RPGM Translation Projects

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
Yo. Found your post while reading the drama in the red hair demon thread... And I have to say we have very similar taste in games lmao. Glad I found this, great work!
And about that drama itself... I speak japanese myself and I VERY well know how much of a pain in the ass it is to translate and how much time it consumes (specially if you're not at close to native level on both languages.) All that about it taking a week is some of the stupidiest things I've read on this forum lol.

On a different topic: I downloaded your partial for cuckolding trap and found out that the copy of the game I downloaded is boxed... You don't happen to know which tool I can use to unbox it, do you? xD
Thanks!
Yeah, don't know where did he pull those numbers from. If you try to make your translations as accurate as possible, it takes a lot of time. Also, sometimes you can't get some sentences or entire sections right. I had to semi-abandon one project because I couldn't find a decent English translation for some terms an author used. There was a lot of archaic kanji related to buddhism. Didn't find anything on jisho, tried to google, but no luck, so had to put it on the shelf.

Use this for unpacking https://f95zone.to/threads/enigma-vb-unpacker-v0-58.10201/
You will need to rename the folder it unpacks to or something for the game to launch. I think the folder had DEFAULT in name.

Reactions: Gyoza and niconob92

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
Thanks!
Yeah, don't know where did he pull those numbers from. If you try to make your translations as accurate as possible, it takes a lot of time. Also, sometimes you can't get some sentences or entire sections right. I had to semi-abandon one project because I couldn't find a decent English translation for some terms an author used. There was a lot of archaic kanji related to buddhism. Didn't find anything on jisho, tried to google, but no luck, so had to put it on the shelf.

Use this for unpacking https://f95zone.to/threads/enigma-vb-unpacker-v0-58.10201/
You will need to rename the folder it unpacks to or something for the game to launch. I think the folder had DEFAULT in name.
Ah seems like I had an outdated version of the enigma unpacker, no wonder it didn't work. Thanks man!

If you have those kanji you were trying to translate at hand I could give it a shot, though I'm not all that good. Can't hurt to try though!

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
If you have those kanji you were trying to translate at hand I could give it a shot, though I'm not all that good. Can't hurt to try though!
Appreciate it! There were some exorcism-related attacks I had trouble with, more on that tomorrow.
And this 淫魔の妖気 also gave me trouble. It's not about a succubus or incubus, just some imp-looking motherfucker. Basically, a cult summond this demon, and because of his emanations/aura/presence/influence they went off the rails and started soliciting minors and not minors into their cult to turn them into cumdumps without their own will. Not sure exactly how to translate 妖気, some variants I came up with don't fit into some sentences. Maybe you will have some suggestions, thanks again!

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
Appreciate it! There were some exorcism-related attacks I had trouble with, more on that tomorrow.
And this 淫魔の妖気 also gave me trouble. It's not about a succubus or incubus, just some imp-looking motherfucker. Basically, a cult summond this demon, and because of his emanations/aura/presence/influence they went off the rails and started soliciting minors and not minors into their cult to turn them into cumdumps without their own will. Not sure exactly how to translate 妖気, some variants I came up with don't fit into some sentences. Maybe you will have some suggestions, thanks again!
Yep, those are pretty hard to translate lmao.
So, 『淫魔』does seem to refer to an incubus. From this article I found, normally it's spelled 夢魔 (which uses the kanji for dream and demon) but it can also be spelled 淫魔.

夢魔(むま 〈インクブス ラテン語: incubus [ˈɪŋ.kʊ.bʊs]、インキュバス Incubus [ˈɪn.kjə.bəs] はラテン語の英語読み〉)は、古代ローマ神話とキリスト教の悪魔の一つ。淫魔(いんま)ともいう。夢の中に現れて性交を行うとされる下級の悪魔。

The second part, 妖気, seems to refer to a suspicious/ominous/unearthly situation:

よう‐き〔エウ‐〕【妖気】
あやしい気配。何か不吉なことが起こりそうな雰囲気。「妖気がただよう屋敷」

However I also found that in anime/manga this term has been used to refer to demonic aura and stuff like that, like in YuYu Hakusho where they use 妖気 to fight and shoot their powers and stuff like that, very much like dragon ball would use 気 (ki).

Now given that there is a の in between those, (inma) 淫魔 would be modifying (youki) 妖気, so it could be Incubus' demonic aura, incubus' demonic spirit, or just maybe incubus' aura. If incubus doesn't really fit maybe Lower demon could work, since incubus are also said to be some form of lower demons.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Iexist and Daedroth

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
Yeah, I would have used incubus too, if the guy didn't look like this
pic6.PNG
He has a green skin in CGs too, and as far as I know, incubi usually depicted as human-like.
Lower demon is excellent suggestion, maybe I will still emphasize that he's affecting the minds of those around him with some epithet.

I had aura in mind too, but couldn't find any references. Looking up obscure kanji is a very grueling task, so huge thanks!

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah, I would have used incubus too, if the guy didn't look like this
View attachment 1548706
He has a green skin in CGs too, and as far as I know, incubi usually depicted as human-like.
Lower demon is excellent suggestion, maybe I will still emphasize that he's affecting the minds of those around him with some epithet.

I had aura in mind too, but couldn't find any references. Looking up obscure kanji is a very grueling task, so huge thanks!
No problem! Feel free to call me if you need help, looking up weird kanji is pretty fun lmao

Reactions: Iexist and Daedroth

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
Updated the OP.
Added a new game I'm working on and a new mega link with the finished translation of VF. I will make a ticket so that mods could create a thread with the pre-patched game tomorrow, have a massive migraine.

Next, I will focus on finishing the translations for A Tale of Two Swords and happypink's game. Both are really close to completion, the former needs some proofreading only, and I need to translate some measly 10 or so maps for the latter. If everything goes well, will release both before the year ends.

FakerLover73

Aug 15, 2021
Updated the OP.
Added a new game I'm working on and a new mega link with the finished translation of VF. I will make a ticket so that mods could create a thread with the pre-patched game tomorrow, have a massive migraine.

Next, I will focus on finishing the translations for A Tale of Two Swords and happypink's game. Both are really close to completion, the former needs some proofreading only, and I need to translate some measly 10 or so maps for the latter. If everything goes well, will release both before the year ends.
Seems like you're getting quite some games done now, which is really nice. Also the game you added as your new project looks very interesting, so I'm hyped you're working on it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Daedroth

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017

TK201299

May 20, 2020
Yo Daedroth, how have you been? I see that you have completely translated Vampire Fuck. Thanks buddy. Keep up the good work(y)

• Hey there
Reactions: Daedroth

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
Yo Daedroth, how have you been? I see that you have completely translated Vampire Fuck. Thanks buddy. Keep up the good work(y)
Hi, really good, finally started releasing what I've been working on.
Yeah, I finished VF. It sure gave me a hard time: not only there were tons of 3rd person sentences in H-scenes, there also was that annoying to deal with quest system. Annoying because text can't go after certain point, it has a small number of rows and it's hard to bugfix/proofread. Spent more time than I should have on making quest text look tidy.
To illustrate my point,
pic20.PNG

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
Just popping in to show my appreciation for the work you put into these translations! It's great that people like myself who can't understand a word of Japanese get to enjoy these great games. With all the MTL being shit out recently, your posts are a breath of fresh air! I'm especially excited for Happy Pink games any and all of them are fantastic! Keep up the great work and at some point next month I will for sure be dropping a few pounds on your patreon to show support. Keep being awesome!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Daedroth and as231

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
Updated OP.
Added a translation patch for Alcummy. Except some script-related stuff, everything should be translated.
I didn't have a chance to playtest it yet, and it's not proofread.
The images with text are translated too, but a couple of them don't look so great.
国境捕獲背景.png 国境捕獲背景.png
Yeaaah... As you can see, didn't know a way to get rid of Japanese text so just put translated text over it. If someone knows a way to do it, help will be appreciated.

Reactions: taksoe123

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
Updated OP.
Added a translation patch for Alcummy. Except some script-related stuff, everything should be translated.
I didn't have a chance to playtest it yet, and it's not proofread.
The images with text are translated too, but a couple of them don't look so great.
View attachment 1564217 View attachment 1564219
Yeaaah... As you can see, didn't know a way to get rid of Japanese text so just put translated text over it. If someone knows a way to do it, help will be appreciated.
How soon do you need that? I tried erasing japanese text a bit I believe I can do it if you give me a few days (since tomorrow is new year and all that, otherwise I could have it ready by tomorrow probably.)
Img.png

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
How soon do you need that? I tried erasing japanese text a bit I believe I can do it if you give me a few days (since tomorrow is new year and all that, otherwise I could have it ready by tomorrow probably.)
Need 5-6 hours to finish proofreading/fix all issues I noticed during playtesting, so will probably release it today.

Don't bother finishing it, that's already more than good enough, especially considering it's for side activity/mini-game. If you don't mind, can I grab your edit, slap english text on it and copy the top part from my image? Really appreciate your help!

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
Need 5-6 hours to finish proofreading/fix all issues I noticed during playtesting, so will probably release it today.

Don't bother finishing it, that's already more than good enough, especially considering it's for side activity/mini-game. If you don't mind, can I grab your edit, slap english text on it and copy the top part from my image? Really appreciate your help!
Alright, can you give me an hour? Also I think I made a mistake and grabbed your img as a jpg instead of a png so the background is all black, if that's a bother I should be able to fix it easily but let me know.
If that's too long feel free to grab the current one if you want.

Daedroth

Modder
Feb 27, 2018
Alright, can you give me an hour? Also I think I made a mistake and grabbed your img as a jpg instead of a png so the background is all black, if that's a bother I should be able to fix it easily but let me know.
Yeah, I noticed it's all black, but I tested it ingame and it doesn't look off. So your call.

>Alright, can you give me an hour?
Sure, I'll just do my thing meanwhile. Thanks again!