bobsen

Jul 21, 2017
You're being *very* optimistic there with how the development of this game the last 3-6 updates have been going. There's already been several art and content shortcuts and core changes to how the games been updated and the progression to said updates, like replacing art with pixel-art (that was made for free, and isn't even something people particularly wanted or cared for) and severely under utilizing the concept of Echo Scenes/content, which ironically were supposed to be used to flesh out /side/ and replayable content, not for main content. I think we're even on artist number 3, and the original artist (the one whose art we all most likely fell in love with) doesn't even really work on the game anymore iirc, and the replacements just aren't as good from an anatomical, stylistic and perspective standpoint.

It just smells sour that the final scene of the passion arc (that had a lot of buildup both story-wise and from the large period of waiting for an update) uses an echo from a non-canon bonus spring holiday update, and not its own unique animation and artwork; they didn't even fix or change the hands in the final scene. She's leaning on air where the tree used to be. They didn't even make a quick crappy pillar as a replacement.

I'm just glad that Zombie's Retreat is being treated a bit better, and has consistent art (which is also a bit cookie cutter and samey, but that's kinda part of Scarlett Ann's charm..kinda) but it damn well better be, Siren is making nearly 10 grand before taxes a month from these two games, and there's not even that much art to commission per update. I just think that Siren is stretching too thin with all the games that they have to juggle and manage, even if they can only get out a little bit every 2-3 months for each game.

/essay over/
Right on the money. It's a damn shame too, this was my favourite. I guess greed is to blame.

Reactions: Count_Chocula

RSR2000

Jan 10, 2019
two things.

1) does anyone know where the carrot charm is? been looking for it for a while but I couldn't seen to find it.
You get the carrot charm in the Sakura Forest(Spring Event). Change the orb to crimson and go east,south,west,south. You need an upgraded gauntlet to move the boulder. In case you didn't already know, you can upgrade the gauntlet and the shovel at the Fairy Fountain, which you get to by breaking the weak wall near the Library.

Last edited:

RSR2000

Jan 10, 2019
Lol // How to start that Summer Event ???
After you get the dive ability, go to the little pool south-west from the town fountain. There's a whirlpool there that takes you to an area with the chest that contains the shell charm. Use that and 15 goddess coins to craft the summer resort page.

Last edited:
Reactions: gokoku33

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
So I found a PDF of the walkthru that's better than the one shown here. I am having trouble figuring out how to do Haru's Temple of Pleasure. I need a correct step by step guide that uses either very precise language or pictures indicating which order what buttons and levers are pressed, and how to get Haru and MC to pull a lever at the same time.

EDIT: Or a video?

Last edited:

MrHanni

Feb 19, 2019
So I found a PDF of the walkthru that's better than the one shown here. I am having trouble figuring out how to do Haru's Temple of Pleasure. I need a correct step by step guide that uses either very precise language or pictures indicating which order what buttons and levers are pressed, and how to get Haru and MC to pull a lever at the same time.

EDIT: Or a video?
Have you checked the guide on Sirens patreon page? It's very detailed.

Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017

Town of Passion - Beta 1.6 First Look!
Hey everyone!
I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season! In Valencia, there's quite a bit of celebrating going on ;)
Here's a look at the next major update to Town of Passion - Beta 1.6

== What's New ==
The focus of this build will be on a new winter-based Book of Tales event. With this, there will be a story for each season which was my goal for the Book of Tales. There is still a potential small 5th chapter that may happen near the end of the game but that's dependent on time.
In this update, there will be new costumes based on various holidays. The Book of Tales event will involve both Rose & Mary. However, since I know not everyone is excited to see new content for these characters, I'm also adding in an extra costume/scene for another character. That's been teased on my twitter account.
In addition, I'm working on adding a few other general scenes just to add more content inside Valencia. I'll discuss this a bit more in the next section.

== Extra Hands ==
Unfortunately, ToP's in a rough spot where most artists either do not wish to or cannot work on the project anymore. The lead artist is also pretty busy and can't seem to work at the usual pace. So I'm looking to add some extra hands to complete more art.
Right now, I'm adding in some extra help to work on new costumes. SpruceMoose will be helping out again as he is typically available in a 'seasonal' schedule. We're going to be working on some scenes too so hopefully that helps get the art flowing at a faster pace again.
I'm still also keeping my eyes peeled for other artists who may be able to help out. If you know artists who are looking for commissioned work and have a style very similar to ToP's look, definitely let them or myself know!
Since I plan to finish ToP in 2020, I want to kick the art into overdrive to really try and make sure I don't feel like I missed anything that I wanted to add. I ask for your patience, however, as I'm also trying to find & recruit additional help at the same time as working on the game itself.

== Release Date ==
Originally, I was hoping to have this done by Christmas. However, I want to add a suficient amount of content to this update as it will likely be the last holiday themed update in ToP. Because of this, the range of the release is either December or January. I will let you all know as things progress and I have a more clear timeline.
======
That's about everything for this update! I will continue sharing some holiday teasers as we get closer to the release. Thank you all for your support and I will see you soon! =D

bobsen

Jul 21, 2017

Town of Passion - Beta 1.6 First Look!
Hey everyone!
I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season! In Valencia, there's quite a bit of celebrating going on ;)
Here's a look at the next major update to Town of Passion - Beta 1.6

== What's New ==
The focus of this build will be on a new winter-based Book of Tales event. With this, there will be a story for each season which was my goal for the Book of Tales. There is still a potential small 5th chapter that may happen near the end of the game but that's dependent on time.
In this update, there will be new costumes based on various holidays. The Book of Tales event will involve both Rose & Mary. However, since I know not everyone is excited to see new content for these characters, I'm also adding in an extra costume/scene for another character. That's been teased on my twitter account.
In addition, I'm working on adding a few other general scenes just to add more content inside Valencia. I'll discuss this a bit more in the next section.

== Extra Hands ==
Unfortunately, ToP's in a rough spot where most artists either do not wish to or cannot work on the project anymore. The lead artist is also pretty busy and can't seem to work at the usual pace. So I'm looking to add some extra hands to complete more art.
Right now, I'm adding in some extra help to work on new costumes. SpruceMoose will be helping out again as he is typically available in a 'seasonal' schedule. We're going to be working on some scenes too so hopefully that helps get the art flowing at a faster pace again.
I'm still also keeping my eyes peeled for other artists who may be able to help out. If you know artists who are looking for commissioned work and have a style very similar to ToP's look, definitely let them or myself know!
Since I plan to finish ToP in 2020, I want to kick the art into overdrive to really try and make sure I don't feel like I missed anything that I wanted to add. I ask for your patience, however, as I'm also trying to find & recruit additional help at the same time as working on the game itself.

== Release Date ==
Originally, I was hoping to have this done by Christmas. However, I want to add a suficient amount of content to this update as it will likely be the last holiday themed update in ToP. Because of this, the range of the release is either December or January. I will let you all know as things progress and I have a more clear timeline.
======
That's about everything for this update! I will continue sharing some holiday teasers as we get closer to the release. Thank you all for your support and I will see you soon! =D
Man, I would much rather the game be delayed till a proper artist can be found. The new artist cant match the style or characters (or anatomy) at all. Sad.

anwar

Mar 4, 2018
How to lift the first spell during the first mission provided by the mermaid queen? I followed the instructions provided (right right up right right down down down left slice) and nothing happened what to do?

4.30 star(s) 81 Votes