic mishaps, implementing all the content is simply a grind and needs more time. June 2nd is looking probable at the moment, and as mentioned before: I'll post a countdown when I'm confident about an exact time. Because the end of the month goal was largely a means to reassure folks about our efforts, the upcoming build will be released publicly (ie. you can download it even if you've paused/canceled your pledge). Thanks for your patience.

Honestly, the teasers are winning me over I'm back on board the hype train.
I got my money on June 4th.

Reactions: Awesoooome

tgandhi151

Aug 11, 2018
My dude. We get it. Delays happen sometimes and it sucks, but that alone shouldn't elicit this reaction from people. How about you exercise some empathy instead of dismissing us as the people who keep "being bitches"?

At this point it isn't even about the delays themselves anymore, or about having to wait a long time for content, if it was people would be way angrier at Bo than Koda for delaying the much more important update and for waaay longer. It's about Koda giving zero fucks. He keeps making the same mistake over, and over, and over. I know everyone jokes about him delaying stuff, but I seriously doubt anyone thought he would break his previous records every time he did. And the dude never apologizes or acknowledges his mistakes. You people coming from the discord to defend him to death aren't helping either. It's always our fault for being thirsty, we feel entitled, we should find something else to fap to and quit being bitches.

You don't seem like you've been around for too long, but let me tell you, it adds up. Of course people are going to be fed up if you not only are unable to learn from your mistakes, but you fuck up worse and worse each time, while not taking responsiblity in the slightest.

Also, not every date they give out is tentative, far from it, they've put up countdowns multiple times before an update in the past only for it to get delayed, they've delayed updates a couple days before or even the same day they were supposed to drop as well (I'm saying they but it was mostly Koda lol).

I think you're being naive if you actually think with every delay we're getting something new added to a small Spring Cleaning update, that's probably the case with Bo's update, but not here. It's just excuses, and they can't be corroborated, which is why we he stopped explaining what goes on behind the scenes all of a sudden.

And I'm sure a great deal of Chinese people would be offended by you thinking that plagiarism is a problem with Chinese culture and not Bo Wei himself lmao, that's a nasty stereotype. Badmouthing everyone in China just to shelter your favourite Chinese pr0n dev from criticism... Oh boy.
something not totally relevant to add ... Bo Wei should be from Taiwan, which doesn't exactly fit the stereotype :ROFLMAO:

Brakalt

Jul 30, 2018
I don't think it helps that there isn't (in my opinion) a lot of other Femdom content in terms of the quality of ToT, meaning when people are waiting for updates they can't just turn to other sources bide time until the update happens.

We can also judge it when the content comes out and whether 7F is worth the delays, probably won't be, but I believe the content will still be high quality which matters.

Revoni

Jun 4, 2018

Ok. Thanks for the feedback. Sorry we don't agree.

Revoni

Jun 4, 2018
Dude do you have a JOB? you do know term DEADLINE ? So if you call delays "silly" here im wishing to see you repeat that after not getting payed for 6 months. Let me call your boss ant tell him that you can work for free for half a year he'll be happy to know he has such a "great" employee. Cmon dude dont be a bitch work for free its just a "SILLY" half year delay of your salary kk?
Nobody is demonizing devs for 1-2 delays - things happen we all human.People are angry here not because 1-2 delays but cuz of chain of delays 10+ and CONSTANT i repeat CONSTANT setting of "deadline" terms and then breaking them and setting another one .Btw this Koda dude not just letting down fans of this game (there are over 2-4 k im sure) but also ppl who sponsor him with money - so to say they pay him to do work\content and where is RESULT may i ask you dear Koda defender?? 6 month ZERO. Would you like to invest money in project that has been dead for half a year??? If you still say YES to me that means 2 things you are a crappy invester and you need to go do a check up maybe there is something wrong with your mental HP.
The amount of bull crap dev "defenders" pull out here is over the top X_X
I think that's where we see things differently.

You think of Bo and Koda working a job, you pay them they give you a product. Which is fine.

I see it as I give them money so they can work on a project that otherwise wouldn't be able to be worked on, due to them working actual jobs.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes