2.20 star(s) 114 Votes

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
While TP The Class Next Door isn't the absolute worst game here, I remember a VN with stick figures, for example, and there is even one with characters that look like dots, it has no characteristics that make a halfway decent VN.

1) Story: There is no apparent story. No conflict. Nothing worthwhile or interesting ever happens.

2) Character development: None. Other than the daughter, though she barely has any personality, all other characters act exactly the same as each other, with the same dialog. If you swapped their models and names with each other, nobody would notice. Also, each character seems the same as the first day you see them.

3) Dialog: Honestly, the worst dialog I have ever seen in a VN. I am immune to bad English, honestly it doesn't bother me. If the dialog is somewhat interesting, I just read along and can tell what the dev is trying to say. But, this game has the most pointless inane dialog I have ever seen out of hundreds of games here.

4) Sexy scenes: I mostly play for story and character development, with sex scenes a nice bonus. Lacking 1, 2, and 3, above, some VNs make up for a weak story and poor character development, by just throwing lots of sexy content in their VN to keep some players interested. Here there is none. Unless you count dream sequences, which I do not. If it doesn't happen in the actual story, it doesn't happen. Dream sequences are an insult to the player.

5) Models/Renders. Ok, they are not terrible, but they are somewhat grainy at times, and look like something that was low quality about 3 or 4 years ago. They would not look out of place compared to what we all saw a few DAZ generations ago, but do not compare to any of the better developed games here. Overall, the renders are very low effort. You can tell the dev really does not care. The lighting is completely flat, and none of the characters have realistic or high quality skin textures. The backgrounds are also very basic and bland, and you have seen them in many VNs already. The best I can say is the students and most of the teachers are cute, but that the models are seriously dated.

6) Developer attitude: Haha. Some middle-of-the road games can carry on because the dev seems a cool person, and likes to interact with the community. The fans see it as a learning experience for the dev and want him to succeed, and though such a dev's game is pretty rough, it still has some quirky appeal. But we get the opposite here. The dev is prickly, is antagonistic to his fans, including his subscribers which is surprising to say the least, has been thread banned here at times for manipulating reviews and comments, and seems an all around unpleasant person, at least publicly. I won't even get into the politics he keeps interjecting into his VN, since you all know what I mean. It is so ridiculous and transparent, I have to laugh whenever it happens. I guess if you want to know what a hard-core MAGA game developer looks like, look at 9th Crux. Dressing all your characters in blue lives matter pajamas? Wow.

So, what am I missing for those that actually like this game? For the first few updates, while the setup is completely derivative and cookie-cutter, it looked like it might actually be a decent copy of better VNs. But nothing ever happens, and the bad dialog and lack of story or character development, just becomes more and more obvious after every update. By update 3 or 4, everything has just stagnated.

It looked like it might have potential by the first few updates, but the dev basically has given up on making the VN even half-way decent. I would call TP The Class Next Door what happens when a dev truly does not care, at all.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
While TP The Class Next Door isn't the absolute worst game here, I remember a VN with stick figures, for example, and there is even one with characters that look like dots, it has no characteristics that make a halfway decent VN.

1) Story: There is no apparent story. No conflict. Nothing worthwhile or interesting ever happens.

2) Character development: None. Other than the daughter, though she barely has any personality, all other characters act exactly the same as each other, with the same dialog. If you swapped their models and names with each other, nobody would notice. Also, each character seems the same as the first day you see them.

3) Dialog: Honestly, the worst dialog I have ever seen in a VN. I am immune to bad English, honestly it doesn't bother me. If the dialog is somewhat interesting, I just read along and can tell what the dev is trying to say. But, this game has the most pointless inane dialog I have ever seen out of hundreds of games here.

4) Sexy scenes: I mostly play for story and character development, with sex scenes a nice bonus. Lacking 1, 2, and 3, above, some VNs make up for a weak story and poor character development, by just throwing lots of sexy content in their VN to keep some players interested. Here there is none. Unless you count dream sequences, which I do not. If it doesn't happen in the actual story, it doesn't happen. Dream sequences are an insult to the player.

5) Models/Renders. Ok, they are not terrible, but they are somewhat grainy at times, and look like something that was low quality about 3 or 4 years ago. They would not look out of place compared to what we all saw a few DAZ generations ago, but do not compare to any of the better developed games here. Overall, the renders are very low effort. You can tell the dev really does not care. The lighting is completely flat, and none of the characters have realistic or high quality skin textures. The backgrounds are also very basic and bland, and you have seen them in many VNs already. The best I can say is the students and most of the teachers are cute, but that the models are seriously dated.

6) Developer attitude: Haha. Some middle-of-the road games can carry on because the dev seems a cool person, and likes to interact with the community. The fans see it as a learning experience for the dev and want him to succeed, and though such a dev's game is pretty rough, it still has some quirky appeal. But we get the opposite here. The dev is prickly, is antagonistic to his fans, including his subscribers which is surprising to say the least, has been thread banned here at times for manipulating reviews and comments, and seems an all around unpleasant person, at least publicly. I won't even get into the politics he keeps interjecting into his VN, since you all know what I mean. It is so ridiculous and transparent, I have to laugh whenever it happens. I guess if you want to know what a hard-core MAGA game developer looks like, look at 9th Crux. Dressing all your characters in blue lives matter pajamas? Wow.

So, what am I missing for those that actually like this game? For the first few updates, while the setup is completely derivative and cookie-cutter, it looked like it might actually be a decent copy of better VNs. But nothing ever happens, and the bad dialog and lack of story or character development, just becomes more and more obvious after every update. By update 3 or 4, everything has just stagnated.

It looked like it might have potential by the first few updates, but the dev basically has given up on making the VN even half-way decent. I would call TP The Class Next Door what happens when a dev truly does not care, at all.
Completely agree, as far as school/teacher based VNs go there is a VN called Bad Teacher which despite being short, because the Dev died and no one has been able to keep it going, is light years ahead of this in terms of story, dialogue and character development alone, not to mention hot scenes too.

The characters in this all feel emotionally disabled, kind of like if they were all androids pretending to be people.

Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
OMG. MC swam towards the tits and even touched them. Put the tag "contains sexual content" up there right away.

The most interesting content in the game is every fucking morning when you meet at school and say hello. It already says something about the level of this shit.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
OMG. MC swam towards the tits and even touched them. Put the tag "contains sexual content" up there right away.

The most interesting content in the game is every fucking morning when you meet at school and say hello. It already says something about the level of this shit.
wrong, he dreams about having sex occasionally and he fucked 1 of his students and 1 co-teacher and ALMOST fucked his daughter.

Reactions: Macgamer

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I think u are very optimistic, how many LI's does this game have 10-12 ?
And there are only solo paths...well and not much progress outside of dreams.
dunno about lis besides daughter, others seem more like casual fucks.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
This dev dude is funny.
The sad fact is that this bunch of bums, thieves, and parasites actually make 99,99% of all indie game supporters in the world. Or maybe he thinks people just browse Patreon and pick a random game to support out on a whim?

Without F95 and similar sites, most indie devs like him would be forced to flip burgers for a side income instead of working on AVNs.

Not that there is anything wrong with flipping burgers, it's an honest job as any other.
Maybe after the inevitable repercussions of his heart-to-heart with his supporters through this preposterous Q&A, he will be more susceptible for an honest burger-flipping career in the future?
You realize all that is all based entirely in default assumption myth here then any actual hard data, right? Especially given that pretty much every released traffic data you'll see out of devs here, in direct relation to how much actual traffic gets funneled to the patreon page from here, would indeed suggest that a random "sex games" search find possibility is indeed the higher overall probability on the table there :)

Don't get it twisted with the need to portray what goes on here to be anymore then it actually is. This place has never and will never be any dev's legitimate friend, it's own self importance perception does not extended outside it's own piracy driven boarders, and the idea that it ever plays out to be some breeding ground for any meaningful financial support has about as much actual substance backing it up as the existence of bigfoot.

This is a piracy board. Where we come to pirate. You or I wouldn't end up playing the dev's game since we'd probably lose any interest in doing so if it wasn't going to be free. That's the only real forced outcome with these sites going away. Hating on a dev because he's already fully comprehending that you or I don't ultimately matter in his own personal equation is delusional silly imo.

Reactions: Beetle

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
You realize all that is all based entirely in default assumption myth here then any actual hard data, right? Especially given that pretty much every released traffic data you'll see out of devs here, in direct relation to how much actual traffic gets funneled to the patreon page from here, would indeed suggest that a random "sex games" search find possibility is indeed the higher overall probability on the table there :)

Don't get it twisted with the need to portray what goes on here to be anymore then it actually is. This place has never and will never be any dev's legitimate friend, it's own self importance perception does not extended outside it's own piracy driven boarders, and the idea that it ever plays out to be some breeding ground for any meaningful financial support has about as much actual substance backing it up as the existence of bigfoot.

This is a piracy board. Where we come to pirate. You or I wouldn't end up playing the dev's game since we'd probably lose any interest in doing so if it wasn't going to be free. That's the only real forced outcome with these sites going away. Hating on a dev because he's already fully comprehending that you or I don't ultimately matter in his own personal equation is delusional silly imo.
Thats just totally false.
I wouldn't even know about any of these titles if I hadn't seen MXRplays vid about Daughters for Dessert. I was modding skyrim and looking for suggestions and his channel on YT came up, so Ijust happened across the DFD vid and ended up here.

Since then I've supported a bunch of devs, mostly for already completed titles because so much stuff gets abandoned before its finished, but also on titles like Love of Magic which is probably my #1 right now, but certainly in my top 5.
I've even asked several Devs if there was a way I could help them with my work-station. [I have a $10k render/encoding rig I use for my actual work]

There is no way I would have come across any of these without F95, I only know SVS because I came here first and even then SVS downloads are so slow I never would have bothered.
I wasn't even aware of this kind of content back then, much less searching patreon for it.

May 13, 2018
You know, I just provide the news. :)

In general, I don't comment on artistic or script choices.

However, and with a lot of respect for you, if you hope things happen quickly or get bold, then this may not be a game to match your tastes.
In general, you see it right away if a game will bring things gradually or quickly. It depends on your tastes. :cool:
I get that it's a slow burn, but a lot of this dev's updates only seem to add wake up/drive to school/make plans for later/drive home/go to sleep without the plans happening.

The releases are painfully short, and frequently so.

I keep an eye on this game, but I'm really thinking that it's best to wait until at least 0.5 so there might be at least some content that isn't mundane or a dream sequence.

Bestinian

Nov 3, 2021
So is there any actual sex in this now? Slow burn usually means you could have had a litter of children in the real world before getting any in game.

• Haha
Reactions: Boneprone

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
This is really starting to make exactly ZERO fucking sense with this update, you almost bang Tiff in one update and then in the next the Ex shows up and now Tiff is trying to get you back together with your Ex and just WTF is the dev smoking exactly, its bad enough with the dream after dream BS being the sex in this VN but now Tiff is backing off trying to get with you so you can go back to how it was?!?!?!? I can deal with the slow burn since were WERE making SOME small bit of progress with Tiff but this update makes no goddamn sense at all story wise. SMFH o_O

fishbulb123

Sep 3, 2020
Q. What do you think about all the cancel culture people attacking your game on pirate sites?
A. I can't care less; I don't follow the herd mentality, and I will not conform or bend to the mob. Beside the fact that pirate sites are for bums, thieves, and parasites; 99% of those people never support creators, but somehow, they think they have a say about stolen games that they got for free.

I have seen some of the angry comments those people post on pirate sites, they make me giggle, all they are saying is 'This game should be like I want it to be!!! Why is the dev not doing what I want!!! Why is the dev not doing what I think!!!1!!' Nothing but, self-entitled, OCD rants and child-like temper-tantrums. They are unimportant, meaningless, I will not stop working on new episodes and I will not change anything in my game because of some toxic and obtuse rant. I will keep doing things the way I want to do them.

Speaking about throwing a tantrum :KEK:
But in short he gives fuck what anybody else says. I'm curious thought, does he count his supporters to the mob, cause he doesn't seem to listen to them either.
This is a funny quote. It's like Tucker Carlson interviewing Tucker Carlson. And seeing some of this dev's comments in the past, that is not a stretch.
Yeah. I've joined quite a few Patreons BECAUSE of this site. But I'm not sinking $10-20 a month into every game just because someone slopped together some static renders and attached a shit narrative to it. Sure, why not? Everyone who doesn't subscribe to the life of a VN and end up paying the cost of 4 x a AAA 10 million dollar budget REAL game is a freeloader.... LMAO.
If expect people to give you an average of 10 bucks a month for 3 or so years for the quality of this output... you be one developer dreaming of one unrealistic wet one.

2.20 star(s) 114 Votes