Others Complete [Translation Request][Alicesoft] Dohna Dohna Isshou ni Warui Koto wo Shiyou

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
The major downside in anything getting announced and released by (part of dmm, btw) is first the drm (denuvo for literally everything they put out) and second the fact that they will not uncensor these games, they are headquartered in tokyo after all. So if something like this with high sexual content gets released by them, i wonder if there even is a way to uncensor it after the fact, due to the need of cracking the drm first, mostly. And at least with normal games there was always talk about denuvo preventing folks from developing mods for games. Was any of that even ever true?

And yup there was one game they did for, that was pretty funny to behold. We have to keep an eye on their work for sure.

Last edited:

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
The major downside in anything getting announced and released by (part of dmm, btw) is first the drm (denuvo for literally everything they put out) and second the fact that they will not uncensor these games, they are headquartered in tokyo after all. So if something like this with high sexual content gets released by them, i wonder if there even is a way to uncensor it after the fact, due to the need of cracking the drm first, mostly. And at least with normal games there was always talk about denuvo preventing folks from developing mods for games. Was any of that even ever true?

And yup there was one game they did for, that was pretty funny to behold. We have to keep an eye on their work for sure.
My question may sound stupid, so sorry for that. But it's not possible to just take files related to text from translated version and replace them with untranslated, like we did with files shared in this thread? I looked at these files and their size is less than few mb, so they shouldn't contain any images. Or this files also refer to a game code that will prevent the game from working properly?

Reactions: Gasv89

Gasv89

May 8, 2020
Yeah i was gonna talk about this, this translators are known for censoring things and introducing random memes, denuvo malware, etc... so if something happens i will import the dialogues to my patch
It's good to know that, I'm going to keep the original installer of the game that I have just in case, and I'll be waiting to know if something of what you say happens THX!!

noisbrigad

Mar 27, 2021
I might be yelling into the void here, but I strongly encourage everyone to purchase this translation. If they end up censoring it, then pirate the Japanese version and switch out the dialogue patches. But buy it regardless, otherwise we'll never see games like this get translated, and this is a real gem

Enterthefoxhole

Sep 21, 2021
I'm sorry but i don't think that is good for anyone, if we support censored, denuvo, etc... releases they will eventually push further shit, the best we can do is not buy anything from them until they stop doing this things and only support the companies that dont do that.
Censored is the original version of the game and Japanese buyers have to deal with online DRM too. I would prefer uncensored and DRM-Free like Mangagamer, but as long as there isn't any egregious extra censoring then I don't think getting treated the same as Japanese customers is worth boycotting a product.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I might be yelling into the void here, but I strongly encourage everyone to purchase this translation. If they end up censoring it, then pirate the Japanese version and switch out the dialogue patches. But buy it regardless, otherwise we'll never see games like this get translated, and this is a real gem
Not going to put money towards DRM eroge which could lead to more Alicesoft products not being DRM-free and potentially extra censorship. Also, prefer no mosaics or at least an option. I also think the Johren storefront is terrible for most customers. So I am voting with my wallet by not purchasing it.

Dec 18, 2019
Not going to put money towards DRM eroge which could lead to more Alicesoft products not being DRM-free and potentially extra censorship. Also, prefer no mosaics or at least an option. I also think the Johren storefront is terrible for most customers. So I am voting with my wallet by not purchasing it.
it wont work. it would just tell them not to pick more games from alicesoft. censorship happen one time which got backlash and backtracked later on but the head translator guy.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
it wont work. it would just tell them not to pick more games from alicesoft. censorship happen one time which got backlash and backtracked later on but the head translator guy.
I don't want them to do more Alicesoft, I rather Alicesoft self-publish or keep using MangaGamer, not Shiravune which is why I bought Rance 01+02 again with the physical release when I already have it on MangaGamer and bought Evenicle again today on GOG despite having it on Steam, MangaGamer and a physical copy already and won't be buying Dohna Dohna or any other Alicesoft titles Shiravune release. Shiravune and by extension DMM have a bunch of money I doubt this will hit them hard like it would smaller publishers like Sekai Project, MangaGamer, and Nekonyan anyways. I am just one person so it doesn't matter, people will just buy Dohna Dohna even with the Denuvo and even if they do end up censoring something. Buying it doesn't mean no more Alicesoft titles when MangaGamer is still showing interest and Alicesoft testing self-publishing, it would just mean Shiravune may not see it worth the effort. Buying it actively means you are okay with their DRM practices and ok with their store which people have trouble purchasing on. Also, if you care about having no mosaics in these Japanese games, buying it means you are okay with the mosaics being present since Shiravune and Alicesoft publishing these titles means the mosaics must stay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toloto and ananzaxd

noisbrigad

Mar 27, 2021
I don't want them to do more Alicesoft, I rather Alicesoft self-publish or keep using MangaGamer, not Shiravune which is why I bought Rance 01+02 again with the physical release when I already have it on MangaGamer and bought Evenicle again today on GOG despite having it on Steam, MangaGamer and a physical copy already and won't be buying Dohna Dohna or any other Alicesoft titles Shiravune release. Shiravune and by extension DMM have a bunch of money I doubt this will hit them hard like it would smaller publishers like Sekai Project, MangaGamer, and Nekonyan anyways. I am just one person so it doesn't matter, people will just buy Dohna Dohna even with the Denuvo and even if they do end up censoring something. Buying it doesn't mean no more Alicesoft titles when MangaGamer is still showing interest and Alicesoft testing self-publishing, it would just mean Shiravune may not see it worth the effort. Buying it actively means you are okay with their DRM practices and ok with their store which people have trouble purchasing on. Also, if you care about having no mosaics in these Japanese games, buying it means you are okay with the mosaics being present since Shiravune and Alicesoft publishing these titles means the mosaics must stay.
I'd rather have mosaics in a game that I think is genuinely great instead of not having the game at all and then it failing commercially, and then giving them reason not to take chances on more obscure games. I can deal with pixelated scenes, especially if there's a fairly simple work around for it

Last edited:
Reactions: HunterSeeker

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I'd rather have mosaics in a game that I think is genuinely great instead of not having the game at all and then it failing commercially, and then giving them reason not to take chances on more obscure games. I can deal with pixelated scenes, especially if there's a fairly simple work around for it
I can accept mosaics, which is why I was willing to bite the bullet with Alicesoft self-publishing, but DRM, Johren and extra censorship being up in the air, I rather not have them continue these practices and not fix or change them. I mentioned mosaics because many people are very passionate about them evident in the reactions to Evenicle 2 and its clear we could get completely uncensored Alicesoft games in English but not if Japanese companies like Alicesoft or Shiravune are the ones publishing them. You are heavily underestimating the popularity of Alicesoft within the eroge community outside Japan and overestimating the impact of this title within this present context. Evenicle was a huge hit with the Steam release and just released on GOG with solid marketing and on the front page. Evenicle did so good Alicesoft wanted to self-publish the sequel themselves. The Rance series has consistently sold well for MangaGamer. Any Alicesoft releases in English would have a solid backing. Shiravune isn't going on a whim and chose to take a huge risk with this at least not to the same degree of it mattering for most other publishers. They are a branch of DMM, DMM having billions of dollars and many connections within the eroge industry in Japan and is why they can snatch up licenses that intervene with previous partnerships and release products without caring much about how poorly they may sell. Even if Dohna Dohna doesn't meet expectations, that is not going to stop the several other publishers or even Shiravune themselves from localizing these eroge. It surely will not stop Alicesoft from doing so. At worse, it will mean Shiravune will be hesitant about licensing from Alicesoft and how they approach Johren exclusives and maybe this will push them to actually improve the storefront. And Alicesoft will likely not want to sell only on Johren and will try to do multi-platform releases to push as many sales as possible.

Last edited:

RunningFurniture

Mar 4, 2019
I can accept mosaics, which is why I was willing to bite the bullet with Alicesoft self-publishing, but DRM, Johren and extra censorship being up in the air, I rather not have them continue these practices and not fix or change them. I mentioned mosaics because many people are very passionate about them evident in the reactions to Evenicle 2 and its clear we could get completely uncensored Alicesoft games in English but not if Japanese companies like Alicesoft or Shiravune are the ones publishing them. You are heavily underestimating the popularity of Alicesoft within the eroge community outside Japan and overestimating the impact of this title within this present context. Evenicle was a huge hit with the Steam release and just released on GOG with solid marketing and on the front page. Evenicle did so good Alicesoft wanted to self-publish the sequel themselves. The Rance series has consistently sold well for MangaGamer. Any Alicesoft releases in English would have a solid backing. Shiravune isn't going on a whim and chose to take a huge risk with this at least not to the same degree of it mattering for most other publishers. They are a branch of DMM, DMM having billions of dollars and many connections within the eroge industry in Japan and is why they can snatch up licenses that intervene with previous partnerships and release products without caring much about how poorly they may sell. Even if Dohna Dohna doesn't meet expectations, that is not going to stop the several other publishers or even Shiravune themselves from localizing these eroge. It surely will not stop Alicesoft from doing so. At worse, it will mean Shiravune will be hesitant about licensing from Alicesoft and how they approach Johren exclusives and maybe this will push them to actually improve the storefront. And Alicesoft will likely not want to sell only on Johren and will try to do multi-platform releases to push as many sales as possible.
then what do we do?

• Sad
Reactions: NeZKyMaN

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
then what do we do?
Do whatever you want, if you want to pay for it do so. I just don't want to support Shiravune at this point in time until they improve, especially when it comes to an Alicesoft title, a developer I am heavily invested in. I personally do not want to keep dealing with Denuvo and Johren exclusivity for future releases when I believe Johren is not a good storefront and they are pushing exclusivity with little sign of improvement. While I am willing to budge on the mosaics debate, I do know many Alicesoft fans feel strongly about it, and that is also on my mind if Shiravune does more localizations.

Reactions: Ughwhy

Ughwhy

Jun 12, 2019
Do whatever you want, if you want to pay for it do so. I just don't want to support Shiravune at this point in time until they improve, especially when it comes to an Alicesoft title, a developer I am heavily invested in. I personally do not want to keep dealing with Denuvo and Johren exclusivity for future releases when I believe Johren is not a good storefront and they are pushing exclusivity with little sign of improvement. While I am willing to budge on the mosaics debate, I do know many Alicesoft fans feel strongly about it, and that is also on my mind if Shiravune does more localizations.
While I do like to support people where I can... I'mma keep it real, there's a reason I use this site! I'm broke as fuck!

Reactions: HunterSeeker

DMNDCE

Jun 14, 2017
I got excited when I saw the news. Until I saw who was doing it. Well lets just hope the translation can be applied to the JP version at least.