2.20 star(s) 114 Votes

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
How many versions do you figure there are going to be before the final release?
Kinda confusing...

By final release you mean when the game gets completed?
Or are you talking about the demo version? And the final release would be when I make public the first episode?

If you're talking about how many updates before completing the game then is kinda difficult to "figure" a number, there will be episodes and most likely each episode is gonna have patches and/or corrections.
I can't know for sure what kind of bugs or problems I can run in while working on my game.

I have nine romance-able women in this project, each one of them will have her own story and there will be short stories along with their arcs (namely spicy dreams).
So you can expect an anthology kind of game... which means many, MANY updates and patches.

:geek:

Last edited:

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I kinda want to support you, but I noticed that the amount of supporters does not carry over to the amount or quality of releases.
I don't want to drop names here, but one developer has not released an update in almost a year a year and a half, not counting a small side release ten months ago and still rakes in eight grand per month (that means about $150k for no work done). Another has barely two hundred patrons and is releasing significant monthly updates.
I realized I spent over a hundred bucks (in five dollar monthly installments) on a smallish game that had a bimonthly release cadence with a random amount of content. I could have spent that much in a single payment, and I'd be granted unlimited access to the game in progress and I could influence the story direction and development decisions.

In the end, I don't think I regret supporting them, but before deciding to support anyone else now, I want the developer to be clear about their direction.
I'm okay with an anthology and multiple chapters, I think my actual concern is how much new stuff is there going to be in new releases and how often do you plan to release them.

Last edited:

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I kinda want to support you, but I noticed that the amount of supporters does not carry over to the amount or quality of releases.
I don't want to drop names here, but one developer has not released an update in almost a year a year and a half, not counting a small side release ten months ago and still rakes in eight grand per month (that means about $150k for no work done). Another has barely two hundred patrons and is releasing significant monthly updates.
I realized I spent over a hundred bucks (in five dollar monthly installments) on a smallish game that had a bimonthly release cadence with a random amount of content. I could have spent that much in a single payment, and I'd be granted unlimited access to the game in progress and I could influence the story direction and development decisions.

In the end, I don't think I regret supporting them, but before deciding to support anyone else now, I want the developer to be clear about their direction.
I'm okay with an anthology and multiple chapters, I think my actual concern is how much new stuff is there going to be in new releases and how often do you plan to release them.
I'm working on releasing new content around every two months, give or take, based on how fast I can do the renders, code them into the game, and fix bugs/make corrections.

I understand if some people want to wait for a few updates before starting supporting a developer.

Something worth mentioning is the fact that I'm a lone wolf; I'm working in this project alone, I'm the writer, 3d artist, coder, tester... but I'm committed to finish my game.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I know, I know, it's just that some don't manage monthly updates with a team.
FYI, I did sign up today and I can tell you that the game is coming up nicely, except there's just sooooo much text. I know it's exposition, but it's still a whole lot. In fact, you might be spending too much time on writing the text in the game, especially since you have nobody to proofread your work and non-native English really shows. Try to reach out to your patrons to see if there are any that might be willing to help you with it.

Reactions: 9thCrux

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I know, I know, it's just that some don't manage monthly updates with a team.
FYI, I did sign up today and I can tell you that the game is coming up nicely, except there's just sooooo much text. I know it's exposition, but it's still a whole lot. In fact, you might be spending too much time on writing the text in the game, especially since you have nobody to proofread your work and non-native English really shows. Try to reach out to your patrons to see if there are any that might be willing to help you with it.
Thanks for subscribing! :giggle:

Lol, yeah the game is very story-centric, I don't want to get into doing major text editing just yet because I will be moving and changing things around, story-wise, and many times editing grammar changes the context or mood.
Most likely I will wait until, at least, finishing a path before getting someone to help me with the text.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Last edited:

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I'm working on releasing new content around every two months, give or take, based on how fast I can do the renders, code them into the game, and fix bugs/make corrections.
I just realized something and you should bear this in mind. I subscribed at $5. This locks me out of $10 content, but it's okay since I joined to support you and get the release early.

However, suppose I have a budget of $60 per year. If you provide bi-monthly updates, I get more of my money's worth by canceling and rejoining every other month at $10 (or at every release). That way, if an update slips to another month, I save some money and not lose any content. And as long as you do an update every two months, you get the same money that you would get otherwise.

I realize it's tough to push out an update every month, but a lot of your supporters may feel the same way. Just some food for thought.

• Thinking Face

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Hey everyone!

I wanted to let you know that episode one is out for $1 subscribers.

Release schedule:

On October 22 it was released for $10 subscribers.
On November 6 it was released for $5 subscribers.
On November 14 it was released for $1 subscribers.
Public release coming around November 22!

Thank you for your support.

Please check my SubscribeStar.Adult page for more info:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Saw a comment from the dev about this being inspired by Teacher's Pet so felt like I had to give it a shot. I was a fan of that game as well and was disappointed that it ended up abandoned. Fingers crossed that this one is good :)

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Okay, so I posted a review. Just to avoid posting supporter only information in public, I'm going to hide the post until you make this release public.

Last edited:

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
So, again, can someone state to me what makes this game set in the same universe of the original Teacher's Pet?

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Whoops! Sorry! I thought I copied the contents of the post to the review. I edited it so that spoilers are marked clearly. I also removed content that's not public yet.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Whoops! Sorry! I thought I copied the contents of the post to the review. I edited it so that spoilers are marked clearly. I also removed content that's not public yet.
Thanks, I will check your suggestions later on, I have my hands full with coding atm.

I appreciate your consideration.

2.20 star(s) 114 Votes