Nehasharma

Aug 11, 2020
There are three options to play the game. Two are bulletproof. Almost all issues come as a consequence of the third. The images will always work if they exist. Check the Images folder. (right click > properties Transfigure .97 has 1245 pieces of media and 1.39 gigs in the main folder. If this number doesn't match, redl the full version or use the alt link.

1. Download full version and play (launch in a modern browser like Firefox).
Google Drive

mega full version

2. Use the Play now / Mobile Link

3. Download the upgrade pack (which is not the full version) and apply it to the previous full version.

I hope that helps.

Edit: I realized you linked to a discussion about Android use. Android instructions are as follows:

1. Download game on phone. (You can unzip on your phone or transfer the already extracted files to your hard drive)
2. Download the latest version of Firefox for Android.
3. Main screen > My files > device storage > (wherever you put the game) > Transfigure by Tango > hold finger down on html /select it > click on ... top right > add shortcut
4. Launch shortcut with Firefox and allow permission to use the files
5. Play

Known issues: picture size varies and looks odd. Game will not play without Javascript. Some have said Chrome works on Android too but it didn't show the media for some reason so use Firefox.
It worked thanks man

Reactions: TangoTF

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
How's progress? Any news?
I've been meaning to do a status update but wanted to release at the same time and then things get long in the tooth. I did a fair bit of writing (and image/video editing) the past few days but most of it doesn't fit in the next release. Unfortunately with the Patreon issues last month I took a bunch of extra work so I've been really busy on top of all the other stuff I was a bit behind on. Late summer/fall is my busiest part of the year.

I have play tested most of the new content but there are still dangling loose ends that need to be tied. There is a new ending and some pretty cool scenes though. I also went light on the Evan content last time so I'm trying to add another slice in that area.

I want to have it out within a week, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Thanks for your patience and staunch support, Terakahn!

Terakahn

Oct 5, 2017
Hey you're the one who made something worth supporting. Glad to hear you're doing well. Do you playtest for bugs and stuff like that? Or just to see how the writing feels

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Hey you're the one who made something worth supporting. Glad to hear you're doing well. Do you playtest for bugs and stuff like that? Or just to see how the writing feels
It is a bit of both. I generally write naughty/cool little tidbits then the rest gets filled in around them and I try to find media that suits what I am writing. I then go over and edit the content to more closely reflect the media choices (or keep looking for better fits). When it feels right - maybe after a day or year, I then do a good once over trying to put on my best editor hat. Then I put everything into the game engine and play test it. The two common bugs I find are broken passage links (no apparent reason I've found why they break) and images that don't display properly usually due to a mistake in the image code. Both of those issues are really unfortunate and are immersion/ game breaking in some cases so I always do a thorough play test of the new content. While I am doing this play test I treat it as a secondary editing pass and usually end up making dozens of minor phrasing and grammar fixes. Despite this, there is still typos in nearly every release but Poopoopuh and other readers help me track a lot of them down so that I think it reads pretty cleanly after an update or two. I don't release content that I feel is below a certain quality threshold. I have a lot of things in the "needs work" pile but I have found most of them can be cobbled into something useful at some point. A few of the most popular routes like Craig were adapted from stuff I wrote like a decade ago. It was basically written in crayon and looked pretty rough when I unearthed it again.

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Any teases on which people are getting updated in the upcoming release
Most of what I have in game so far is Taylor vs Taylor content. Transfigure has a lot of diverse readers with many preferences. I think this content is really good but it is probably more story and action than purely erotic.

Then I have Evan and two friends content in the pipe plus some cute director content, a T Corp story, and some other stuff.

I also created and wrote a new black character that will serve as a contrast and rival for Tim. Lots of characters have built up substantial votes so I am writing a bit for Julie, Ryan, and some other characters that haven't been updated in ages.

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Transfigure has a new patron update released focusing on the Taylor vs Taylor story branch.

Transfigure .98 Alpha 12500+ words

Taylor Roux2 accidentally starts a shit storm.

-Taylor demonstrates the extent of her powers. (Taylor vs Taylor main branch, imposter variation + “rational” + “Tell her she will have to find her own place” + added ends #44 and #47
-Continued Evan’s “Date Day”

