• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
Don't rush him guys or he is gonna "pass out" coding again and delay the fuck out of this joke even further. If when the playtesters find a bunch of bugs, how long do you think is going to take for him to fix them?

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
Firstly, could you both calm down? It's not going to be long before the mods come down on you both like a tonne of feathers for throwing around personal insults. As amusing as that would be to see, I'd rather we just speculate on whether those two ladies of the interlude are gonna be a double fight or not.

While I agree with the thrust of what you're saying, stoaunt, I'd just correct that copying and using other people's scripts in RPGM is no different to using a dll or an API, and is half of what you do in game development. Unsure what's made you think otherwise, but having created games and written my own libraries for others to use, using other people's code is an ordinary industry practice both in entertainment and commercial software. Even in RPG Maker specifically; there are a dozen of Yanfly's scripts being used in ToT (the entire save/load menu is a Yanfly script) that were made for the express purpose of other people using them. The base code for showing profile images on the sides of the screen was some obscure Chinese developer who doesn't understand how to use Ruby classes, again made for other people to use. The rest of what you're saying is fairly accurate.

EDIT: And you guys both think Koda is lazy and incompetent so why on earth are you arguing over this

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
I'd rather we just speculate on whether those two ladies of the interlude are gonna be a double fight or not.
Same! I think they must be interwoven somehow, and if you don't fight them at the same time there must be a close connection. They look too close stylistically to think otherwise IMO. It would be cool to finally get a fight against two opponents. I think it would be neat if you could do that with the other women in certain combinations after you defeated them as well, lots of neat possibilities there.

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
I'm out of my element here, so guide me through this. The hard part about using RPGM is the scripting, right? But is there actually a good reason for Koda to keep trying to make new scripts? Especially if:
a) It's no easy task in RPGM
b) He's never been good at it, and he shows no signs of improvement
c) His scripts only make small inconsequential changes to the games, he admits most people probably won't notice them, and no one has ever asked him to implement them in the first place
d) And worst of all, they push back release dates even further, possibly making him have to delay updates, which has been a huge problem for him since forever, one that he should've fixed by now.

To me, Koda is like someone who obsessively tries to tailor Skyrim to their preferences, downloading tons of mods and ENBs in order to make his experience with that game as unique and memorable as possible. But after he's done setting everything up, he starts the game and it runs like shit and freezes every 10 minutes because he installed 1001 different mods on it. And then he goes around saying this "I don't get what people see in Skyrim, it took me days to set it up and it barely even runs on my $2000 PC despite being 8 years old, what a shitty ass game". Would you take that person seriously? Would you pity them because of the tough time they had while playing Skyrim? Cuz I'd just call them an idiot, even if they were well-intentioned...
Morale of the story is this: Don't feel sympathy for people who get into rough situations because of their terrible decisions, save your empathy for those who are also in shitty situations but never had a say in the matter, like a guy who can't afford a PC that runs Skyrim decently, or another guy who has some sort of disability that makes playing Skyrim difficult.
Fuck Todd Howard though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
At least the modders can give you results of what they intended to do, Koda doesn't even know what he wants from the game it's like there are all these shapeless ideas in his head and instead of picking one and shape it, he grabs a bit of everything and toss it there and calls it a day, next day (or week) he's like ''nah it's not quite right I'mma do it all over again'' and repeats
P.S.
I'm replaying Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition now
even tho I can run Fallout 4 on Ultra, and it doesn't even lag a bit
this says a lot about the state of Todd Howard and Bethesda....Fallout 76 my ass
meanwhile some people are still waiting for ''Skyrim 2''

Reactions: Greycrimson

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
is there a time frame for the possible today release, or is it "for sure" and i use that very sarcastically tomorrow?
Checking back in after a month off the site only to find another delay from Koda. Surprise, surprise. I agree with the meme from above, I will actually be shocked if he ever uploads it at this point. The guy is not even an idiot anymore, he is a scam artist who sells pre-orders then never releases the game, then does it again and again every month.

For fucks sake these people have gotten 12 months worth of patreon money for literally making half an hours worth of content. How they have any patreons at this point is the reason this world is so fucked up.

Kevin131191S

Jul 15, 2018
So guys is everyone looking forward to a new delay today? My guess is the excuse will be something like "I ran into same issues, I'm gonna delay it until wednesday".

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
So guys is everyone looking forward to a new delay today? My guess is the excuse will be something like "I ran into same issues, I'm gonna delay it until wednesday".
I think it will start with a lame joke about the situation, some overused excuse and a false date, maybe with a Bo is working really hard on F7, interlude, the cure for cancer or global warming solution.

• Haha
Reactions: ErcnardSieghart
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes