4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Nice game, maybe a little more background about the Gorgons and their place in greek mythology.
Unless we are going to learn as we go, which is great too.

What is with the "Fuck off" in the dialogue? I'm guessing it's not meant as an offensive statement.

I hope for much success.
deepglugs
It should be explained in the game although, I would be the first to claim that this is far from strict Greek mythology. I take huge liberties in the motivations of the gods and mix in mythologies from near other cultures (mostly Hebrew). That said, the gorgon ancestry and relation to the Olympian gods should be correct and is explained throughout the game (by Ceto and others). I have an option to skip through Ceto's explanation of the divide, so be sure to ask her why her side of the family doesn't use heavenfire.

The term "fuck off" is something Euryale says a lot in Euryale's Gambit. It's a bit of shameless fan service.

• Love
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
A little confused as to why Zeus wants to sacrifice the pretty. Does he want to make all the women ugly?

Reactions: deepglugs

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
A little confused as to why Zeus wants to sacrifice the pretty. Does he want to make all the women ugly?
The greater the sacrifice, the more chaos energy will result. Pretty things are more rare and thus a greater sacrifice. That and the greek gods were dicks and always required the sacrifice of pretty things, daughters, etc. It's not explained well in the dialog and I will fix that. Thanks.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
The greater the sacrifice, the more chaos energy will result. Pretty things are more rare and thus a greater sacrifice. That and the greek gods were dicks and always required the sacrifice of pretty things, daughters, etc. It's not explained well in the dialog and I will fix that. Thanks.
Hehehe. I get that the ancient gods were dicks. And not just the Greek ones. I'm just kinda making a point that the enemies in this story are doing something incredibly self-defeating.

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
Tragedy of Medusa [v0.3.0] [deepglugs] Compressed

Compressed Win/Linux : , Workupload
Original Size (672 MB) / Compressed Size (196 MB)

Compressed Mac : , Workupload
Compressed Size (181.5 MB)

* Untested Mac Version

If you like my work, support on buy me coffee
You swapped the windows and mac Workupload links. The Mixdrop links are labeled correctly.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Nice game idea.
Setting and overall concept good, implementation can be improved.

Some of the faces look ... lifeless and weird and you get completely irrelevant choices at times.
For instance both Athena and Cassandra have weird facial structures and absolutely none of the characters appear to show emotions in "normal" state.
For example euryale can lick cassandra and while she does and is bringing cassandra to orgasm her face until the very last render has a completely deadpan look to it.
Plus you can choose to go with euryale to search for a room or stay at the temple. But no matter what you choose you stay at the temple.
This pseudo choice happens again not long after in medusa searching for euryale or entering the temple.

I get that both those instances are relatively crucial to the beginning of the story i.e. you are fixed in the way, but giving the player the option to choose and seconds after the player chooses taking a big steaming dump on him/her/them is the worst thing a dev could do.

I haven't played the game too much further as I have the feeling that this game is nothing extraordinarily special.
I hope it improves in the future and I wish all the best to the dev and this project, but I'll come looking at this game again in a year or so.

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Nice game idea.
Setting and overall concept good, implementation can be improved.

Some of the faces look ... lifeless and weird and you get completely irrelevant choices at times.
For instance both Athena and Cassandra have weird facial structures and absolutely none of the characters appear to show emotions in "normal" state.
For example euryale can lick cassandra and while she does and is bringing cassandra to orgasm her face until the very last render has a completely deadpan look to it.
Plus you can choose to go with euryale to search for a room or stay at the temple. But no matter what you choose you stay at the temple.
This pseudo choice happens again not long after in medusa searching for euryale or entering the temple.

I get that both those instances are relatively crucial to the beginning of the story i.e. you are fixed in the way, but giving the player the option to choose and seconds after the player chooses taking a big steaming dump on him/her/them is the worst thing a dev could do.

I haven't played the game too much further as I have the feeling that this game is nothing extraordinarily special.
I hope it improves in the future and I wish all the best to the dev and this project, but I'll come looking at this game again in a year or so.
Thanks for the feedback. I will work on improving the emotions of the girls for what remains of the game. As for the choices being "fixed", this is by design. You should feel as bad as Stheno and Euryale do about what happened to their sister. The key word is "almost". You are almost able to stop what happens, but almost is is not enough to avoid the tragedy. That said, I will go through each false choice and make sure there's a coherent reason for it and by it (in the dialog).

Last edited:

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. I will work on improving the emotions of the girls for what remains of the game. As for the choices being "fixed", this is by design. You should feel as bad as Stheno and Euryale do about what happened to their sister. The key word is "almost". You are almost able to stop what happens, but almost is is not enough to avoid the tragedy.
As said I know it is for storytelling purposes.
But as I also said pseudo choices are the worst thing a dev can do.

A very popular example in the AAA gaming history is Mass Effect 3 with their Red, Blue or Green "choice" for the ending.
In theory it looked good.
In praxis it was a slap to the face.

Having the player choose one option and than the dev forcing the option the player did not choose/avoid is the same.
You could have implemented the same effect by having a "dream narration" that medusa feels a strong need to do X.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes