RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Yuushiro1085

May 25, 2018
2 months? LMAO. And that's before Koda even touches it, right? It may not evencome out this year, then. Guess we shouldn't have expected anything to change...
if he gv to koda its more or less we probably get it end of year...2month from bo + ???? month from koda.

Think about this.

Bo is working like a train lately, and we know it. Koda has to finish 15.1 and Jester before getting his hands on pt3, so what did you want Bo to work on in these 2 months?

In any other situation I'd agree with you, pt3 needs to be done quickly so we can move on to 7F and finally get out of this development block after all, but in this case Bo is left with literally nothing else to do.

Besides he said he's refining content: adding variations, smoothing out stuff, rounding up the story. This is usually Koda's work, which could mean he's learning to be more independent.

I don't see this as bad news.
2month from BO for refining i agree i dont see it as bad news since i can understand since he got gated with koda, even bo's previous post he did mention he still waiting for koda. probably this 2 month stuff he probably get tired from koda shit and start learning to do by himself

Apr 22, 2020
Think about this.

Bo is working like a train lately, and we know it. Koda has to finish 15.1 and Jester before getting his hands on pt3, so what did you want Bo to work on in these 2 months?
Koda should already have finished 15.1 and Jester, though.

It's not bad news, it's irrelevant news, IMO. If people are waiting for Elder Scrolls 6 telling them "the development of Elder Scrolls 7 is going well" means nothing. Even if it's true the development is going well.

If Bo Wei wants to give good news, he should be doing so with 15.1 and Jester, since Koda's not doing it and there was reportedly only a bit of work to do + Bo Wei's already polishing stuff.

Honestly I love this game but I'd much rather see even unfinished Jester than "I'm working on the double battle"

Last edited:

Kevin131191S

Jul 15, 2018
It's good that Bo is working on stuff but everything seems to be blocked by Koda. At the rate this is going we might not even get an update this year.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Think about this.

In any other situation I'd agree with you, pt3 needs to be done quickly so we can move on to 7F and finally get out of this development block after all, but in this case Bo is left with literally nothing else to do.

Besides he said he's refining content: adding variations, smoothing out stuff, rounding up the story. This is usually Koda's work, which could mean he's learning to be more independent.

And here is the flaw in your logic, friend. Bo doesn't have to wait on Koda, or do what Koda's supposed to be doing, like you say. Bo is the head of this project, if he actually wanted to get it back on track then he could do so, easily. He isn't out of options, if the problem is Koda lagging behind, barely doing any fucking work and coding himself into a knot for the twentieth time, then he can do one of two things about it: Either stop paying him in pennies like some people were insinuating a while back, and see if he becomes more motivated to do his job after that, or just give him the boot in order to hire someone who's actually competent (notice how both of these solutions would end up hurting his bottom line).
If Bo Wei, the man who is theoretically in charge of Koda, can't do either of these things, then I don't see why he should get to complain about his shitty work ethics (that right is reserved for us, who aren't capable of firing him), and more importantly, I don't see why some of you people would think that he's this changed man who just wants to make the best game possible, but the big meany KODA just won't let him.
I just can't take Bo's supposed change seriously until he finds a way of dealing with Koda, who's so obviously become a bottleneck in his game's development, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: olorex11
Jan 6, 2018
Guys I have a question,
Why doesn't Bo just release his work and then Koda polishes it?
Did they explain why they wait for Koda to polish every single update?

Apr 22, 2020
Guys I have a question,
Why doesn't Bo just release his work and then Koda polishes it?
Did they explain why they wait for Koda to polish every single update?
I don't know the reason why, but Bo Wei said he'd release the not-polished Jester nearly two months ago now if Koda didn't update, and then didn't release it.

I guess "Koda has released the Crow's chapter so it counts like an update" was the reasoning, but regardless it means the Jester update has existed in a playable form for months now and not even paying patreon supporters are allowed to see it.

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
RPGMAKER games from the past decade have multi enemy battles. Bo Wei needs to show why the fuck this system needs 2 MORE MONTHS of developement.
Judging by Koda’s even slower pace, we won’t be receiving any update this summer lmao
I don't really have an opinion to share on the larger discussion, but multi-enemy battles aren't the same between regular RPG Maker games and ToT. Each floor the battles are more detached in their coding because they wanted to do more flashy mechanics/effects without loading absurdly many images into the buffer, with Swan and Crow barely being battles at all. Those two also use their own breathe script which I personally think is a total waste of code but what do I know. Anyway, point is that 2 months is a really long time but also RPG Maker multi enemy battles don't really help

Billus

Nov 14, 2019
I hope that you or anyone doesn't meet a boss in a job like you.
Aside from what you say, Bo wei said time and time again koda is working and that he adds a lot to TOT. I somewhat agree on that he is bottlenecking though, but that is not reason to stop paying someone without prior notice lol. People have live expenses you know, and not because of a whim they should not be paid.
He is saying that either Koda should be paid more to motivate him or fired for not doing his work there is nothing weird about that any boss would fire someone if they were told to deliver something and then they gave it unfinished a year later

Reactions: nicknicola

nicknicola

Oct 26, 2017
He is saying that either Koda should be paid more to motivate him or fired for not doing his work there is nothing weird about that any boss would fire someone if they were told to deliver something and then they gave it unfinished a year later
Ok, my bad, I misunderstood. I though Gearless Joe was saying to stop paying Koda and that he worked for free.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
I though Gearless Joe was saying to stop paying Koda and that he worked for free.
I know this has been cleared up already, but wasn't it Sylph Phoenix who told us that Koda had told him that he was barely getting paid for his role in ToT? This would explain a couple of things, like why he tried to make his own Patreon that one time (boy, did that go well), and why he seems like he doesn't give a shit most of the time.
Sylph, care to comment?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: fanboi and Gigot
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes