Terakahn

Oct 5, 2017
I know you have multiple true endings which were like the original ones you came up with. But is there one specific 'canon' story that you intend to take off from in the future or consider as the way things should've happened if there was no choice by the player?

Reactions: TangoTF

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I know you have multiple true endings which were like the original ones you came up with. But is there one specific 'canon' story that you intend to take off from in the future or consider as the way things should've happened if there was no choice by the player?
I haven't totally narrowed down how the transition from TF to TF2 will work but as it stands now ending number 1 will be Transfigure's "official/canon" ending ( I recently moved the numbers around). I leaked the true ending list long ago so you can figure out more or less what I am going for. I tried to keep it intentionally vague so as not to spoil everything. Some of the alt endings I have written since starting are actually better than the original ones, so I hope a player doesn't get hung up on any of the ending distinctions. True or not true, good, bad, it is in the eye of the beholder for the most part. They are just endings. You can imagine whichever you want to be the conclusion of Taylor's journey.

Programmdude

Jul 30, 2017
In case anyone cares, here is an svg of the different routes you can take. It's not overly user friendly yet, but it's autogenerated so that makes it hard to customise.

Reactions: menatv and TangoTF

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Thanks for that. I, for one, am having trouble getting on that spy route. It's available from the Drew path, right? If not, I must have been doing it all wrong. :)

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Thanks for that. I, for one, am having trouble getting on that spy route. It's available from the Drew path, right? If not, I must have been doing it all wrong. :)
There is a quick jump for the Agency missions.

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
In case anyone cares, here is an svg of the different routes you can take. It's not overly user friendly yet, but it's autogenerated so that makes it hard to customise.
How do you open a svg like this? I downloaded gimp but it shows the resolution as 2500 x 300,000 or something crazy and crashes on load. Sometimes I feel like Transfigure has so many paths it can break the universe :p

Programmdude

Jul 30, 2017
Yea, I used svg rather than png or pdf due to the massive size of the graph. I personally use the web browser. I might write an html file to display it, which could also allow for clicking on nodes in case I want to highlight routes to that passage, searching, and other rich user features.

The tool to generate the graphs only works on simpler twine games, any large usage of widgets or conditional statements will almost certainly break it.

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
There is a quick jump for the Agency missions.
Ok, I thought that was only for Patreon consumers. In the meantime, I was stumbling and bumbling around and did find the Damien content. Wow...was that ever good! Going to try the spy missions stuff when I get a chance to lay again. Thanks for letting us easily enter the various pathways now!

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Ok, I thought that was only for Patreon consumers. In the meantime, I was stumbling and bumbling around and did find the Damien content. Wow...was that ever good! Going to try the spy missions stuff when I get a chance to lay again. Thanks for letting us easily enter the various pathways now!
Originally I added the quickjump as a pledge incentive for patrons but navigating without it is quite difficult so I never made a distinction between the public and private versions. The quickjump has always been free, since I released the patron versions publicly as a teaser. It seemed more like a dick move than a pledge incentive so now it is merely like the wing of a hospital - dedicated to the numerous generous souls that have supported the project but not exclusively for their use. I want to make exclusive content for my patrons but this isn't the way to do it. Transfigure is already increasingly difficult to navigate as it grows.

Imagine if I removed the quickjump and limited all non patrons to 10 saves arbitrarily? Transfigure is too big for that so it would be cruel. No thanks.

I hope the quickjump helps readers explore the narrative. The only downside is if you haven't found the content before, you may be missing important context and details. I think the spy quickjump cuts out the blonde scene for example (which tips off the Agency).

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I got some cool endings coming out over the next few releases. Also I am still giving out EA to the .95 Spy Agency bonus update if anyone is interested in learning about one of the Agency's factions.

Which conclusions are you looking most forward to?

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Next update is almost done so here is the bonus for those interested in the 5k word update from earlier.

Transfigure .95 bonus content 5000+ words -

Spy Taylor learns of Plan Groundwork! + another new shocking ending!

-added end # 37 on Ariana’s spy route - A new enemy is revealed!

This is the dl link for the 94 to 95 upgrade (put in 94's folder, launch new html)

alt:

And this is the 94 full game if you haven't dled before:

Reactions: xw1 and menatv

Maggi091

Oct 1, 2017
I have to say I didn't really care much for the whole Agency stuff, but after playing the Ariana route I'm intrigued to see where the other routes go.

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I have to say I didn't really care much for the whole Agency stuff, but after playing the Ariana route I'm intrigued to see where the other routes go.
I wrote an entire giant story tree for this area. All the missions and characters are unique although there is some overlap. They will show off different facets of what is going on. I put a lot of effort into the background plots and stories so I hope readers will give it a chance.

There is still lots to learn about Trans Corp, the Agency, and Transfigure!

Reactions: menatv

Pede rasta 1

Dec 28, 2019
THIS GAME MUST BE MADE IN 3D WITH RENPY.
A PARTNER BETWEEN THE DEVELOPER AND SOME FANS MAYBE?
OR AT LEAST UNIFY ALL THE IMAGES AND ANIMATIONS MAKING THEM ALL LITTLE CAPRICE

Last edited:

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
THIS GAME MUST BE MADE IN 3D WITH RENPY.
A PARTNER BETWEEN THE DEVELOPER AND SOME FANS MAYBE?
OR AT LEAST UNIFY ALL THE IMAGES AND ANIMATIONS MAKING THEM ALL LITTLE CAPRICE
One day. That was the original goal and I have practicied in Ren'Py. As a stretch goal, at $1k patreon I will start building an art commission fund and resume my own CG experiments. Until then I am just a writer. It would be faster to partner with a proficient artist. I am already backed by some of the best artists both 3d and non in the world but everyone seems busy with their own projects, although I have got some interest for future no one wants to work on Transfigure because it is gigantic. It would be a full time art job I can't pay for that would last at least a year. I have floated the idea of having a normal version, a 3d version, and an anime style one but they are just dreams for now.

As for media, it can't all be replaced with caprice. As it is it is like 80% caprice, if I bump it to 100% then numerous sex scenes would have no or poor media - especially in circumstances where you can't tell who it is. I try to keep the pictures consistent but it isn't completely possible with RL images that I don't control the source for.

One thing I am interested in crowd sourcing is Taylor's voice for when I make a full service visual novel.

Reactions: Abnur_tharn

Pede rasta 1

Dec 28, 2019
I'm glad to know that the project is underway, I think it has a good future, and I would like to be your patreon, but with the coronavirus out there I will have to wait for life to return to its course, before I can be patreon, sorry, These are hard times.

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I'm glad to know that the project is underway, I think it has a good future, and I would like to be your patreon, but with the coronavirus out there I will have to wait for life to return to its course, before I can be patreon, sorry, These are hard times.
Thank you for your consideration. I hope Transfigure helped alleviate some quarantine boredom. Please do not support the project unless you can afford it. However, if you do have some free time, please be aware that there are numerous free ways you can support the project, including leaving me comments, feedback, and reviewing and liking the game's posts on f95 and TFGS. Reader endorsements are incredibly powerful and I'm very grateful to all my generous patrons and those that contribute anything that could potentially benefit the community. Every dollar, idea, and like I get improves the game for everyone. Thank you.

Terakahn

Oct 5, 2017
I actually like the non caprice stuff. It still feels like the same character, and is immersive in that sense just as much, and gives you a lot more options to media choice to fit a scene.

I hope you keep it html. It is one of the biggest draws for me. Both in terms of formatting and flow, and the fact I can't play renpy on my phone or tablet. Which is my primary mode of consumption.

Reactions: Abnur_tharn

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I actually like the non caprice stuff. It still feels like the same character, and is immersive in that sense just as much, and gives you a lot more options to media choice to fit a scene.

I hope you keep it html. It is one of the biggest draws for me. Both in terms of formatting and flow, and the fact I can't play renpy on my phone or tablet. Which is my primary mode of consumption.
I will complete an html version with the current real life picture style as my first objective. If I remake it with a different art style I could still use html but probably not since, once I have the assets, Ren Py is definitely far better looking and more immersive since it allows an on screen depiction at all times instead of just text. I am still experimenting with a few features but hope to enter Transfigure's beta over the next few months. I only have one remaining complicated feature to add that I have no idea how to implement.

Also, I am not certain but pretty sure you can in fact play Ren Py Vns on your phone.

In regards to Pede's last post - if anyone ever wants to make some Transfigure fanart, stories, or renders, they are welcome to. Many TF readers are very gifted and I'd love to see what they come up with. The two biggest non story upgrades in the past year or so came from two coders that helped to flesh out areas I as a primary writer lack.

I will also accept early vocaroo auditions for Taylor Roux if anyone is feeling adventurous :p

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes