RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Leonelli

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2019
guys, Koda- is right. doing the scenes is not as easy as you think. it takes time.
so have a little patience, I think he's working hard... I hope

Reactions: Rosama

Pic

May 13, 2017
Copy-Paste from Discord:

Level: 0 Progress Report
Hi everyone: I wanted to give another update on Level:0 Progress. I think 2 weeks is a good interval for reports, so I'll try to keep to that. That said, my goal is to release Level:0 with/as the next progress report. This means the ETA of Level:0 is October 10.

The last two weeks I focused on Warden, Merchant, and further work on the endings pool. Endings tend to have intense play so it's difficult to write them one after another. Switching things up helps with this. Since some people asked: the endings are indeed all full, unique scenes -- some very complex (not snippets like Tiffany's Trap).

I was worried Warden might seem generic but she's developed very nicely (no, not just her melons). People who watched some of her writing on stream seemed to like her too! I saved Merchant for last because she has the most gameplay consequences (ie. interacting with her affects your ability to fight the Queen). Working on her also gave me some new consequence ideas for the others, so I added those.

Overall, I'm hoping the scene variety and mix of obvious and non-obvious consequences (and thus mix of story and gameplay) contributes to the same organic play I'm aiming for via the many endings.

To finish up, I'll first finish writing Merchant and the remaining endings, at which point I can implement the scenes (insert CG/SFX, etc.) and handle the RPGM side of things (thankfully much easier/faster since our methodology change with Swan/Jessica). I'll try to stream some more on that stage so viewers can finally see a bit of the game itself, rather than just me typing in VS Code.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to finish this month, so thanks to everyone for your patience.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
===
Summary
Recent work:
- Completed core scenes for Warden
- Progress on Merchant
- New scenes for gameplay/story consequences
- Further work on additional endings

Todo:
- Finish remaining Merchant content
- Finish remaining endings
- Finish misc/minor scenes
- Scene formatting/implementation
- System/balance/polish/playtest/etc.
- ETA October 10

Last edited:

maogen12

Feb 26, 2018
He gave a solid date AGAIN.
I mean if it does come out in Oct. 10 then more power to Koda. But that's just setting up people to disappointment if the ETA is missed again.
Well, at least this time we have something more concrete than just "mid-September". Here's to hoping people!

BobSamade

Jul 11, 2019
Well, at least this time we have something more concrete than just "mid-September". Here's to hoping people!
Don't bother hoping. Just ignore it. If it comes out on 10 October, it'll be a pleasant surprise. If it doesn't, you won't have set yourself up for any disappointment.

Kind of bewildering people actually pay any attention to release dates from him any more.

Reactions: HassanKia

FirionKaiser

Sep 24, 2017
He gave a solid date AGAIN.
I mean if it does come out in Oct. 10 then more power to Koda. But that's just setting up people to disappointment if the ETA is missed again.
Well thats why he also said ETA since that means his estimate/aim date is October 10th so in way he isn't deliberately saying it's for October 10 but that's his aim goal.

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
Copy-Paste from Discord:

Level: 0 Progress Report
Hi everyone: I wanted to give another update on Level:0 Progress. I think 2 weeks is a good interval for reports, so I'll try to keep to that. That said, my goal is to release Level:0 with/as the next progress report. This means the ETA of Level:0 is October 10.

The last two weeks I focused on Warden, Merchant, and further work on the endings pool. Endings tend to have intense play so it's difficult to write them one after another. Switching things up helps with this. Since some people asked: the endings are indeed all full, unique scenes -- some very complex (not snippets like Tiffany's Trap).

I was worried Warden might seem generic but she's developed very nicely (no, not just her melons). People who watched some of her writing on stream seemed to like her too! I saved Merchant for last because she has the most gameplay consequences (ie. interacting with her affects your ability to fight the Queen). Working on her also gave me some new consequence ideas for the others, so I added those.

Overall, I'm hoping the scene variety and mix of obvious and non-obvious consequences (and thus mix of story and gameplay) contributes to the same organic play I'm aiming for via the many endings.

To finish up, I'll first finish writing Merchant and the remaining endings, at which point I can implement the scenes (insert CG/SFX, etc.) and handle the RPGM side of things (thankfully much easier/faster since our methodology change with Swan/Jessica). I'll try to stream some more on that stage so viewers can finally see a bit of the game itself, rather than just me typing in VS Code.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to finish this month, so thanks to everyone for your patience.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
===
Summary
Recent work:
- Completed core scenes for Warden
- Progress on Merchant
- New scenes for gameplay/story consequences
- Further work on additional endings

Todo:
- Finish remaining Merchant content
- Finish remaining endings
- Finish misc/minor scenes
- Scene formatting/implementation
- System/balance/polish/playtest/etc.
- ETA October 10
On one hand, this game is turning out to be W I C K E D! but on the other... that is a whole month since the game was supposed to be released.

Reactions: Big_Daddy_H

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
Well thats why he also said ETA since that means his estimate/aim date is October 10th so in way he isn't deliberately saying it's for October 10 but that's his aim goal.
Most of his ETA's are way off though. He'll say X date then once X date arrives it'll be "I'm not satisfied with it yet so I'll be adding more features so expect it at Y date" Then god willing it actually arrives in Y date, sometimes it'll be Y date+ where it'll arrive a day or two after Y date. Again, I usually love the things Koda adds in these mini games but when I used to see these dates I felt like a dog chasing a ball that wasn't actually thrown. Now I just think It'll come out when it does.

There's a sliver of hope in me though, a tiny sliver. When we'll see these ETA's hit the right mark consecutively in the future and Koda/Bo will actually start following the schedules they set.

YugataKisu

May 5, 2019
So we got 3 or 4 games (don't remember don't care much about filler games) because 7F takes so long? Just make 7F on god I don't understand why a 2man Team is doing multiple side projects instead of just getting Kaori done it's been what? 2 Years? And there are seriously people that support their decision to just put ToT on pause for some BS filler episodes imagine if DrPinkcake takes a 2 year break from being a dik and instead does 4 filler games lmao ToT's fandom deserves Bo and Koda since y'all swallow whatever they throw at you (99.99% WG, countless delays, 7F in a limbo) shittalking koda nonstop but when he shows up everyone is suddendly super friendly and understanding? sus

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020
So we got 3 or 4 games (don't remember don't care much about filler games) because 7F takes so long? Just make 7F on god I don't understand why a 2man Team is doing multiple side projects instead of just getting Kaori done it's been what? 2 Years? And there are seriously people that support their decision to just put ToT on pause for some BS filler episodes imagine if DrPinkcake takes a 2 year break from being a dik and instead does 4 filler games lmao ToT's fandom deserves Bo and Koda since y'all swallow whatever they throw at you (99.99% WG, countless delays, 7F in a limbo) shittalking koda nonstop but when he shows up everyone is suddendly super friendly and understanding? sus
This! Thank you!

Pipo12334

Dec 29, 2018
yeah everyone becomes friendly and supports him, some even stopped asking for eta or criticise him when he appears.

ForcedAccount

Aug 6, 2016
I've long since given up hope that they'll ever finish 7F, let alone finishing the actual game. I can't remember how many floors Bo initially planned on adding, 20 something I think. Objectively speaking, at the rate they're currently going, finishing the entire game at that scale would take a minimum of 25 to 30 years.
Considering that, the comparatively short and simple filler games are and will probably be the only worthwhile things to come out of this project.

Reactions: Big_Daddy_H
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes