RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020
If i remember well, 15.1 will be Swan bug fixes ( not sure)
That we know of, 15.1 will contain bug fixes, a scene for Swan and a small amount of content for Lily, which I'm guessing is taken from the Spring Cleaning update.

There may be more, but it's important to note that both the bug fixes and Swan's scene were supposed to be part of Crow's update last month.

renzur

Aug 14, 2017
He’s saving the bug fixes for later dates and calls them updates. We won’t be seeing chapter 3 for months, and won’t be seeing jester / 7f till the holidays or next year.

let me put this into perspective, we got mount and blade bannerlord before we got 7F.

This game’s schedule is wackadoo if it even has one.

Last edited:

Bo Wei

Jan 17, 2018
I spent 7 months on 7F last year. Drew a bunch of CGs. And tried to make a bigger floor. Turns out the scale of 7F was too big that my programming/Rpgmaker skill can't quite handle which caused almost 7-8 months of no release developing hell. People are mad.

So when I finish my part on 7F, I try to schdule it better. Cutting a big floor into chapters(Swan and Crow ). So I can make something big and meanwhile you guys can at least get something every 1-2 months. Then I made Swan(ep1) and Crow(ep2) and give Koda. Then Koda started polishing on them.

Ok so TOT is getting polished by Koda and I think maybe I can make a few short and fun games. So I made tiffany and theresa. But some of you said "Devs are lazy and make stupid little game rather than TOT so stupid so lame".

Ok so as soon as Theresa was finished, I immediately jumped back, and made a short fun battle(Jessica the jester) and send it to Koda. Meanwhile I start getting more transparent by releasing some cgs and progress report every single week. And stream me working on TOT and my current progress on discord every week.

I never claim that I'm a super experienced dev and being able to release A+ content on super short period of time. I even told you guys that I'm a novice game dev, brace yourself for loads of bugs. But at least thoughout those 2 years I really do try to git gud. Try compare swan and crow to scarlett. Think about it, every floor is unique, every dom has different battle behaviour, ero scenes, room, dialogue, design. They're not premade assets. I drew and write all of them one by one. And it takes time.

So if you call me slow and inefficient, yeah, because I'm new in game dev, duh. But I do keep trying to get gud. Tbh I can just reuse the same framework of last villainess, draw a portrait of her, add a few cgs and write some shitty dialogues call it an update. Ez. But I always try to do new stuff, even if it may fuck up the schdule and deadline because my skills aren't capable of archieving what I want yet.

Making unique and new stuff takes time. If you don't appreciate it, if you want a steady but repetitive content, then ok, we reach to a parting of the ways here. But don't call me a scam/lazy. If I want to scam people/be lazy, there are millions of easier ways.

And same applies to Koda. He could have just fix my grammar, take my money and call it a day. But he tried to get his hand dirty of fixing my mess, adding his own ideas into TOT. Although I think those baby/gimpsuit shit are shit, I know some people would like it. He OCD through every corners of the game that to be fair, no one would give a shit about them. Minor dialogue variation and crappy poorly photoshopped cg. But that's what we need. Let's say he spends 1 year on making 100 ideas. 99 of them are crap, C- rubbish. But there is one of them that's an A- for me/ or maybe for you. Instead of giving out 10 B+ ideas constantly, I prefer that one A- idea approach, even at the end I might just get 100 D- rubbish from him. And I believe that you guys once find that one "A-" idea in TOT too.

Amanwholive

Mar 30, 2018
I spent 7 months on 7F last year. Drew a bunch of CGs. And tried to make a bigger floor. Turns out the scale of 7F was too big that my programming/Rpgmaker skill can't quite handle which caused almost 7-8 months of no release developing hell. People are mad.

So when I finish my part on 7F, I try to schdule it better. Cutting a big floor into chapters(Swan and Crow ). So I can make something big and meanwhile you guys can at least get something every 1-2 months. Then I made Swan(ep1) and Crow(ep2) and give Koda. Then Koda started polishing on them.

Ok so TOT is getting polished by Koda and I think maybe I can make a few short and fun games. So I made tiffany and theresa. But some of you said "Devs are lazy and make stupid little game rather than TOT so stupid so lame".

Ok so as soon as Theresa was finished, I immediately jumped back, and made a short fun battle(Jessica the jester) and send it to Koda. Meanwhile I start getting more transparent by releasing some cgs and progress report every single week. And stream me working on TOT and my current progress on discord every week.

I never claim that I'm a super experienced dev and being able to release A+ content on super short period of time. I even told you guys that I'm a novice game dev, brace yourself for loads of bugs. But at least thoughout those 2 years I really do try to git gud. Try compare swan and crow to scarlett. Think about it, every floor is unique, every dom has different battle behaviour, ero scenes, room, dialogue, design. They're not premade assets. I drew and write all of them one by one. And it takes time.

So if you call me slow and inefficient, yeah, because I'm new in game dev, duh. But I do keep trying to get gud. Tbh I can just reuse the same framework of last villainess, draw a portrait of her, add a few cgs and write some shitty dialogues call it an update. Ez. But I always try to do new stuff, even if it may fuck up the schdule and deadline because my skills aren't capable of archieving what I want yet.

Making unique and new stuff takes time. If you don't appreciate it, if you want a steady but repetitive content, then ok, we reach to a parting of the ways here. But don't call me a scam/lazy. If I want to scam people/be lazy, there are millions of easier ways.

And same applies to Koda. He could have just fix my grammar, take my money and call it a day. But he tried to get his hand dirty of fixing my mess, adding his own ideas into TOT. Although I think those baby/gimpsuit shit are shit, I know some people would like it. He OCD through every corners of the game that to be fair, no one would give a shit about them. Minor dialogue variation and crappy poorly photoshopped cg. But that's what we need. Let's say he spends 1 year on making 100 ideas. 99 of them are crap, C- rubbish. But there is one of them that's an A- for me/ or maybe for you. Instead of giving out 10 B+ ideas constantly, I prefer that one A- idea approach, even at the end I might just get 100 D- rubbish from him. And I believe that you guys once find that one "A-" idea in TOT too.
I agree with almost everything you say, many complaints here go to Koda not to you, yeah, maybe the latest have been complaints in general without pointing to anyone but even if i, personally, dont like the new games i think we "respect it" here cause we finally have some proves that you guys are doing something.

Even after reading your message Koda is, for me, the main problem in this game, and in what world an "assistant" put ideas freely in your own game? I think you need to take more control in the decissions of this things; Oh and if its really true that Koda is the main programmer of this game let me say that he is the worst programmer i have ever seen, instead of fixing your errors, he "patched" them in the fastest and worst way, making a snowball that has ended up with an illegible code, you only need to see TOT code yourself to notice it.

When we give you good ideas and good feedback it looks like you dont read anything in this forum, but when a bunch of people start to blame you and throw shit on you, you two start to post a lot of crying and accusations towards us...

The best idea i can give you is: Hire someone better

Last edited:

renzur

Aug 14, 2017
He’s saving the bug fixes for later dates and calls them updates. We won’t be seeing chapter 3 for months, and won’t be seeing jester / 7f till the holidays or next year.

I’m in no way trying to shit on the quality of the stuff you guys put out.
it’s the delays of the delays of the delays that get me a bit ticked off. I loved warriors guild and always in debt, a cool change in settings and characters.

What would be best on your end to do, is to hire someone who knows RPGMAKER from heart scripting wise, and/or to get someone who can help with organization / scheduling.

We can take the long waits, but not the constant delays to delays to delays.

Try and setup a GitKraken or use some other Organization tool online.

We also like to not be left in the dark, we love this game, and support it enough to keep posting on here. If we didn’t care for it at all, none of us would be here.

Reactions: Has3an-Kia

Billus

Nov 14, 2019
From what I've seen most people just want more transparency they want to know what is going on and not be told something is coming out when it is not even if the update will take a while people will understand if they are told why instead of being given a date of release that cannot be lived up to.

Reactions: LupoManajo

sigmazx

Jun 18, 2018

That's cool and all man but why do you hate Lily?

Nov 10, 2018

The more transparent you are, the less likely folks are to be dicks about it. I for one appreciate the move towards increased transparency.

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
A year ago, even 8 months ago what you just wrote Bo Wei, could have reduced the mob grabbing the pitchforks and torches greatly. Sad part is that we asked for said transparency since Ivonne 2.0 situation.
Better pull Koda's leash tighter next time.

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020
Meanwhile I start getting more transparent by releasing some cgs and progress report every single week. And stream me working on TOT and my current progress on discord every week.
And that's great. Not everybody can follow your streams obviously, but those that do know that you are working hard at the moment. It has been said here too, and while voices travel slow, there's no need to get defensive.

This is the problm though. I love Koda's work, I really do, and it was literally 2 days ago that I was in my little private chat praising with Narak8813 the different dialogues you get everytime you replay a Crow scene.

There's a time and place however: Koda's to-do list is massive at the moment, and it will only get larger with the release of 6.5F pt3.

Plus let's not forget about 7F blocking the development of future floors. I mean there's a reason why 6.5F, despite being bigger than any other floor, is stuck behind a little door in the corner of 6F's main hall. A door of which's key you find under a random NPC's foot...

Since Jester is one of the "smaller" updates, I think most people, me included, were hoping for a quick work by Koda followed up by a progress report saying "I'll direct my efforts towards 7F until I get pt3 on my hands".

We just want Koda to choose his battles, because otherwise the development will remain stuck on 6F for another year... if not more.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes