RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
You did say that no one would do it for free or for very little money like Koda does, right? But that doesn't mean Bo is out of options here. If Bo's the type of guy who'll keep an unstable employee like Koda just because it's saving him money despite how unhealthy it may be for his game's development (and steal art unapologetically), then he's also the kind of guy to lie through his teeth like this. If he makes so much money on Patreon then he can afford to hire people who can do Koda's job much better than he can (which isn't exactly a high standard), the ony reason he doesn't is because it isn't in his character and he cares too much about his profit.
Technically I said that I wouldn't do it for the amount of money Koda gets :p. I doubt there are people he could hire to take Koda's place. I don't really know the dev market for RPGM though so I could be wrong, at this point it's just a feeling. This genre is super small, after all. And yeah, he's the sort of person to steal art and make claims of pragmatism as defence so clearly not an A+ on morality and ethics. Again, you might be right that he's lying, I just don't think he is. Not like I have any evidence for it so I'm not going to pretend my opinion is an objective fact lel

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Technically I said that I wouldn't do it for the amount of money Koda gets :p. I doubt there are people he could hire to take Koda's place. I don't really know the dev market for RPGM though so I could be wrong, at this point it's just a feeling. This genre is super small, after all. And yeah, he's the sort of person to steal art and make claims of pragmatism as defence so clearly not an A+ on morality and ethics. Again, you might be right that he's lying, I just don't think he is. Not like I have any evidence for it so I'm not going to pretend my opinion is an objective fact lel
Time will tell in the end. I hope you're right but at the same time I'm not keeping my hopes up, if that makes any sense...

Reactions: Sylph Phoenix

Narak8813

Nov 16, 2018
I'm a bit out of the loop regarding ToT but as i understood it there would be a Cobra patch then floor 7. Now who are those 2? are we gonna fight them, will they have scenes, are they on floor 7?
No things have changed a little,koda and bo are now working on the interlude update, these 2 will be a tot update while we wait for f7.
As Koda said on Discord:Cobra will come at out some point before 7F and the rest will come after.
So no they are not on F7,I think we will fight them(not sure because we don't have info,but I think so)and yes I think they will certainly have scenes.

Incognito Guy

totally not zazzaro
Jan 5, 2019
Sylph Phoenix since you seem to know the situation inside out, mind telling me exactly what Koda does?

Because he's a writer, cool, but isn't 7F written by Bo? Also he's a coder, but can't Bo code also since he developed the first portion of the game alone?

I'm asking because I'm really not that familiar with RPGM, and Koda has been slowing down a disturbing amount of projects at this point. This interlude thing won't be an exception.

... He can be reached in the Discord, if you're a patron then you can get in.
I think you can get in even without.

Justsomeone99

Jun 11, 2018
Do you know the game that was made by the same dev of succubus dreamer? i saw that there was a little smalltalk about it and i downloaded the translated version someone put on but i got an error since it didn't load an audio part, any help?

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
Sylph Phoenix since you seem to know the situation inside out, mind telling me exactly what Koda does?

Because he's a writer, cool, but isn't 7F written by Bo? Also he's a coder, but can't Bo code also since he developed the first portion of the game alone?

I'm asking because I'm really not that familiar with RPGM, and Koda has been slowing down a disturbing amount of projects at this point. This interlude thing won't be an exception.
Sure. Before Koda goes over Bo Wei's work, the English is classic Engrish, not really much better than his old games. Balance is also a big question mark. Bo has a tendency to make them, uh, a bit challenging. Bo is definitely a competent scripter as well; I heard yesterday that Bo added a particular mechanic that Koda says that he himself has been wanting without realizing it. Not anything huge but a neat combat thing that I'm happy for as well. Also, yesterday I was messaged about a roadblock they both ran into and Koda had me working on it. Then Bo decided he'd have another go of it as well and his idea was an educated one so I let him go for it. He only ended up struggling with a little line break thing and I was able to explain how to get around that. He's definitely a competent scripter in his own right, but he's the only artist so obviously there's a question of priority.

The main issue is when Koda decides that Bo didn't add enough/has a hot idea and he decides to add stuff on top of his normal work. WG is the perfect example. Bo wanted him to just polish it; get the English sorted, fix bugs, balance it. Koda wanted it to be better, and it threw out the schedule completely. That's the folly of Koda, and the reason why he has such a delaying impact. The interlude will have terrible English, not work in some areas, and be difficult beyond enjoyment until Koda's done with it. But if Koda comes up with some hot idea to add to it, then we're all screwed and we'll see it some time after everyone's putting up Christmas decorations. Here's hoping, I suppose.

Incognito Guy

totally not zazzaro
Jan 5, 2019
Sure. Before Koda goes over Bo Wei's work, the English is classic Engrish, not really much better than his old games. Balance is also a big question mark. Bo has a tendency to make them, uh, a bit challenging. Bo is definitely a competent scripter as well; I heard yesterday that Bo added a particular mechanic that Koda says that he himself has been wanting without realizing it. Not anything huge but a neat combat thing that I'm happy for as well. Also, yesterday I was messaged about a roadblock they both ran into and Koda had me working on it. Then Bo decided he'd have another go of it as well and his idea was an educated one so I let him go for it. He only ended up struggling with a little line break thing and I was able to explain how to get around that. He's definitely a competent scripter in his own right, but he's the only artist so obviously there's a question of priority.

The main issue is when Koda decides that Bo didn't add enough/has a hot idea and he decides to add stuff on top of his normal work. WG is the perfect example. Bo wanted him to just polish it; get the English sorted, fix bugs, balance it. Koda wanted it to be better, and it threw out the schedule completely. That's the folly of Koda, and the reason why he has such a delaying impact. The interlude will have terrible English, not work in some areas, and be difficult beyond enjoyment until Koda's done with it. But if Koda comes up with some hot idea to add to it, then we're all screwed and we'll see it some time after everyone's putting up Christmas decorations. Here's hoping, I suppose.
Koda's work ethic sounds worse every time I hear about it.

Now I'm wondering though, why Bo doesn't just tell him a big fat 'no' from time to time? Didn't he complain about Koda's behavior as well at some point?

Reactions: olorex11

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
Koda's work ethic sounds worse every time I hear about it.

Now I'm wondering though, why Bo doesn't just tell him a big fat 'no' from time to time? Didn't he complain about Koda's behavior as well at some point?
I actually have no idea. All I know is what we all know, that Bo at one point gave him shit for the mess he made with WG. I'm not privy to anything more than that. There may be a more complicated relationship there, but your guess is as good as mine.

Narak8813

Nov 16, 2018
Sorry to bother you again but i want to understand it correctly. So first there will be the interlude patch then we get the Cobra patch and then floor 7. Now with the Cobra patch will it be the full patch or is Koda gonna cut it up, will the other villians like Scarlet or Lilly get new content and will it be before or after F7 comes out? I ask this because i want to move forward with the game when F7 is out and not restart my save all over again because the older villains got new content. Thx.
don't worry :), the updates should arrive in the order you wrote it, we don't know if koda will cut into parts the cobra update (hope not after all this time) or when updates will arrive for the other girls.
Even for us patrons it is sometimes difficult to understand in which order the updates will arrive xD
For now it should be Interlude, Cobra, F7.
But we have no information on WG 1.0 and the other girls.
supermann88 you know more? i miss something?
Sylph Phoenix since you are close to koda and bo maybe you know better then me :)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017
niBBit Narak8813 Yeah that is pretty much the planned order and the thing with the cobra part is... It prolly needs to be before Floor 7 because it also has the mouse support and all the other features he was working on in it. The content for the other girls is on a break for now and will be worked on after everyting with floor 7 is done... I get most of my Info either from discord or from private talks. The Order should be: Interlude->WG 1.0 ->Cobra + UI rework, mouse support etc-> Floor7 -> only the future knows but prolly Lily and everything Bo Wei will work on inbetween I guess.
Btw something fun below.
ezgif-4-efc3bf3a301c.gif

Last edited:

hupuuser

Jun 8, 2018
I am coder! (RUBY , JAVASCRIPT , JAVA ...)
I want realese fast 7F.
Do you know KODA contact information?
Actually,koda and bo have this thing like a test ,kind like making you to do a little demo game on yourself.Most people who claim they are coders just disappear after that...so... hope you r not one of that kind guy.

Dec 9, 2017
I think if anyone in here with the right skillset wants to help them out that would be great, it would speed up the whole thing considerably... I am even willing to help you contact Koda if you are sincere about the whole thing. qhrrywk But as hupuuser said, you will prolly need to prove yourself abit because there were alot of fake ones in the past.
Btw Hamayaz goes full out on the fanart right now his next load below: CharaStudio-2019-10-06-20-17-28-Render.png
CharaStudio-2019-10-06-22-30-01-Render.png

CharaStudio-2019-10-06-20-17-28-Render.png CharaStudio-2019-10-06-20-30-01-Render2.png CharaStudio-2019-10-06-20-44-16-Render.png CharaStudio-2019-10-06-21-02-28-Render.png CharaStudio-2019-10-06-21-05-59-Render.png CharaStudio-2019-10-06-21-10-17-Render.png CharaStudio-2019-10-06-21-35-36-Render.png CharaStudio-2019-10-06-21-47-51-Render.png CharaStudio-2019-10-06-22-18-49-Render.png CharaStudio-2019-10-06-22-19-18-Render.png CharaStudio-2019-10-06-22-30-01-Render.png

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes