VN Onhold [Translation Progress] MamaxHolic -Atelier Kaguya BARE&BUNNY-

Puretony01

Sep 2, 2021
Well, you try if you want.
Hey Yggdragsill

I'm still translating lines one by one but i think this tool may make my progress flow more easier more efficient I guess.

Just curious I've read through the instructions and this game definetly is 4.0 but for some reason wont pull the text from message.dat?
Running through the command line but only pulls empty script file? Would you be able to break this down further by any chance?

Also having a bit of issue rebuilding the message.dat back using the original msgtool but for some reason adds extra or messes up translations in general (see attached image)?

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
Hey Yggdragsill

I'm still translating lines one by one but i think this tool may make my progress flow more easier more efficient I guess.

Just curious I've read through the instructions and this game definetly is 4.0 but for some reason wont pull the text from message.dat?
Running through the command line but only pulls empty script file? Would you be able to break this down further by any chance?

Also having a bit of issue rebuilding the message.dat back using the original msgtool but for some reason adds extra or messes up translations in general (see attached image)?
In order to get the text out correctly you need to specific the read encoding and to insert the text correctly you also need to specific the read and write encoding
Example:
MsgTool.exe -e sjis message.dat (sjis is shorten for shift-jis and here is read encode)
MsgTool.exe -b sjis sjis message.dat (first sjis is encoding of the .txt file and second one is the write encoding to insert to the game, gbk is the Chinese encoding so that's why it showed those weird characters)

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
Thank you a lot.....can you tell me if there is a way where you can replace a cg with another
Use alptool to convert image in **vrm.arc**(use GARbro to extract it) from .alp to .png and .png back to .alp( remember to remain the json file which keeps the image position info). After that use Link6 tool to create new vrm.arc and overwrite original one

Reactions: Shigokareluv

Shigokareluv

Dec 9, 2020
I'm sorry that I may bother you but I don't know how the tools really work and how I use them. For example the Alp Toll what I should do with this just start the Alp_Tool.exe where do I put the VRM arc file and so on.

1660983250283.png

Puretony01

Sep 2, 2021
In order to get the text out correctly you need to specific the read encoding and to insert the text correctly you also need to specific the read and write encoding
Example:
MsgTool.exe -e sjis message.dat (sjis is shorten for shift-jis and here is read encode)
MsgTool.exe -b sjis sjis message.dat (first sjis is encoding of the .txt file and second one is the write encoding to insert to the game, gbk is the Chinese encoding so that's why it showed those weird characters)
Hey Yggdragsill

Thanks mate, i didnt realise about the gbk being chinese.

Figured another thing out as well which was interesting which may help others, my system is currently set to be in japanese environment aside from display but when run the game normally will still something different in place of the brackets (see attached image now starts with c and ends with v) but when run with locale emulator it actually comes out perfectly.
I'm really curious now as I want to try avoid running with locale emulator, with Voolux's original translation file he didnt need to elevate using locale emulator.

Very interesting.

Last edited:

Puretony01

Sep 2, 2021
Well, you try if you want.
Hey Yggdragsill

Same as other tools command prompt direct to install path of vntextpatch

As per instructions
VNTextPatch extractlocal <folder containing original game files (I definitely put in correct path)> script.xlsx
VNTextPatch insertlocal <folder containing original game files (I definitely put in correct path)> script.xlsx <folder to receive patched game files (I've put in sample path)>

As with previous post have used the first command to extract text but comes out with an error when you try open the extracted spreadsheet file?
With the second command doesnt create a new file at proposed new folder path?

Have you also tested or got this to work as well by any chance?

Last edited:

Puretony01

Sep 2, 2021
Hey Yggdragsill

Thanks mate, i didnt realise about the gbk being chinese.

Figured another thing out as well which was interesting which may help others, my system is currently set to be in japanese environment aside from display but when run the game normally will still something different in place of the brackets (see attached image now starts with c and ends with v) but when run with locale emulator it actually comes out perfectly.
I'm really curious now as I want to try avoid running with locale emulator, with Voolux's original translation file he didnt need to elevate using locale emulator.

Very interesting.
Ah I've figured the issue on this, so I've used a cracked version of the game which throws something off from the displayed wheris if you install the game from the original iso will read properly now.

Puretony01

Sep 2, 2021
Puretony01 watch my guide , also if you insert from xlsx format you need to close excel first
Hey Yggdragsill

I have translated more parts but have hit a slight problem with rebuilding the script xlsx.
I noticed that you deleted the xlsx and edited the json and then after that ran an extra batch file can you elaborate a little on that? The files i've downloaded from arcus did not have any batch files to run.

I've actaully been translating off from the xlsx spreadsheet file how do you rebuild off from that?
Basing the code from arcus
VNTextPatch insertlocal <folder containing original game files> script.xlsx <folder to receive patched game files>

would be
VNTextPatch insertlocal input script.xlsx output?
When i do so in command it makes the new message.dat file but doesnt bring in the translated sections, I'm assuming im not pulling the correct file to read to recreate it due to inputting the incorrect code path?

Last edited:

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
Hey Yggdragsill

I have translated more parts but have hit a slight problem with rebuilding the script xlsx.
I noticed that you deleted the xlsx and edited the json and then after that ran an extra batch file can you elaborate a little on that? The files i've downloaded from arcus did not have any batch files to run.

I've actaully been translating off from the xlsx spreadsheet file how do you rebuild off from that?
Basing the code from arcus
VNTextPatch insertlocal <folder containing original game files> script.xlsx <folder to receive patched game files>

would be
VNTextPatch insertlocal input script.xlsx output?
When i do so in command it makes the new message.dat file but doesnt bring in the translated sections unless im not pulling the correct file to read to create it due to inputting the incorrect code path?
1660994234212.png
You translate like that, vntextpatch will prioritize insert from Edit>TLC>TL. I've included the batch in my comment. Also open VNTextPatch.exe.config to config the word wrap in <add key="MonospaceCharactersPerLine" value="50" />, if you want to force line break use "alt + enter" in excel

Reactions: Puretony01

Puretony01

Sep 2, 2021
View attachment 1994465
You translate like that, vntextpatch will prioritize insert from Edit>TLC>TL. I've included the batch in my comment. Also open VNTextPatch.exe.config to config the word wrap in <add key="MonospaceCharactersPerLine" value="50" />, if you want to force line break use "alt + enter" in excel
A perfect so thats what it was.

Again appreciate the help Yggdragsill this will make things easier to work through now.
Hopefully when this project is complete hope you will enjoy the translated game.

Cheers mate

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Yggdragsill

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
A perfect so thats what it was.

Again appreciate the help Yggdragsill this will make things easier to work through now.
Hopefully when this project is complete hope you will enjoy the translated game.

Cheers mate
Btw why don't you try to batch replace 「」to ""?

Shigokareluv

Dec 9, 2020
First of all thank you for making this video but I have problem.....I follow every step from you but somehow everytime I try to put a commant like Link6 it don't work

1660997985841.png

Puretony01

Sep 2, 2021
Btw why don't you try to batch replace 「」to ""?
Hey Yggdragsill

I initially did do that and i thought i wanted more originality and it sort of seperates the person talking vs talking to yourself if that makes sense?
But thats okay i got this going and in future if anyone wants to have those brackets removed or changed over i can definetly modify later

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
Hey Yggdragsill

I initially did do that and i thought i wanted more originality and it sort of seperates the person talking vs talking to yourself if that makes sense?
But thats okay i got this going and in future if anyone wants to have those brackets removed or changed over i can definetly modify later
alright. My dis: Adrianrhod#0473