RPGM Translation Projects

iCrown24

Oct 14, 2017
Dude a question, I know that you translate some of your games directly from Japanese, how do you do it? Do you know Japanese or do you use a translator?

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
Dude a question, I know that you translate some of your games directly from Japanese, how do you do it? Do you know Japanese or do you use a translator?
Used some MTL when I was making my first translation, but even then I knew both hiragana and katakana.
I don't use any kind of MTL service nowadays, just my textbooks, jisho.org and google to figure out Japanese phraseologisms.
I can give you some links, if you want to start learning it.

iCrown24

Oct 14, 2017
Used some MTL when I was making my first translation, but even then I knew both hiragana and katakana.
I don't use any kind of MTL service nowadays, just my textbooks, jisho.org and google to figure out Japanese phraseologisms.
I can give you some links, if you want to start learning it.
Yeah, i'm interested in learning

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
Yeah, i'm interested in learning
Here are two guides:
the one I used when I started -- ;

Basically the order you'll be learning ideally should be like this
katakana/hiragana -> grammar -> kanji
To start with the first, here's a very useful link that will help you remember kana

In short, it's a memorization game. It comes down to this, when you're able to write all checked kanas without making a mistake, check another row. Don't despair if it's hard at first, people usually learn these alphabets not overnight, but in a week or so.

When it comes to grammar, I can't recommend Tae Kim's book enough. Here's a PDF version of it

I bought it on amazon, I believe it's still available there, if you want a copy.

To learn kanji, you will need to install a program called anki. Practically everything essential is written here
, but I'll just add that there's is an alternative way to learn kanji called heisig method. To sum it up, instead of remembering kanjis you'll be learning radicals these kanjis consist of. It's a pretty controversial method, and from my own experience without his book or at least your own notes it'll be hard to learn kanji using it. Anyways, start off with Core 4k/6k deck recommended in the guide, and then if you feel like it try Heisig method. I think there's an anki deck for it too.

If you have any questions, shoot (here or in PMs).

Last edited:

iCrown24

Oct 14, 2017
Here are two guides:
the one I used when I started -- ;

Basically the order you'll be learning ideally should be like this
katakana/hiragana -> grammar -> kanji
To start with the first, here's a very useful link that will help you remember kana

In short, it's a memorization game. It comes down to this, when you're able to write all checked kanas without making a mistake, check another row. Don't despair if it's hard at first, people usually learn these alphabets not overnight, but in a week or so.

When it comes to grammar, I can't recommend Tae Kim's book enough. Here's a PDF version of it

I bought it on amazon, I believe it's still available there, if you want a copy.

To learn kanji, you will need to install a program called anki. Practically everything essential is written here
, but I'll just add that there's is an alternative way to learn kanji called heisig method. To sum it up, instead of remembering kanjis you'll be learning radicals these kanjis consist of. It's a pretty controversial method, and from my own experience without his book or at least your own notes it'll be hard to learn kanji using it. Anyways, start off with Core 4k/6k deck recommended in the guide, and then if you feel like it try Heisig method. I think there's an anki deck for it too.

If you have any questions, shoot (here or in PMs).
Thanks man, I think this can help me learn. By the way I found this Thread where someone already has Banished Empress and the Penal Colony (another Heisendou game) translated 95% so if you had planned to translate it you no longer have to do it

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
The funny thing is, I'm actually following that thread. There's not that many body paint games in the first place, so MTLing a rare good game with that tag is like a sacrilege.
That said, I don't know when I'll be able to start, I have too much stuff to finish at the moment. But know this I'm very much interested.

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
:cry:
I'm sorry but do I live in the past?
Thanks for your hard work btw
It was the perfect dream, but it's all over now :cry:

Seriosly though, I got real busy at my rl work (among many other things), so a lot of stuff got delayed.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gyoza

PanzerAuthority

May 31, 2018
It was the perfect dream, but it's all over now :cry:

Seriosly though, I got real busy at my rl work (among many other things), so a lot of stuff got delayed.
Thanks a lot for your work bro. If I may ask, when will you be able to let us bask in the glory of the red-haired goddess?

• Hey there
Reactions: Daedroth

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
Thanks a lot for your work bro. If I may ask, when will you be able to let us bask in the glory of the red-haired goddess?
Basically, I have it bar some maps and UI completely translated. There's a but, though.
If you didn't know I erroneously decided to wait for Nujo Majin to release that big update of legends. So I wasted a lot of time translating text dumps in Notepad++. In November I finally realised the error of my ways (I could have already released the translation if I didn't decide to wait) and started putting translated text into the game. I now have three hubs (two villages and adventurers' street, where you slut it up) and an intro translated and functional.
Like most western eroge devs on this site, I can't be trusted when it comes to release dates (if anything, this whole thread is a true testament to that). But it's really close to release.

BasedShigeru

Jun 12, 2020
The funny thing is, I'm actually following that thread. There's not that many body paint games in the first place, so MTLing a rare good game with that tag is like a sacrilege.
That said, I don't know when I'll be able to start, I have too much stuff to finish at the moment. But know this I'm very much interested.
Damn, at least it's on your radar. No rush though, eventually is better than never.

madyo

Sep 12, 2019
im excited to play Red-haired Demon God too, i wish u luck on your work
and take ur time
ill be first to play it when u upload the patch translation to mega, i dont mind checking the game too
to see if there're any unstranslated text

PanzerAuthority

May 31, 2018
Basically, I have it bar some maps and UI completely translated. There's a but, though.
If you didn't know I erroneously decided to wait for Nujo Majin to release that big update of legends. So I wasted a lot of time translating text dumps in Notepad++. In November I finally realised the error of my ways (I could have already released the translation if I didn't decide to wait) and started putting translated text into the game. I now have three hubs (two villages and adventurers' street, where you slut it up) and an intro translated and functional.
Like most western eroge devs on this site, I can't be trusted when it comes to release dates (if anything, this whole thread is a true testament to that). But it's really close to release.
Thank you man, keep it up and no pressure.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gyoza and Daedroth

halobeastman

Dec 27, 2020
Have you checked out ? It might be something that interests you. Lots of live 2d.

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
Have you checked out ? It might be something that interests you. Lots of live 2d.
agree, save it from MTL
I played it, great game, but a lot of foreplay and truly massive amounts of text. I think you need to ask some other dedicated translator, who really loves this game, because with the way I do things it will take me too long to finish it. I'm talking about Kagura-tier delays, a year or more.

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
Also please dont take these trash mtl's to heart. I can imagine it being tilting but you're doing the lords work here.
I don't, really.
After I made that first post that might come off as a bit diva/attention whorish, I went back to the (translation) grind(y) Another plus of doing multiple projects sumultaneously, if you get discouraged by something in regards to one, you can always switch and work on another.

Btw, guys, a completed translation for Vampire Fuck will come out tomorrow. I fnished proofreading the scenes and adjusting the scripts (quests, help menus). A latest updates thread hopefully will also be up tomorrow.

Last edited:

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
Yo. Found your post while reading the drama in the red hair demon thread... And I have to say we have very similar taste in games lmao. Glad I found this, great work!
And about that drama itself... I speak japanese myself and I VERY well know how much of a pain in the ass it is to translate and how much time it consumes (specially if you're not at close to native level on both languages.) All that about it taking a week is some of the stupidiest things I've read on this forum lol.

On a different topic: I downloaded your partial for cuckolding trap and found out that the copy of the game I downloaded is boxed... You don't happen to know which tool I can use to unbox it, do you? xD

• Hey there