3D-Daz TP: The Class Next Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
I'm in the process of building a second rendering computer, just ordered a new RTX 2080 super. Yeah I'm jumping in the RTX wagon. Beside I'm upgrading from a GTX 1080, no TI just 1080.:ROFLMAO:

I close any other applications while rendering, I do my gaming on PS4, but getting a low profile video card just for the display sounds like a good idea.

The only reason I was able to save some old scenes, character presets, and skinbuilder creations along with my assets library was because I also have an external storage drive. But I got lazy and forgot to backup my most recent files, not doing that again, now I try to back them up almost every day.

Thanks for your suggestions. :giggle:
I want one of the newest Qaudro's... (Looking for a Sugar-Daddy that will buy me one, along with a Threadripper CPU and MoBo... My new dream rig is gonna cost about $18K USD) I've heard there were some issues (in the recent past) with the RTX cards and DAZ, but they may have resolved them. Since I don't HAVE an RTX, I can't verify that. lol

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9thCrux and CulayTL

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
and in case you're wondering "HOW IN HELL IS IT THAT MUCH???" It's based on this... The starting item of the whole rig...

And a PAIR of NVidia Quadro RTX 8000's at $5500 each... (that gives me 96gb of GDDR6 to play in... *giggles hard*)

Ok, enough of the off-topicness... *whistles innocently*

Last edited:

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
and in case you're wondering "HOW IN HELL IS IT THAT MUCH???" It's based on this... The starting item of the whole rig...
Seems like the whole desk is a computer case.
Fancy custom design.
Hope you find your sugar daddy soon. :giggle:

Reactions: lancelotdulak

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Is it possible to just port the sand volleyball net into your school gym? That is how most schools (high school/college) do it anyway. Very few (Maybe some Universities at the Div I level) have dedicated volleyball gyms.

You might have to get away with a Soccer Field background.... until somebody makes one.

Summer Island has a decent looking volleyball net... its in the sand though.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Is it possible to just port the sand volleyball net into your school gym? That is how most schools (high school/college) do it anyway. Very few (Maybe some Universities at the Div I level) have dedicated volleyball gyms.

You might have to get away with a Soccer Field background.... until somebody makes one.

Summer Island has a decent looking volleyball net... its in the sand though.
Yes, its possible.
That's what I'm planing to do, probably gonna use a volleyball field texture too.
I still can decide which sports to add or not to add or maybe I can add new locations later on.

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
I agree.... in the sense that I would go with the sports that are ready/available.

Swim Team would be a good possibility. I don't think the game players really care much about the game characters sports involvement... but a Pool/Swim Team would open up possibilities - coach/player stuff, locker room, and "water sports" so to speak (not that pools haven't been used before).

At the end of the day, putting time/effort into creating new assets (like making soccer fields or football fields from scratch) might cause you to spend more of your valuable time into areas that really don't "add" much to the overall game play.

A lot of schools have "riding" or Dressage teams... that would open up a lot of possibilities as well. Most of the equestrian assets already exist (stables, horses, barns, clothing... even the horses... well... you know!)

Last edited:

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Have been working on another model; had to start working from scratch because I lost the models I made before.

But well here is the new Daria:

Daria000.jpg

Still want to do some fine tuning here and there but I already like this mischievous redhead.

Daria001.jpg

I also completed a new location, the library, but found a nice pool asset out there and that is gonna be the new area I will be working on.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Modeling Daria's body took longer than I tho it would.
And then playing with dforce dresses and poses was a learning experience, saw my first dforce explosion :ROFLMAO:.

Finished moving stuff around in my library scene and now I'm ready to work on making the pool scene.

Daria: And this is our library.

libsene.jpg

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Update.

Have been fighting with an asset, is a really nice olympic style pool area but it has been a pain in the butt to work with;
is a gigantic asset and is giving me problems when I try to move my characters around.
I'm getting the black spots bug because of being so far away from the origin point 0, 0, 0.

intr105.jpg

Had to add, modify, and edit shaders, props, lights, HDRI, and then I have to deal with the black spots bug...

Has been an adventure.

If everything goes well I'm planning on releasing this game by October, hopefully...

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Giant asset adventure...

Well I was getting the black spots bug a lot, then the black eyes syndrome, and that made me try a new approach; kept the characters inside the gray grid and moved the whole scene around.
Even when you get close to the edge you start seeing the black eyes bug...

Seems like that is all had to do to save this scene:
intr108.jpg

Also seems like in other cases I will have to move the HDRI along with the assets but not in this one. :unsure:

Monday night is gonna be a fun night for me, I'm getting my new GPU. :D

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Update.

Have been working on more scenes, went through some hiccups here and there, tried some poses that didn't work and ended up remaking the scenes.

Still have some renders I probably gonna do again because I'm not happy with how they look, working with two rendering computers is demanding but slowly I'm finding my rhythm.

Remade another girl, Joan:

Joan00.jpg

She's a genesis 3 based character, fully "customized".

