RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

tjones1137

Jan 31, 2019
WAIT HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE THIS IS A PHOTOSHOP RIGHT? COS WHEN I POSTED THE "oh no lads another delay" MESSAGE I WAS TAKING THE PISS AND TROLLING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAGA HOLLY FUCK YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP HAHAHA
Maybe if you say the update would be early it'd come sooner? You could be the one who delivers us from the darkness

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
"I used to think that these delays were a tragedy, but now I realise, they're a comedy."
"We live in a society"
But man, doesn't this reeks of a last minute half made, almost finished, bugged trademarked Koda move? As I said before, this game will be released with missing content/features because of time pressure and a misplaced sense of "not letting down the community anymore!" from Koda, thus having a "plus", a V.1.1 or some upgraded form of initial release that will consume even more development time. But hey this counts as Floor 14th am I right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the main feature of this side project/fast food/while we work in the "MAIN GAME" is that it has VA, so if he just finished writing, does that mean that not all dialogues are voiced? Or the VA still has to record dialogues?

Reactions: Furabia

Narak8813

Nov 16, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong but the main feature of this side project/fast food/while we work in the "MAIN GAME" is that it has VA, so if he just finished writing, does that mean that not all dialogues are voiced? Or the VA still has to record dialogues?
As far i'm aware the only voiced is the queen the rest of the gang is only text.
I remember once koda talked about calling the va back to record some new lines for the queen (line added by koda for some ending and other stuff).
So the queen "should" be finished.
Unless in the end they really decided to call her back and record these new lines.

Last edited:

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
As far i'm aware the only voiced is the queen the rest of the gang is only text.
I remember once koda talked about calling the va back to record some new lines for the queen (line added by koda for some ending and other stuff).
So the queen "should" be finished.
Unless in the end they really decided to call her back and record these new lines.
Oh ok, don't know why I thought that all of them were voiced. Still that "should" and new lines are another feature creep. But well he has to do everything in his power to keep pushing "working" again on F7 (now F15 counting every little drop of content since January 2019) while Bo finishes Swan pt 3 and shifts to that project.
In a more important note, we learned today that badwulf51 has a monkey paw and it can bend reality. Spooktober indeed.

Reactions: Narak8813

tornasunder

Jun 13, 2017
After revisiting the now six delay announcements we've gotten (so far) over the course of almost two months since the Level: 0 "mini-game" was officially announced back in August 14th, the issue with Koda that I'm noticing, minus his obvious procrastination, is that he just doesn't know how to properly delay his games and progress. Instead of making a definitive statement on the release date of the entire game, he simply needs to say "I hope to have the writing finished by the 17th of October and then I'll be able to move onto RPGMaker, coding, etc." While I think people are still going to be annoyed or will have already prepared their memes for the next inevitable delay, because it's been two months of just writing so far, it's at least less misleading and more professional which you think would be a reputation he would want as a developer and writer, although perhaps it's too late now. He needs to stop assuming that he can finish everything else that remains within two weeks when it's already taken more than that just to write dialogue. The RPGMaker part that still needs finishing is probably going to cause more delays as well, surely. It'd be a miracle to get this mini-game before Halloween Christmas with Koda's pattern of overestimating his ability. The dude needs to get a prescription for Adderall or something because he clearly cannot focus or concentrate.

Why Bo-Wei continues to partner himself with Koda after months (years?) of constant delays instead of simply just finding somebody much more productive and reliable, is beyond me. Koda's work ethic also affects Bo-Wei. There's people who are still paying a monthly subscription for their products so either they don't care and are just taking advantage of the situation together or somebody is preventing frequent updates that shouldn't take 2+ months for what is basically only 10 minutes of gameplay if we look at some of the more recent updates to ToT. Some lone developers are updating their games at a consistent rate, with more gameplay, while also receiving less funding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_Daddy_H

fouyaya1

Nov 12, 2018
Why Bo-Wei continues to partner himself with Koda after months (years?) of constant delays instead of simply just finding somebody much more productive and reliable, is beyond me. Koda's work ethic also affects Bo-Wei. There's people who are still paying a monthly subscription for their products so either they don't care and are just taking advantage of the situation together or somebody is preventing frequent updates that shouldn't take 2+ months for what is basically only 10 minutes of gameplay if we look at some of the more recent updates to ToT. Some lone developers are updating their games at a consistent rate, with more gameplay, while also receiving less funding.
1) You pay a monthly subscription on patreon to support an artist not to buy a product ("Patreon helps artists build deeper connections with their communities. Joining your favorite artist on Patreon gives you access to exclusive content, a deeper connection with the artist and their community, and the pride of fueling work that matters to you.")
2) 10 min of gameplay? seriously? there are hours of gameplay on the crow/jester update (trying to defeat them, get all the events/interactions possible -there's a lot of them-)
3) I suspect one of the reason why bo wei keeps koda after all his shenanigans is because koda only gets a small share of bo wei's patreon money. (other reason is he delivers quality work)

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
The fact that he's got no pants kinda terrifies me
I think he has pants because he still has his boots on. What's the color of his pants again? I never really paid attention to that.
Disregard, his pants are olive green. I thought he's just wearing really pale khakis since he still has footwear.

Reactions: Big_Daddy_H
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes