3D-Daz TP: The Class Next Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Awesome demo, see all the hard work you have put into it. My only advise/critique and it is something happens in most games is the blank stare what we do in real life aka our resting bitch faces hehe.

The thing is with 3DCG models it makes them look lifeless for example the difference between intr28.jpg and intr29.jpg. That open mouth with open eyes intr29 vs just the slightest of smiles you've added in intr28 makes the difference between warmth and soul-less.

I know we have blank expressions in real life, but when it's on a CG Model it makes it cold for example intra35 vs 36 vs 37, 36 is the coldest of the three. The in car face close ups are amazingly warm renders awesome job on those.

Another example would be the following scene at the the school lobby: intr46 is awesome cause she is looking at the screen, but once we start talking to her, the blank expression with zero smile gives that cold doll like feeling. I'm pretty sure if it was a face closeup it would be warm and fine, but because its a zoomed out model render, it comes of emotionless and cold.

I know you are thinking but every other game designer does this too, but I feel as you are on the ground floor for your game, I want you have the warmest lifelike renders around and change the game standard for the better.

Even with scenes like intr57.jpg with amazing eye contact and scene direction, the blank expression will happen in real life during a conversation, but this being a static snapshot adding tiny smile / laugh / grin will make it feel warmer and more realistic case and point Intra79 and 80 feels warm cause you can sense the warmth of the models.

The locker room models feel a lot warmer (soulful) than the coffee/beak room models.

Does Mrs.Smith model have the same facial expression render in intr121 vs intr125, if that is the case then its just close/far the model's face is in the scene. Cause 121 is normal and warm and 125 has the doll effect. If that's the case then if its not too hard to do, exaggerate the facial expressions for non close up models.

End Rant. Please note I love the demo. I followed and read through the entire thread, so I really appreciate all the hard work and time you put into this and I really want you to have the best game that reflects your dedication.
Answered you in the game thread.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Getting ready to move over to the new locations, they need to stop by the house to pack and get changed but then Tiffany and the MC are going for lunch, and they may find something interesting beside a well-done steak.

ep001.jpg

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Daz3D is having a memorial day sale, found some sweet deals.

It feels good to support the artists who made the assets I'm using...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There is still a bunch of assets I need to buy but well... we do what we can. :cool:

Last edited:

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Yup, another update:

I wanted to let you know (fans, future fans, and people who like my stuff) that I have been working everyday since I released my game's demo version, been building and rendering scenes everyday, even weekends.

Like many have say before; making a game is not an easy task, specially for enthusiast like myself, but I'm working hard to the best of my abilities.

Development is going well and I do believe episode one will be done around October the 20th.

Gonna leave another teaser:

Teaser.jpg

Remember to check my SubscribeStar page .

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Update:

I'm working on the coding phase, is is about 40% done now.

If everything goes well I will be releasing a test build in a couple of days.
It will be released through my subscription tiers at

The test build will be early access to episode one, I will be making corrections and adding more features in the following days after releasing it.

Teaser time:

Daria: "Shrimp! We're so close to release now shrimp!
Emily: "Yes, yes, I know. If you kill me now that is going to slowdown release so please don't kill me!"
Marjory: "Oh my God!"
Tiffany: "We're almost there."
Joan: "Yes, I'm so happy our tale is about to be told!"

Promox.jpg

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Ready to go!!!

ep1193.jpg

Test Build is released for the higher tier supporters.
Early access is up.

Fresh out of the oven, is a functional build.
As expected of a test build there are many things that need to be corrected, namely typos and grammar, and it doesn't have a stat and route system yet.
I will be fixing errors and adding more features in the following days, I have been coding non-stop to bring you this test build.

Visit my SubscribeStar.Adult for more info.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Test build update.

Early access build version 0.1.3 is out.

Log:
-Spelling and grammar corrections.
-Added a route system, your choices matter!
-Fixed poke-through in some images.

A little something:

Daria: "Trick-or-trea... forget it! I have a trick for you."

Halloween00.jpg

Last edited:

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Oh this is gonna be fun...

stuffs.jpg

Soon is gonna be time to work on items, inventory, and their purpose in the story...
...Right after finishing the navigation system and status screen...

o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.