Others Complete [Translation Request][Alicesoft] Dohna Dohna Isshou ni Warui Koto wo Shiyou

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
i will updoad the file i am working on from now on evry time i worked on it ( dohnadohnaEx.ex )
you can use the file or just copy past some stuf that are stil untranslated in your file :p ( if ther are any )

if i am unsure about a translation i leave it open for later
i will make sure i am online on f95zone when i am working on it ^^

i am kinda slow you can say screwed up a lot of time ^^
anyway i ran into 1 problem the damn names are to long they are overlaping look at pic below
i had this problem befor in goblin burrow but ther i could just move the names by lowering or increasing the numbers ( position ) next to the name
in this game it doesnt seem to move even 1mm....i dont whant to shorten the names just saying^^
2020-12-19 (3).png
i look into it tomorow goodnight ^^
ps i translated all over the place just saying

Last edited:

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
I'm gonna look for a copy of version 1.01 for now just to make sure of version compatability.
Up: No luck finding.
On another note, does someone have a copy of AinDecompiler? I can't seem to find an existing link to it now that hongfire is dead.
Would appreciate the help ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
I'm gonna look for a copy of version 1.01 for now just to make sure of version compatability.
Up: No luck finding.
On another note, does someone have a copy of AinDecompiler? I can't seem to find an existing link to it now that hongfire is dead.
Would appreciate the help ^^
You mean this ?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Eraea

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
You mean this ?

Thanks for that, dunno why github links didn't show on my google search..
Bad news though, It didn't seem to work with this version of Sys4 used here.
Would have been extremely useful if it was able to open it and decompile the .jaf files.

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
if i open this file whit GARbro i pretty mutch see a whole difrent file 14 maps whit difrent names like adv. title. home. member. worker and so on whit files that i can`t extract (file Name.pactex) at least i dont know how
.pactex files are what alice-tools unpacks as .ex files. The .jaf correspond name by name to .pactex so they are probably the same. And .x files are decoded textual representation of .ex. Alice-tools just fails to decrypt paths and filenames from AFAv3 format currently and substitutes them with numbers. (For example Scene\00_Component\Common\Footer\Footer.pactex = 4.ex)
So basically to mod them you need to unpack them from afa, decode them first with alice ex dump -o 4.x 4.ex, edit the decoded file, then rebuild .x back to .ex with alice ex build -o 4.ex 4.x command and either use filename that GARBro generated and pack with ALDExplorer or use alice-tools, I don't get how to do the latter for .ex format though even if .

Last edited:

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
.pactex files are what alice-tools unpacks as .ex files. The .jaf correspond name by name to .pactex so they are probably the same. And .x files are decoded textual representation of .ex. Alice-tools just fails to decrypt paths and filenames from AFAv3 format currently and substitutes them with numbers. (For example Scene\00_Component\Common\Footer\Footer.pactex = 4.ex)
So basically to mod them you need to unpack them from afa, decode them first with alice ex dump -o 4.x 4.ex, edit the decoded file, then rebuild .x back to .ex with alice ex build -o 4.ex 4.x command and either use filename that GARBro generated and pack with ALDExplorer or use alice-tools, I don't get how to do the latter for .ex format though even if .
Thank you very much for all the info! I'll test stuff out and see what I can do with this, hopefully we find the UI stuff now lol

Update:
No luck on the pact .ex files yet but I'm just hopping through files for now.
Tried using linebreaks on the names, it kind of fixed them on the small menus but it's broken on the profile screen this time lol

1608361173450.png
1608362325254.png

Last edited:

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
Thank you very much for all the info! I'll test stuff out and see what I can do with this, hopefully we find the UI stuff now lol

Update:
No luck on the pact .ex files yet but I'm just hopping through files for now.
Tried using linebreaks on the names, it kind of fixed them on the small menus but it's broken on the profile screen this time lol

View attachment 946709
View attachment 946720
Thank you for looking into it :D

I try some things later if I can move the name a bit to the right i think it should be fixed

seems like you can only move the name to the left side

also after what Surgy sayd i tried one more time but the problem pretty mutch stays the same or its more like the what i did the problem is alice tools renames them to numbers so here i belief it already fails i also get a error evry time i try to build it agen ( even whit the files that have the same names )

for GARbro yes it extracts the files whit names and you can extract them further whit alice-tools here but now comes the problem getting them back :D
if you take all the files and put them back whit ALDxplorer you get a error in the game 1 simple reason the game cant find the files back because in the original files it is marked in all kinds of difrent folders like Scene/00_Component/Common/hintballon.pactex if i can make new folders inside the afa file and then place all these files back in the correct order i can make this work i belief but as long as i cant place them as they wher i have no idea how to do it ^^

and here is todays file worked on it a little bit ^^

update file fixed my mistakes that would break the game

Last edited:

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Until we get a proper unpacker-repacker for the Pact.afa file, we'll just have to stick with what we know can be modifed.
Modifiable parts I know of are:
Images (dohnadohnaCG.afa)
Status screens (dohnadohnaEx.ex)
--Character names
--Profile Descriptions
--Weapon Names
--Skill Names
--Weapon Descriptions
Enemy names (dohnadohnaEx.ex)
Prostitutes (dohnadohnaEx.ex)
--Names *they are composed by single randomly picked characters from a list so I think it's hard to translate their names*
--Personality traits
Customers (dohnadohnaEx.ex)
--Profile traits
--Presents/Bonuses
--Preferred Prostitute personality
Episode Start text (dohnadohna.ain via code dump)
Event Textboxes
--Speaking character name (dohnadohna.ain via code dump)
--Dialogue text (dohnadohna.ain via text dump)
I've tried modifying the Speaking character names on textboxes using text dumps, but even clearing the semi-colons on lines that matter seem to not work. Maybe it's just me, but anyone's welcome to try.
Btw Shiro, can you tell me how you opened the fnl font file? I'd like to replace the fonts on the tutorial and menu screens that I translated over to the game's fonts

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
Until we get a proper unpacker-repacker for the Pact.afa file, we'll just have to stick with what we know can be modifed.
Modifiable parts I know of are:

I've tried modifying the Speaking character names on textboxes using text dumps, but even clearing the semi-colons on lines that matter seem to not work. Maybe it's just me, but anyone's welcome to try.
Btw Shiro, can you tell me how you opened the fnl font file? I'd like to replace the fonts on the tutorial and menu screens that I translated over to the game's fonts
Surgy told me about this ^^
Alice-tools have a hidden command line parameter fnl dump to dump them
so an Example : alice fnl dump dohnadohnaFont.fnl

like that sorry kinda forgot how i did it ^^

ps exporting them takes a while around 8-15 min and yes i already deleted them tought we woulnd need them anymore

ps i have no idea how you put them back just saying i only know how to extract them maybe ther is also a hidden comand for that

Last edited:

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Surgy told me about this ^^
Alice-tools have a hidden command line parameter fnl dump to dump them
so an Example : alice fnl dump dohnadohnaFont.fnl

like that sorry kinda forgot how i did it ^^

ps exporting them takes a while around 8-15 min and yes i already deleted them tought we woulnd need them anymore

ps i have no idea how you put them back just saying i only know how to extract them maybe ther is also a hidden comand for that
Thanks! I just need the fonts and figure out stuff from there

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
so, is there any point to me running the automated MTL of the ain file anymore or did someone else start doing a more custom translation of it?
Nah, I'm just locating the stuff that actually affects the game so any translating progress won't be obstructed while we wait for translations. I mean it would suck when we get the translations then we couldn't figure out where to replace the stuff properly right?
And in my experience, most of the stuff I changed via text dumps using alice-tools never seem to work in changing words in game, just some messages and the dialog text only. Displayed names seem to be affected when modified through code dumps too, stuff like that is what I'm doing. ^^

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Alright, so I'm trying to repack images I edited via ALDExplorer2. Now I have this problem where some original file formats are in .pcf and .ajp which doesn't seem to be supported/recognized as an image file by it.

Though I've been successful in replacing the status windows as seen below, its just that two tutorial images are in .pcf format so I'm skeptic whether if just changing the file format would work or something. (also ALDExplorer crashing everytime when loading a lot of stuff has me work all over again :mad::mad:)

Would appreciate any help/suggestion to solve this problem :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
Alright, so I'm trying to repack images I edited via ALDExplorer2. Now I have this problem where some original file formats are in .pcf and .ajp which doesn't seem to be supported/recognized as an image file by it.

Though I've been successful in replacing the status windows as seen below, its just that two tutorial images are in .pcf format so I'm skeptic whether if just changing the file format would work or something. (also ALDExplorer crashing everytime when loading a lot of stuff has me work all over again :mad::mad:)

Would appreciate any help/suggestion to solve this problem :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Take the afa file from the game extract evrything as it is in a folder

Now delete the files you whant to replace i always copy the img files in ther and delete evrything whit the same name that is not png

Now make a new folder and in that folder make some new folder called pcf. Ajp and the rest of the file types I belief it 2 more and place the files in ther by file type

( you can drop them in thee folder faster if you push the button from windows to sort time on file type so you can select evrything in 1 go ^^ )

Now create a new afa v2 whit ALDEXPLORER now import it by file type so first you import all ajp and then you import pcf and so on so it doesn't think you are importing the same file type

( in short import them by file type and keep the files as they where make sure you don't convert the old files )

Last edited:

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
I still don't get it man... Sorry.
Here's the problem btw
1608478090341.png
As you can see, 3 of the original tutorial images are recognized by both GARBro and ALDExplorer2 as .pcf archive files. I just don't know how I would replace these ^^

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
Take the afa file from the game extract evrything as it is in a folder

Now delete the files you whant to replace i always copy the img files in ther and delete evrything whit the same name that is not png

Now make a new folder and in that folder make some new folder called pcf. Ajp and the rest of the file types I belief it 2 more and place the files in ther by file type

Now create a new afa v2 whit ALDEXPLORER now import it by file type so first you import all ajp and then you import pcf and so on so it doesn't think you are importing the same file type
I still don't get it man... Sorry.
Here's the problem btw
View attachment 948808
As you can see, 3 of the original tutorial images are recognized by both GARBro and ALDExplorer2 as .pcf archive files. I just don't know how I would replace these ^^
Tell me what you did xd

Export evrything from the original game file and pick the option when exporting AS IS now delete all the files whit the same name as your png ( the files you whant to replace ) qnd then follow my steps agen

Whant me to do it for you ?

I do it later when I get behind my pc ^^

• Red Heart
Reactions: Eraea

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
Well this happened.

I'm about to pass out kek
Excuse the vid quality I just wanted to share the moment haha
Anyways I am still finding the code to modify line spacing for character names so we can add line breaks to those with long names when translated ^^
WHAHAHAH YOU DID IT AMAZING XD I LOVE YOU MATE :D

thank you so mutch so glad you found it :D

ps it looks realy good and if you cant fix the name just leave it as it was it better then the name trough the description :D

Reactions: James Eveleth