RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

badwulf51

Jul 4, 2018
This is why I was worried about all the newbies coming out of nowhere. In time, they too shall learn where our anger comes from. Then a new wave of newbies come in and thus the delay cycle continues.

Reactions: bazelgeuse

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Here's my 2 cents: People need to stop being so mad at Koda, not because their anger isn't justified, but because it's been proven that it doesn't accomplish anything. It's okay to vent in here once in a while if you need to, but you'll need to lower your expectations at some point, and finally realize that nothing's gonna change anytime soon.
The people mad at the ones complaining need to have some empathy, and ask themselves what is it that's actually making them angry, since it's likely that they're just as bothered by the delays as everyone else.

And Koda-, I think that there's no point to you coming here to respond to every non-constructive piece of criticism that anyone throws at you. You won't accomplish anything either by doing so, especially since the people you're responding to probably see it as meandering, what with an update being overdue. I doubt you'd want my advice, but if I was in your situation and wanted better ways to calm the masses, I'd do these two things:
1) Be more transparent. Explain exactly why delays happen, tell people in detail what's the current situation impeding progress on F7. Even if you know that people will find what you have to say to be unsatisfying or disappointing, in the long run it'll always be much better than just ignoring these topics.
2) Overshoot the ETAs. Same as before, people may be upset at first when they see that a release date is a lot more distant than they imagined, but they'll be happier in the long run. Their expectations will be more in line with reality and you'll even have a chance to bring them content earlier than they expected in a surprise release, at which point they'll forget they were ever angry in the first place. Bo, intentionally or not, gave you the perfect opportunity to do this not so long ago, but you ended up not taking it.

Last edited:

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
Here's my 2 cents: People need to stop being so mad at Koda, not because their anger isn't justified, but because it's been proven that it doesn't accomplish anything. It's okay to vent in here once in a while if you need to, but you'll need to lower your expectations at some point, and finally realize that nothing's gonna change anytime soon.
The people mad at the ones complaining need to have some empathy, and ask themselves what is it that's actually making them angry, since it's likely that they're just as bothered by the delays as everyone else.

And Koda- you need to realize that there's no point to you coming here to respond to every non-constructive piece of criticism that anyone throws at you. You won't accomplish anything either by doing so, especially since the people you're responding to probably see it as meandering, with an update being overdue. You probably don't want my advice, but if I was in your situation and wanted better ways to calm the masses, I'd do these two things:
1) Be more transparent. Explain exactly why delays happen, tell people in detail what's the current situation impeding progress on F7. Even if you know that people will find what you have to say to be unsatisfying or disappointing, in the long run it'll always be much better than just ignoring these topics.
2) Overshoot the ETAs. Same as before, people may be upset at first when they see that a release date is a lot more distant than they imagined, but they'll be happier in the long run. Their expectations will be more in line with reality and you'll even have a chance to bring them content earlier than they expected in a surprise release, at which point they'll forget they were ever angry in the first place. Bo, intentionally or not, gave you the perfect opportunity to do this not so long ago, but you ended up not taking it.
Look at us, we really just trascended aren't we? Was checking some of mine and your posts before COVID-19 and we were really rabid, so so pissed, I insulted and called Koda names everytime I could and you made that delay record from all those still unreleased or unfinished projects (WG with no Heide, Ms Claus, F7 of course).
And now we are so battle scarred with years following the development of ToT and their work ethic that we just realized it's not worth it.
As I said before, would it be a nice surprise if something gets updated or released? Yes of course. Would it be worth the delays and attitude for more than one playtrough? Not for me, but is their project(s) and they can do whatever they want with them. Their choice. But after all that happened since Yvonne original expansion, ToT is no longer top in my book.
By the way, the side games/fast food games were supposed to be Bo only, while Koda was cleaning the backlog of updates from ToT. But that was long ago, things change, Euro 2020 was canceled.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GearlessJoe

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
I'm surprised people still believe Koda's guesstimates. I treat any Koda/Bo release as a pleasant surprise at this point, I'll anticipate its release and monitor its status but I'm not crossing any fingers to when its going to actually come out. I know I'm going to enjoy it when it's going to come out but while it isn't out yet I still have time to try out other games like MGD, props btw to the people in this thread that recommended it.

Apr 22, 2020
Wow that cliché, if you dont like it do it yourself, so mature haha.
Im tired of this game, to the point im not enjoying playing it anymore only for the infinite delays...
Its just sad how much potential goes to waste just cause nobody in their discord can admit that things are not going well.
Time to unwatch this thread i guess.
I think it was a reference to the fact Bo Wei literally said he kept Koda because Koda sometime had an A-grade idea and that Bo Wei prefered that to someone who constantly had B-grade ideas.

