3.60 star(s) 54 Votes

Kyranite

Jul 9, 2019
Good lord the grind is unbearable. Golden tracker with the bar colored deep red and it still takes ages. Someone seriously needs to tell the devs to knock it off.
Set Nel to work, grab a beer.. or a coffee... whichever you prefer...
But yes, this isn't Final Fantasy, the grind could do with being toned down a bit (or animations for the other characters to make it worthwhile)

May 25, 2017
Good lord the grind is unbearable. Golden tracker with the bar colored deep red and it still takes ages. Someone seriously needs to tell the devs to knock it off.
Nel is invaluable in that regard. She'll also auto-progress dialogue and use energy potions now, so you can just do literally anything else while she does the work for you in the background.

Reactions: Jimthesim

Swisher223

Oct 20, 2019
I hope for a day where there will be enough meaningful content in the game for the dev to be able to cut the grind at least 2/3 so we get to play a turn based rpg game instead of a idle one.
I really wonder if his patrons have given him feedback. I really don't know who enjoys this level of grind.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
I got back into this game after missing a few updates and losing my savefile, so I thought it'd be a nice time to try out the new player experience. I noticed there's a new "Exp Meter Plus" skill which should help reduce the grind. Nice. There's also a "SP Meter Plus" skill, though it's quicker to just turn off monster sex and fight two battles. I think it'd be nice if the Treasure Finder also got improved so you didn't have to keep grinding long after it was fully charged to get the trinkets you needed for new clothes (dress-up is my favorite part). Maybe somebody could make a mod.
Wait... maybe I could make a mod? I hear Python is designed to be readable and I'm familiar with basic programming concepts...

So I made a mod! It's main function was to increase the spawn rate of rare treasure chests, which I accomplished by reducing the base chance for common treasures by 55%, thereby making the Treasure Finder more effective. I like where it is so far, but I've only gotten as far as partying with Evie so more fine-tuning may be required. And since I already had the hood off, I decided to see if I could figure out a way to let Celica run around in her underwear.
I did.
Naked too, though she covers up instead of standing proud.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'll make a thread once we get a line on the most up-to-date version (0.63.13) or when I get around to adjusting the mod for the current free version. I have good documentation (like an actual programmer!) so the mod should be easy to reflect forwards or backwards. There's some other stuff I want to try out, but I should probably reach end-of-content first.

Also, there might be some bugs? I didn't encounter any yet aside from crash-on-startup bugs I fixed, but I had zero XP in Python and Renpy (and Photoshop) a week ago.

Edit: This mod is out-of-date! Get the new, improved version from the mod's thread.

Last edited:

broforrealtho

Mar 26, 2020
I got back into this game after missing a few updates and losing my savefile, so I thought it'd be a nice time to try out the new player experience. I noticed there's a new "Exp Meter Plus" skill which should help reduce the grind. Nice. There's also a "SP Meter Plus" skill, though it's quicker to just turn off monster sex and fight two battles. I think it'd be nice if the Treasure Finder also got improved so you didn't have to keep grinding long after it was fully charged to get the trinkets you needed for new clothes (dress-up is my favorite part). Maybe somebody could make a mod.
Wait... maybe I could make a mod? I hear Python is designed to be readable and I'm familiar with basic programming concepts...

So I made a mod! It's main function was to increase the spawn rate of rare treasure chests, which I accomplished by reducing the base chance for common treasures by 55%, thereby making the Treasure Finder more effective. I like where it is so far, but I've only gotten as far as partying with Evie so more fine-tuning may be required. And since I already had the hood off, I decided to see if I could figure out a way to let Celica run around in her underwear.
I did.
Naked too, though she covers up instead of standing proud.
Get it here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'll make a thread once we get a line on the most up-to-date version (0.63.13) or when I get around to adjusting the mod for the current free version. I have good documentation (like an actual programmer!) so the mod should be easy to reflect forwards or backwards. There's some other stuff I want to try out, but I should probably reach end-of-content first.

Also, there might be some bugs? I didn't encounter any yet aside from crash-on-startup bugs I fixed, but I had zero XP in Python and Renpy (and Photoshop) a week ago.
I've been using this for like an hour or so, but the only difference I've noticed so far is that instead of being bombarded with common treasures, I'm being bombarded with enemy encounters instead (which might be taking even more time actually).

I don't know python but, perhaps it would be better to leave the common treasure drops as-is and instead bump up the effectiveness of the tracker itself, if that's even possible. Basically ensuring silver and gold drops when it's at 100%. (and perhaps not emptying the bar once you find a rare treasure, allowing you to keep the ball rolling, much like how the XP bar works)

Just spitballing though, I don't know how the game works behind the scenes.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
I've been using this for like an hour or so, but the only difference I've noticed so far is that instead of being bombarded with common treasures, I'm being bombarded with enemy encounters instead (which might be taking even more time actually).
I think you're just having bad rng; I've been able to explore more areas and have been getting one rare chest per expedition without using energy potions (which is about what I was aiming for).
The way treasures work in this game is that when you would get a treasure box, a list is generated based on your treasure probabilites and the rarity of treasure is selected from the list:
rarity_prob_list = [
("common", (4500 - silver_prob - gold_prob) ),
("silver", (silver_prob) ),
("gold", (gold_prob) )
]
so by reducing the base chance for common then the chance for gold and silver go up since the list is shorter. Which exact treasure you get is then decided by randomly choosing from another list since treasures don't have equal weight.

Maybe you can change item stats? Maybe you can bring back cursed effects on Nel?
I probably could. A quick glance shows that the "except Nel" code isn't attached to the items themselves or the cursed property so I'd have to dig around a bit. I haven't gotten to cursed items yet, so it'll be a while.

minis91

Nov 2, 2017
How do i progress relation with pirate capt. after she posseses Galiene ? Tried winnin/lossing/givving up. Relation always at 0.1. (5/11 events.)

Additionally maybe any hints how to get last 2 Nel's events ? Currently 16/18. Have completed all available storyline.

3.60 star(s) 54 Votes