FightmeLaiLai

Aug 2, 2019
It is a bit of both. I generally write naughty/cool little tidbits then the rest gets filled in around them and I try to find media that suits what I am writing. I then go over and edit the content to more closely reflect the media choices (or keep looking for better fits). When it feels right - maybe after a day or year, I then do a good once over trying to put on my best editor hat. Then I put everything into the game engine and play test it. The two common bugs I find are broken passage links (no apparent reason I've found why they break) and images that don't display properly usually due to a mistake in the image code. Both of those issues are really unfortunate and are immersion/ game breaking in some cases so I always do a thorough play test of the new content. While I am doing this play test I treat it as a secondary editing pass and usually end up making dozens of minor phrasing and grammar fixes. Despite this, there is still typos in nearly every release but Poopoopuh and other readers help me track a lot of them down so that I think it reads pretty cleanly after an update or two. I don't release content that I feel is below a certain quality threshold. I have a lot of things in the "needs work" pile but I have found most of them can be cobbled into something useful at some point. A few of the most popular routes like Craig were adapted from stuff I wrote like a decade ago. It was basically written in crayon and looked pretty rough when I unearthed it again.
If someone like with me no programming or HTML knowledge wants to create a HTML game like yours, would it be really difficult? I tried googling for beginner tutorial but hit my first reality stop when i do not even know what to search for lol

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
If someone like with me no programming or HTML knowledge wants to create a HTML game like yours, would it be really difficult? I tried googling for beginner tutorial but hit my first reality stop when i do not even know what to search for lol
No it isn't difficult unless you make it that way. (I don't recommend writing 200+ storylines at once). It's like painting or writing though. You get what you put into it multiplied by your skills and experience. The hardest part is writing a good story or making media that looks nice, that's the main arbiter of quality. There is a big difference between a "stick man" and a portrait even though both use the same basic skills one has a lot more technique and value. HTML games are the same way. They are basically web pages - and as you know pages can be simple and elegant or full of bells and whistles. They can be useful or not depending on their content and the way it's presented. There are pages worth many millions of dollars and there are simple pages than can be made for free. Twine / Sugarcube allows you to create a basic interactive fiction template (a simple game "webpage").

At its most basic level Twine just needs text to make an interactive fiction story. I like the system because it reminds me of my favorite games, the old "easy to play, difficult/impossible to master." All you need to do is write a story and watch some tutorials like Adam Hammond on youtube does - just the intro ones so you understand the basics of how Twine works. It is deceptively simple. Beyond the basic level is where is gets confusing because it uses all CSS / webpage development coding, and variable tracking to create the various game elements. At first I was overwhelmed but after I messed around with it for a few months I was able to come up with ways to code many of the game systems like the appearance menu and ending tracker etc. The rest took many full work weeks of googling, tutorials, demos, bug fixing, asking for help from coders etc. Once I got to a certain level I started to get offers tfrom coders wanting to upgrade my game so more than half of the super complicated code came from ValidFlorian and other helpful souls.

The only really hard part is consistently working on it and improving. I'd say over 70% of the projects on TFGS are incomplete or abandoned so it goes to show how much work it really is and how hard it is to start something and finish it. As a hobby I recommend it especially if you find it fun. As a job I don't recommend it unless you are okay making well under minimum wage for years until you are able to create something worthwhile and grow an audience. Just keep it simple and fun and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Good luck!

Abnur_tharn

Feb 10, 2019
Transfigure has a new patron update released focusing on the Taylor vs Taylor story branch.

Transfigure .98 Alpha 12500+ words

Taylor Roux2 accidentally starts a shit storm.

-Taylor demonstrates the extent of her powers. (Taylor vs Taylor main branch, imposter variation + “rational” + “Tell her she will have to find her own place” + added ends #44 and #47
-Continued Evan’s “Date Day”
More Evan:p

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
More Evan:p
Yep! Plus I still have about 50 pages in the editing process but I have to move on to other characters and topics for now. I will reopen my commissions page once I am caught up later in the fall.

MarcoPoolo

Dec 22, 2019
I reallz enjoz this game.

But you know what would make this game even better...
A system in place to control my actions with Numbers like in Degrees of Lewdety.

As far as I understood this game, there are many, many different paths at at some point I read many messages and just want to spam different options and rush through the content I already know.

Anyway, keep that awsome work up.

1599756299226.png

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I reallz enjoz this game.

But you know what would make this game even better...
A system in place to control my actions with Numbers like in Degrees of Lewdety.

As far as I understood this game, there are many, many different paths at at some point I read many messages and just want to spam different options and rush through the content I already know.

Anyway, keep that awsome work up.

View attachment 809840
I designed a stat and combat system for Transfigure but it is not completely implemented and I don't think it will make it into the beta either because it doesn't work properly and I wrote ways around it. The one thing I am still torn on is the romantic stats. They are fairly easy to implement and I like having a core narrative that changes based on those stats - that is far easier to do than what I've done by writing all these alt paths. The problem is I've now gone so far away from that stat based area that trying to head back in that direction would be a lot of work. My next games and possible a Transfigure remake will have more thought put into the coding design before I begin since I have more experience this time around.

I am glad you are enjoying the game! Thanks for the comment.

P.S. You can use the 150 save slots and the patron sponsored quickjump menu to skip blocks of content you've already read while still keeping your endings list intact.

Reactions: kaorok
4.30 star(s) 36 Votes