Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

Progress Report - Town of Passion Release & Sexy Quest

Hey everyone!

Simple update today but I wanted to clarify the release window a bit to make sure everyone knows when to expect the next update!

== Town of Passion Release ==

ToP v1.1's artwork is just about fully complete. All I need to do now is put it all together and make additional changes/improvements to the game before I try and seal it and wrap the bow on top since this is the last major planned update for Town of Passion.

It's too soon to say, and I'm working on really stopping the habit of announcing release dates far too soon when I don't have an accurate idea of when I can actually release new content. I'm hoping to have this update out in two to three weeks.

It WILL release this month. Nothing in the build is tricky enough to warrant a long delay. As things get closer, and as the update gets completed, I'll be able to share a much more accurate release date!

== Sexy Quest ==

With the final planned update for ToP coming soon, the transition to Sexy Quest content will start up this month as well! Expect the first update for that in about 2/3 months time as I still need to get the basics of the game started.

I'm hoping to release the game in 'chapters' so most updates should add another chapter to the story (hopefully). Some chapters, I imagine, may take longer. This first update will focus on the prologue and all of the art is complete. But, I need to spend time learning the combat systems and making sure the actual game looks and plays well. In the meantime, the artist is still working on new characters and new scenes to get a solid head start as art for SQ will take a little longer than Town of Passion.

=======

That's everything for this update! I will see you soon, likely with a much more accurate release date for the next Town of Passion update!

Thank you all so much for your support! =D

primerib1

Jul 8, 2020
I am a bit confused ... first post says the latest is v1.0.1, but in the changelog -- and in some posts -- there are mentions of v2.x.y ... sooo which one to get??

Jul 28, 2018
I am a bit confused ... first post says the latest is v1.0.1, but in the changelog -- and in some posts -- there are mentions of v2.x.y ... sooo which one to get??
The current one, or wait a bit for the upcoming (and likely final) release. (They reset the version numbering between Beta and Release versions.)

Last edited:

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

Theme Swap.png

Custom Themes || + Release Date News!

Hey everyone!

Today I'm excited to share a feature that really helps wrap up that 'complete' feeling that I want Town of Passion to have.

== Custom Themes ==

One of my favorite things to do alongside updates of Town of Passion was to change the main menu screen to match whichever character has the 'spotlight' with that new update. It's a tradition that I've carried on with my other games as well.

If you follow one of my other games, Zombie's Retreat, you may already be familiar with this feature but I'm adding the ability to choose which menu theme you want to see when you load in!

In addition, during quests, interacting with various characters will change your theme (I plan to add the ability to stop this if you'd rather keep a specific theme).

Zombie's Retreat didn't have too many custom themes, however. In Town of Passion, there are over FIFTY menu themes to choose from... I'm not done yet either, the number may hit 60+ X_X

This is one of those features- in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal but for me, it really helps signify that Town of Passion is indeed coming to a close and I know there are many out there who are big fans of particular characters...

I hope this is a feature that some of you may enjoy!

== Release Date ==

It'll still release some time this month, don't worry! However, this custom theme feature has taken significantly longer than anticipated. (Originally, there were only going to be about 20'ish themes maximum....)

I'd love to have v1.1 out to $5+ ToP patrons by this Friday but if that isn't feasible, I will push it back to Thurs/Fri June 24th/25th. These dates seem much more reasonable given the stuff I still want to mop up with this update. I'll have a definitive answer by the middle of this week and will likely mention it here and/or on Twitter.

=====

That's everything for this update! The next one will very likely be the actual update itself. Thank you all so much for your support and I will see you all soon!

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes