VN Ren'Py Abandoned Town Affairs [v0.3.2 Bugfix] [Narz]

1.30 star(s) 7 Votes

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
Absolutely horrible navigation, you have to wander aimlessly around the screen with the pointer looking for things that show a weird triangle, that also doesn't really tell you where you're going or what you're doing. I found myself going back and forth between two rooms until I realized that the navigation is such utter shit you can't even make sense of the houses.

Everything is also rendered like shit. It's like plastic lawns, plastic houses, plastic everything.

The only thing I like about it are the exaggeratedly curvy women. Except there were literally just a clothed picture of each and nothing more. This isn't even an alpha, it's a random bit of renders tied together with the shittiest navigation system ever devised (it takes real talent to make something that bad - I mean, what's wrong with just making doors clickable so they take you from room to room?). I'm so sorry I deviated from my "don't try out 0.1's" policy for this one. That's 15 minutes I'll never get back.

Jackbite

Jan 2, 2018
Looks good But the navigation Is Poor If this game becomes playable The Dev Really ought to come up with a better one, As this one will irritate Everyone! other than that i like the models he's using!!!

Reactions: groove888

Devils69

Sep 20, 2017
For me one of the most promising games this year. Outstanding mechanics and great renders

*sarcasm off*
No , see it the same like the most people here. Terrible navigation, bad renders, in my eyes not worth the download in this state

d1gimon

Jun 21, 2018
What the fuck is this! Why are people releasing this type of bullshit with no idea whatsoever what they are doing?

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
"game" should be listed as a simple exploratory demo as it does not "game" yet..will be awhile before this is worth trying again.

skyboi81

Jun 13, 2018
Navigation is really akward, content wise closed to zero. I could however appreciate the chubbier, curvy figures. Wish I could see more from these bodies in the scene.

Reactions: fanboi
Nov 16, 2017
I would be more interested in this if the navigation wasn't so bad. If you want us to enter a door, make the whole door clickable.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
1. Fix the navigation
2. Create at least one interactive scene
3. Expand it to a "day in the life" level of runthrough, then set up the plot/premise

Better to fix nav and flesh out a limited number of starting locations and characters, than to do a super-passive "tour" of the setting with basically nothing to do.

Darkblue006

May 17, 2017
oh lol I went in and talked to mom and then went out and saw to be continued I was like what one dialog? .. v0.2?

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
Do not at all bother wasting any bandwidth downloading this v0.2 version. Seriously.

Until and unless the dev completely remakes how the navigation works in this game (and maybe works to make the incredibly boring plastic background renders less so) this "game" is not remotely worth looking at. That was among the most boring 15 minutes of wandering around empty places with no goal, no purpose, no one to interact with... and I know I am missing something, but it's not remotely worth figuring it out yet. For instance you go to school and there is no one there. You go to the neighbors house, an attractive girl named Olivia... she opens the door, lets you in... then disappears. No interaction, you just wander around trying to locate the navigation hotspots in a seemingly empty house with no idea where the girl has gone. Character renders are literally the only redeeming quality of this game... but not nearly redeeming enough to get past the flaws. Maybe in a few versions this will become playable, but it is not remotely so at the moment and really the dev did themselves a huge disservice releasing it in this condition.

Vertigob

Feb 1, 2018
seems alright so far but navigating through the area is annoying. have to look for that little notch in every frame... gets to the point were i just say f' it and play something else

arelor

Oct 6, 2017
The tought in the game is really interesting and good but the game itself isn't. This game needs a huge improvement starting with renders and after that the navigation. BTW it would be nice to name the MC.

1.30 star(s) 7 Votes