Time for a break, been working for ten hours already.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Small update:

This is gonna be a bit of a venting post...
I took some time to think about the things I have done so far to make my game development dreams a reality:

*Got Daz Studio and then I realized that the included assets are not enough to make a visual novel, its possible to make a basic VN with the free assets but that would limit the game locations and characters a lot.
I spent almost 1k buying assets for the game I was planning to make back then.

*Spent, literally, hundreds of hours learning to use Daz. I would say I understand the basics now; like lighting up a scene, camera settings, posing assets, morphing characters to customize their look, and so on.

*Started to learn how to code in Ren'Py, I understand the basics now but there are so many things I don't know how to do yet.

*Took some time to learn the basics about digital drawing and making my own manga.

*Learnt about storytelling, writing, and improved my English (a little xD).

*Upgraded my computer hardware to speed up render times, even got a second desktop for that purpose.

I have invested a lot of time and resources pursuing this dream, there are a lot of things I need to improve and sometimes I spend up to ten hours a day working on my project. I'm sure there are better ways to do things and I'm still learning about it, it has been a learning experience for me.

After contemplating all this I decided to set up a Subcribestar profile, it has to go through the review process and all that, though about Patreon but my game's content would be a problem with their rules.

My page is still under construction, browsed around to see examples of what to offer in my subscription tiers, learnt about not hiding the game behind a paywall, posting, polling, and more typical profile management.
Sites like f95zone offer a lot of knowledge and community help, tried my best to learn the ropes here.

As an enthusiast artist/developer I appreciate recognition, acknowledgement, likes, and feedback.
But there are more needs I have to take care of while creating my game, like paying bills and feeding my cat. :ROFLMAO:

I'm planning to release my game soon and hopefully I will have a page where people can subscribe or give me a tip in recognition for my efforts.

Gonna leave this here for now.

intr124.jpg

Well, back to work for me.

Last edited:

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Next stop the auditorium...

Working on a new location, the school tour is almost over, soon I will be rendering the going shopping and night at the hotel episode.

A little something:
intr131.jpg

Mrs. Smith: After the teacher's meeting you will join us here.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
*Update*

I have been working like a maniac to complete a demo version.
Is an introduction to the story and it doesn't have many features yet, like navigation or an inventory system.

The first release is set for October, but I'm planning to update the demo version to include new features as I add them to the game.

The demo version will be available Wednesday the 28th (tomorrow!)
I still need to complete some renders for the demo version but the main introduction is done.

I have to follow the process to make the game available, make a game request and all that, so it will take a little while to be ready; I would say tomorrow evening or maybe in the afternoon (EST time).

The girls are doing their best to get everything ready, they have come out with a plan!

intr149.jpg

But they also need your help...
Make sure to like and support them. :giggle:

Last edited:

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
i love your models man gj. one thing .. please check grammar etc? I hate when i see a game with horrible english. going to check it out now

DD3DD

Apr 23, 2019
Update:

The demo version has been released:
https://f95zone.to/threads/tp-the-class-next-door-demo-version-1-0-9thcrux.35827/#post-2329993

Now I can take a break and die of exhaustion. :ROFLMAO:

Please give it a try and consider supporting my project.
Awesome demo, see all the hard work you have put into it. My only advise/critique and it is something happens in most games is the blank stare what we do in real life aka our resting bitch faces hehe.

The thing is with 3DCG models it makes them look lifeless for example the difference between intr28.jpg and intr29.jpg. That open mouth with open eyes intr29 vs just the slightest of smiles you've added in intr28 makes the difference between warmth and soul-less.

I know we have blank expressions in real life, but when it's on a CG Model it makes it cold for example intra35 vs 36 vs 37, 36 is the coldest of the three. The in car face close ups are amazingly warm renders awesome job on those.

Another example would be the following scene at the the school lobby: intr46 is awesome cause she is looking at the screen, but once we start talking to her, the blank expression with zero smile gives that cold doll like feeling. I'm pretty sure if it was a face closeup it would be warm and fine, but because its a zoomed out model render, it comes of emotionless and cold.

I know you are thinking but every other game designer does this too, but I feel as you are on the ground floor for your game, I want you have the warmest lifelike renders around and change the game standard for the better.

Even with scenes like intr57.jpg with amazing eye contact and scene direction, the blank expression will happen in real life during a conversation, but this being a static snapshot adding tiny smile / laugh / grin will make it feel warmer and more realistic case and point Intra79 and 80 feels warm cause you can sense the warmth of the models.

The locker room models feel a lot warmer (soulful) than the coffee/beak room models.

Does Mrs.Smith model have the same facial expression render in intr121 vs intr125, if that is the case then its just close/far the model's face is in the scene. Cause 121 is normal and warm and 125 has the doll effect. If that's the case then if its not too hard to do, exaggerate the facial expressions for non close up models.

End Rant. Please note I love the demo. I followed and read through the entire thread, so I really appreciate all the hard work and time you put into this and I really want you to have the best game that reflects your dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.