EDIT:

Personally what I don't get is that Bo Wei and Koda have demonstrated they had no issue releasing unfinished games... so why don't they do it for Level:0, since it was supposed to first be Demon Queen only, and then add the other demon ladies?

There would be less complain if *something* was released rather than "yeah we were finishing but we had one more idea so you're getting nothing until we've finished that", IMO.

Last edited:

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
Damn, things got really heated here

And Koda-, I think that there's no point to you coming here to respond to every non-constructive piece of criticism that anyone throws at you. You won't accomplish anything either by doing so, especially since the people you're responding to probably see it as meandering, what with an update being overdue. I doubt you'd want my advice, but if I was in your situation and wanted better ways to calm the masses, I'd do these two things:
though I agree with this 100%
I was a person who criticized Koda a lot for the delays, but the content they have delivered this year was really good in my opinion, and I think that this delay, of LVL:0, would have gotten a better reaction if those previous delays didn't happen. In my opinion LVL:0 could be the best content we have gotten since the whole TOT thing began

Reactions: Celice

TopBlade

Jan 7, 2018
Things will work out! It's a gut feeling but I do think we'll see a finish in ToT one day. Not sure if there will be 10, 15 or 20 floors (which I think was talked about awhile back?) but I think we'll see some sort of end nonetheless!

Shaolin-sama

Oct 9, 2019
I'd like to see the spring cleaning first because it would add more Karen stuff. Wasn't there meant to be a scene with the toilet in her room?

Leonelli

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2019
HEY GUYS!

There are some news about the fanmade game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Unfortunately, the fact that I don't have much time to go on with this project during the week has slowed me down a bit.
Anyway, everything seems to be going well for the moment.
and for being a fanmade game, I think that what I have done so far is much better than I expected.

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
HEY GUYS!

Unfortunately, the fact that I don't have much time to go on with this project during the week has slowed me down a bit.
and for being a fanmade game, I think that what I have done so far is much better than I expected.
How big will the town be? Some devs go ham on the map size cough Katalist cough and exploring it will be a bitch and a half.

Reactions: Gmaer

fellx

Mar 17, 2019
[QUOTE = "DiabloCadet, 게시 : 431715, 회원 : 292462"]
흠 ... 큰 엉덩이 태그를 좋아합니다 .... 지배와 굴욕에 대해 몰라 ...
젠장, 내가 시도해 볼게. ty Nam654
[/인용문]

Leonelli

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2019
How big will the town be? Some devs go ham on the map size cough Katalist cough and exploring it will be a bitch and a half.
the map of the starting village is not so big: there are 5 buildings at the moment (don't be scared they are close enough).
the inside of the buildings is not big, but most of the objects are interacting. (probably in some buildings there will be more rooms)
in other words, compared to katalist: there will be many interacting "things", but the game will not be so dispersive at all.

Reactions: Walk Cycle

Onyxzz

Jul 21, 2018
HEY GUYS!

I'm in for this, ETA? (no pun intended)

Holefiller

Jan 23, 2019
My two cents.
Folks who only care about 7F can always unsub until it releases. People who just want high-quality femdom hopefully stick around. People who like us generally but think I'm too slow are welcome to only sub on release months or whatever interval fits their tastes.
This is the logical capitalist approach, but it assumes that your customers are logical and clearly isn't guaranteed to net you the highest amount of income. Whether this is logical or not, people tend to get emotionally attached to the products they regularly buy. Customer loyalty is a thing, you know.

But, as you can see here, its also a double edged sword. If your customers feel like they're being betrayed on an emotional level by the brand that they purchase from then they'll stop paying for it. As this thread has demonstrated, the real pattern of behavior that your customers have demonstrated is that they sub to your patreon, realize that they aren't getting anything out it due to the delays, then go to F95zone to bitch about you and pirate new updates when they come out once in a blue moon. Sure, you still make money, but not nearly as much as you could be making.

If you proved yourself trustworthy by demonstrating some consistency, you would net a far larger income than what you currently have. I mean, look at the amount of money that furry-fetish games like Trials in Tainted Space pull in. The market for femdom is almost as big and you basically have a monopoly on it. If you managed to crank out an update every two months then you'd have customer loyalty and you'd probably be making over 50k a month on Patreon. As it is now, the only "customer loyalty" that you have is from normies who don't pay attention and don't know better.

Leonelli

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2019
I'm in for this, ETA? (no pun intended)
I don't really know when I'll be able to finish it yet, I only started three days ago.
I still have to start working on many characters, while to two others I still have to add some scenes and mechanics.
I also have to start the whole gameplay part related to combat, skills, objects.
But in these three days, besides creating the maps, I think I almost finished Cobra's room: I wrote some nice scenes, so maybe as soon as I finish it, I'll release a demo with just his room.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes