RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

renzur

Aug 14, 2017
IMO game fixes are NOT updates, they are PATCHES.

The devs pushed themselves into this corner, it’s up to them to get out of it, not us.

marut

Mar 20, 2020
I spent 7 months on 7F last year. Drew a bunch of CGs. And tried to make a bigger floor. Turns out the scale of 7F was too big that my programming/Rpgmaker skill can't quite handle which caused almost 7-8 months of no release developing hell. People are mad.

So when I finish my part on 7F, I try to schdule it better. Cutting a big floor into chapters(Swan and Crow ). So I can make something big and meanwhile you guys can at least get something every 1-2 months. Then I made Swan(ep1) and Crow(ep2) and give Koda. Then Koda started polishing on them.

Ok so TOT is getting polished by Koda and I think maybe I can make a few short and fun games. So I made tiffany and theresa. But some of you said "Devs are lazy and make stupid little game rather than TOT so stupid so lame".

Ok so as soon as Theresa was finished, I immediately jumped back, and made a short fun battle(Jessica the jester) and send it to Koda. Meanwhile I start getting more transparent by releasing some cgs and progress report every single week. And stream me working on TOT and my current progress on discord every week.

I never claim that I'm a super experienced dev and being able to release A+ content on super short period of time. I even told you guys that I'm a novice game dev, brace yourself for loads of bugs. But at least thoughout those 2 years I really do try to git gud. Try compare swan and crow to scarlett. Think about it, every floor is unique, every dom has different battle behaviour, ero scenes, room, dialogue, design. They're not premade assets. I drew and write all of them one by one. And it takes time.

So if you call me slow and inefficient, yeah, because I'm new in game dev, duh. But I do keep trying to get gud. Tbh I can just reuse the same framework of last villainess, draw a portrait of her, add a few cgs and write some shitty dialogues call it an update. Ez. But I always try to do new stuff, even if it may fuck up the schdule and deadline because my skills aren't capable of archieving what I want yet.

Making unique and new stuff takes time. If you don't appreciate it, if you want a steady but repetitive content, then ok, we reach to a parting of the ways here. But don't call me a scam/lazy. If I want to scam people/be lazy, there are millions of easier ways.

And same applies to Koda. He could have just fix my grammar, take my money and call it a day. But he tried to get his hand dirty of fixing my mess, adding his own ideas into TOT. Although I think those baby/gimpsuit shit are shit, I know some people would like it. He OCD through every corners of the game that to be fair, no one would give a shit about them. Minor dialogue variation and crappy poorly photoshopped cg. But that's what we need. Let's say he spends 1 year on making 100 ideas. 99 of them are crap, C- rubbish. But there is one of them that's an A- for me/ or maybe for you. Instead of giving out 10 B+ ideas constantly, I prefer that one A- idea approach, even at the end I might just get 100 D- rubbish from him. And I believe that you guys once find that one "A-" idea in TOT too.
People are not crying about you. I think it is about delays after delays after delays and Koda. You do your best.

Reactions: LeonOne994

akuuuu4

Aug 5, 2018
I spent 7 months on 7F last year. Drew a bunch of CGs. And tried to make a bigger floor. Turns out the scale of 7F was too big that my programming/Rpgmaker skill can't quite handle which caused almost 7-8 months of no release developing hell. People are mad.

So when I finish my part on 7F, I try to schdule it better. Cutting a big floor into chapters(Swan and Crow ). So I can make something big and meanwhile you guys can at least get something every 1-2 months. Then I made Swan(ep1) and Crow(ep2) and give Koda. Then Koda started polishing on them.

Ok so TOT is getting polished by Koda and I think maybe I can make a few short and fun games. So I made tiffany and theresa. But some of you said "Devs are lazy and make stupid little game rather than TOT so stupid so lame".

Ok so as soon as Theresa was finished, I immediately jumped back, and made a short fun battle(Jessica the jester) and send it to Koda. Meanwhile I start getting more transparent by releasing some cgs and progress report every single week. And stream me working on TOT and my current progress on discord every week.

I never claim that I'm a super experienced dev and being able to release A+ content on super short period of time. I even told you guys that I'm a novice game dev, brace yourself for loads of bugs. But at least thoughout those 2 years I really do try to git gud. Try compare swan and crow to scarlett. Think about it, every floor is unique, every dom has different battle behaviour, ero scenes, room, dialogue, design. They're not premade assets. I drew and write all of them one by one. And it takes time.

So if you call me slow and inefficient, yeah, because I'm new in game dev, duh. But I do keep trying to get gud. Tbh I can just reuse the same framework of last villainess, draw a portrait of her, add a few cgs and write some shitty dialogues call it an update. Ez. But I always try to do new stuff, even if it may fuck up the schdule and deadline because my skills aren't capable of archieving what I want yet.

Making unique and new stuff takes time. If you don't appreciate it, if you want a steady but repetitive content, then ok, we reach to a parting of the ways here. But don't call me a scam/lazy. If I want to scam people/be lazy, there are millions of easier ways.

And same applies to Koda. He could have just fix my grammar, take my money and call it a day. But he tried to get his hand dirty of fixing my mess, adding his own ideas into TOT. Although I think those baby/gimpsuit shit are shit, I know some people would like it. He OCD through every corners of the game that to be fair, no one would give a shit about them. Minor dialogue variation and crappy poorly photoshopped cg. But that's what we need. Let's say he spends 1 year on making 100 ideas. 99 of them are crap, C- rubbish. But there is one of them that's an A- for me/ or maybe for you. Instead of giving out 10 B+ ideas constantly, I prefer that one A- idea approach, even at the end I might just get 100 D- rubbish from him. And I believe that you guys once find that one "A-" idea in TOT too.
Thank you Bo, for telling everyone about all of this. BTW, good English.
I believe that when people talked about delays, most of them were telling jokes for fun and for an alleviation of anxiety. Only very few people were really so mad that they thought you were not working hard. Anyway, gl.

Onyxzz

Jul 21, 2018
We understand that, but we all want it because of that. It's so unique and also Kaori is well god damnnn!

That is what makes ToT one of the best, if not, the best femdom game. Take your time, but keep us updated with what's happening because we want to see progress. There's no problem that something takes more time or something takes less, or even taking a break, seeing that things are done show us we don't wait for literally nothing.

Kevin131191S

Jul 15, 2018

I don't think anyone is mad about the quality. People are annoyed by the delays and the lack of communication (which seems to be improving right now) . The updates that we get (like the most recent crow update) was great!

Reactions: Z - Reborn

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018

Most of the things you said are 100% true. Except for the part about Koda and about people disliking the two smaller games. as far as I have seen almost everybody here loved both games (me included) so I don't know where you get that from. As for Koda, most of your getting good and work ethic goes to waste when you finish in time but he spends the next 5 months doing crap all. Especially when we KNOW that he lied several times. The rest is spot on and I love the work that you do, I honestly do.

Pugugly001

Jan 7, 2019
Honestly, even before Bo Wei checked in my reaction was 'Whine Whine Whine Bitch Bitch Bitch'; It's an adult game with great art and fun dialogue that's actually good.

For which I personally have paid... nada. I've thought about donating - certainly it's worth it, but I'm broke and so that hasn't happened.

Hey Bo Wei and co... I love your game. I wish it had no scat. I'd love it more if almost everywhere you used the word 'Stink' you used 'Pheromones'. The scene where Eliza just uses a long expanse of leg to make the protagonist orgasm is wonderful and i definitely want more like that.

Also i have a book of Amazon vignettes on uh... Amazon, and if you or Koda want a free epub version I'd be happy to send you a copy because of all the above.

That's it - Thanks - Pug

Reactions: meeman
Jan 1, 2018

974D46F7-C999-4C01-829A-677098466735.gif

Cynic777

Nov 18, 2018
I think that Koda should finish his current deals asap(f7 crow jester spring cleaning) as it is, and after he will pay this "debts" to community and bo, he can start making creative content. Thats my optimal solution to this situation. And if he wants to add some creativity to all this things. He can do it later.

Apr 22, 2020
Jester will come. Koda doesn't need to work much on it, so unless he gets too "feature crazy" we can expect it in June (+delay).
We were told to expect it for May since "Koda doesn't need to work much on it", though.

Not saying that we're entitled to it or the like, but I distinctly remember when the plan was for it to be added for May before anything else, and then Koda going "not sure if it should be in ToT or its own game".

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020
We were told to expect it for May since "Koda doesn't need to work much on it", though.

Not saying that we're entitled to it or the like, but I distinctly remember when the plan was for it to be added for May before anything else, and then Koda going "not sure if it should be in ToT or its own game".
I was expecting that too honestly, but you know how it is. If he wants to, he can make it by june though. That's my point.

Pugugly001

Jan 7, 2019
I think that Koda should finish his current deals asap(f7 crow jester spring cleaning) as it is, and after he will pay this "debts" to community and bo, he can start making creative content. Thats my optimal solution to this situation. And if he wants to add some creativity to all this things. He can do it later.
Wow. You think he has a 'debt to the community'.

He has some implied bargain with those that support his patreon, but that is only that of an artist to his patrons to produce works as he sees fit. He owes the 'community' nothing.

He gifts the community this. This copyrighted work that Bo Wei and company have created, that he allows us access to despite the fact that we give him nothing tangible in return.

A polite 'Thank You' might be in order.

My god y'all are entitled.

Onyxzz

Jul 21, 2018
You can play it for free. The patreon is absolutely optional at this point, why would they be in "debt" to the community.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes