RPGM [Translation Request] [Blue Mage Luna] ~Genius Mage and Legendary Mage~ [Doujin Circle Gyu!]

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Yeah link dead
Also gofile is fine.
Give me some time I will reup. Gofile has a hard delete period I think of like 30 days so I will probably switch mirrors to something; except MEGA. I hate MEGA it is too much of a pain in the ass to maintain links. Your links get delete quick and It is annoying to keep having to make accounts for it.

Links:

-

Last edited:

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Game can be MTool'd, as expected from the game dev, H-Scenes would take a while to get.

Interestingly in the same world of Knights of Messiah, and interestingly seems like the Love Route is canon, or is it?
(I think that it is still vague lel).

Nevertheless the H-Scenes are acquired faster than in Knights of Messiah (which took a long while iirc lel) though
have never seen a Human enemy yet. (I blame my probably dying PC who keeps restarting for some reason and sometimes corrupting my save files lel.)

jasterx17

May 20, 2019
Game can be MTool'd, as expected from the game dev, H-Scenes would take a while to get.

Interestingly in the same world of Knights of Messiah, and interestingly seems like the Love Route is canon, or is it?
(I think that it is still vague lel).

Nevertheless the H-Scenes are acquired faster than in Knights of Messiah (which took a long while iirc lel) though
have never seen a Human enemy yet. (I blame my probably dying PC who keeps restarting for some reason and sometimes corrupting my save files lel.)
do you need pay version of MTool to translate it all or can the free one do it.

Reactions: Zellgoddess

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
do you need pay version of MTool to translate it all or can the free one do it.
IMO it's playable even with free version, though you'd probably would be trying your luck when buying skills since they are not translated. Not really played much, just cleared two dungeons but so far it wasn't that hard advancing, H-Scene ones are straight-forward, talk with an NPC or go to a Sex Service Shop, have the needed H-stats and/or in exhibitionist mode for some and you can view them, NPC and Enemies with stars in their name should have some special H-Scenes I think (Not sure about NPCs but getting defeated when an Enemy has a Star in the name does).

Edit: This is actually a comment for https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...n-rpg-amedenpas-workshop.139122/post-10518466 :KEK:

As for Blue Mage Luna, afair there aren't untranslated stuff I can remember besides some in the H-Status screen which is common nowadays (They probably come in picture format so the text can be easily 'fitted' or 'placed correctly' instead of just 'typing' it in the codes since long lines can either mess up the format if they take more lines thus spacing gets adjusted manually and thus can result in uneven or not in intended'space' where the text should be, while changing text size would make the others smaller too if all are adjusted, or look weird, if the long line is the only one smaller.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
IMO it's playable even with free version, though you'd probably would be trying your luck when buying skills since they are not translated.
Hmm.. strange that skills of all things would not translate. Are they using an image for them? honestly haven't touch much of this game besides checking it is the lastest version and it isn't a virus when I uploaded it. Just seeing this made me incredibly curious as to why they wouldn't translate. I may have to look into that.

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Hmm.. strange that skills of all things would not translate. Are they using an image for them? honestly haven't touch much of this game besides checking it is the lastest version and it isn't a virus when I uploaded it. Just seeing this made me incredibly curious as to why they wouldn't translate. I may have to look into that.
Actually, dunno, just speculating because I was using the public version XD
Well, to be more specific, it's when you are buying skills with skill points, the items themselves (that you equip so you can use skills) are translated, iirc, I should recheck just in case.

Reactions: Silentce

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Actually, dunno, just speculating because I was using the public version XD
Well, to be more specific, it's when you are buying skills with skill points, the items themselves (that you equip so you can use skills) are translated, iirc, I should recheck just in case.
It is probably an image as in most cases. I don't know much about MTOOL because I don't use it much but I doubt it would not translate some parts of text for some random reason. Not something that dev can lock behind a paywall like wordwrap. Shame he didn't just code his tool like the unity ones that wouldn't require him to manage a server. But I guess that was deliberate so he could make bank. Tangents aside I will check it out later if you don't :)

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
It is probably an image as in most cases. I don't know much about MTOOL because I don't use it much but I doubt it would not translate some parts of text for some random reason. Not something that dev can lock behind a paywall like wordwrap. Shame he didn't just code his tool like the unity ones that wouldn't require him to manage a server. But I guess that was deliberate so he could make bank. Tangents aside I will check it out later if you don't :)
Thought so too... would recheck just in-case but that is highly likely the case, since there's too much of them not translated.
I mean I think some stuffs that aren't translated are indeed behind paywall (some text not really being fully translated, just a part of)
like this for example
Not fully translated.png
but this ones are fully untranslated.
Skill shop.png

So yeah, as someone who tried a few times translating (and failing miserably everytime), I too think it's either the untranslated stuffs are in the scripts that other translating medium like Translator++ also don't translate at times (or breaks the game because it does), or it's a picture. But since the former is highly unlikely with MTools, so I just assumes they uses pictures for those, like most RPGMV games nowadays.

Also just realized if you try to buy skills it still have translated description below like this.
Skill description.png
If people are wondering how to know their skill level and somehow miss this, it's here:
Skill Lv Confirmation.png

What game version is the one in your link btw?
Anyways... can you give me some sites where I can dl untranslated h-games? XD Hentaibedta became a no-go after Zippy went down (You will be missed Zippy :cry:)

Edit: Fck, I reinstalled and recopied mtools and save just to realized my save files got corrupted :FacePalm:

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Thought so too... would recheck just in-case but that is highly likely the case, since there's too much of them not translated.
I mean I think some stuffs that aren't translated are indeed behind paywall (some text not really being fully translated, just a part of)
like this for example
View attachment 2538831
but this ones are fully untranslated.
View attachment 2538835

So yeah, as someone who tried a few times translating (and failing miserably everytime), I too think it's either the untranslated stuffs are in the scripts that other translating medium like Translator++ also don't translate at times (or breaks the game because it does), or it's a picture. But since the former is highly unlikely with MTools, so I just assumes they uses pictures for those, like most RPGMV games nowadays.

Also just realized if you try to buy skills it still have translated description below like this.
View attachment 2538837
If people are wondering how to know their skill level and somehow miss this, it's here:
View attachment 2538843

What game version is the one in your link btw?
Anyways... can you give me some sites where I can dl untranslated h-games? XD Hentaibedta became a no-go after Zippy went down (You will be missed Zippy :cry:)

Edit: Fck, I reinstalled and recopied mtools and save just to realized my save files got corrupted :FacePalm:
Version 2.15 is what I have. Also I generally check hentai-sharing.net and animesharing.net for JP h-games. I usually don't have to go further then that. If however you are looking for faster links I would look at otomi-games.com. They have the most generous links mirrors of all the sites. Actually use Anonfile and workupload instead of the usual Rapidgator and Mexashare bullshit.

Also I know some of the screenshots you posted. the first one that is a plugin. The text is usually a comment so MTool would ignore them. MTL software does. the others are either images or just other obscurely coded variables of plugins.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Khaitoh

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Looking at the skill purchasing screen it looks like an image to me on second look.

Im pretty sure it's learning_description1-6 but haven't looked too hard. just assuming

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
There's no paywalls on the 'base' TL 'results' by the way.
The only real paywalled feature on the actual translation is not 'what' it does/doesn't translate (it makes no sense that the TL result would 'exclude' items/skills in random parts of the game such as stores ... because paywall).

It IS however primarily the volume it allows you to TL with the tool, which increases with each increasing supporter level (e.g. the more you pay, the bigger the games you get to TL).
There's some other stuff behind the paywall of course, like different engines or in-app updates 'n stuff like that.

But basically ... the base TL features with the same settings (same engine 'n such) will offer you the same result whether you're using the paid license or otherwise.

Anyway, the tool generally does a much better job than TL++ and often picks up strings that are often hidden away in scripts (without always breaking the game in 500 ways).
But games that go far in 'designing' the UI tend to use a lot of images, even just in menus, which of course ... can't be TL'd via an MTL tool.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
There's no paywalls on the 'base' TL 'results' by the way.
The only real paywalled feature on the actual translation is not 'what' it does/doesn't translate (it makes no sense that the TL result would 'exclude' items/skills in random parts of the game such as stores ... because paywall).
Exactly. It is not something that a translation API would "conciously" (or as conciously as a script is capable of being) do. I mentioned that previously but how I worded it might of been misleading.

Not something that dev can lock behind a paywall like wordwrap.
I admit that could of been worded a lot better.

Not totally certain why developers choose to draw images intstead of just coding the menu. Seems like less of a hassle to me and easier if you want to localize. I guess that is the crux of it though; Many of them don't want to localize or care to. I could spend all day trying to theorize why people do what they do but that is a waste of time.

My personal opinions about MTool aside, I also agree that T++ is a piece of shit that should be avoided. At least the stupid batch translation BS :ROFLMAO:

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Exactly. It is not something that a translation API would "conciously" (or as conciously as a script is capable of being) do. I mentioned that previously but how I worded it might of been misleading.

I admit that could of been worded a lot better.

Not totally certain why developers choose to draw images intstead of just coding the menu. Seems like less of a hassle to me and easier if you want to localize. I guess that is the crux of it though; Many of them don't want to localize or care to. I could spend all day trying to theorize why people do what they do but that is a waste of time.

My personal opinions about MTool aside, I also agree that T++ is a piece of shit that should be avoided. At least the stupid batch translation BS :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, once I discovered MTools, T++ seems obsolete, too lazy to study how to edit the Translated text though but overall, a lot better than T++ who can take a while unpacking stuffs and whatever, translating stuffs, injecting the translations, just to break the game XD

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Yeah, once I discovered MTools, T++ seems obsolete, too lazy to study how to edit the Translated text though but overall, a lot better than T++ who can take a while unpacking stuffs and whatever, translating stuffs, injecting the translations, just to break the game XD
My personal opinion on MTool is that it's a great piece of kit. It's pretty much a straight up replacement and even improvement on 99% of all auto/bulk MTL'd games.
Auto TL++ has a high chance of breaking the game in random, immediate OR not immediately obvious ways. MTool generally just works and rarely introduces random bugs.

Sure, I've had games where the tool straight up doesn't work, basically just crashes the game or ends up with no text or something instead and that's not ideal. But it's an actively maintained application, so for most new games a fix will show up sooner rather than later if you report it on the dev's Discord.
Dunno about a free user, but certainly for the patrons it gets checked out.

I'd pick a RAW + MTool over any SVS MTL any day of any week for example.

That being said, it obviously can't match up to properly, manually localized works.
And as mentioned, sometimes a dev just gets totally out of control with the image-based text, rendering any MTL tool useless.
I could imagine why some might wanna do it in certain menus (to make it look fancy must be easier with images, including the text), but I've seen it used in various illogical ways as well, where it's like 'why dude why? it barely even looks different from just text'.
Though games that are 'heavy on the image-based text' also tend to be a pain to manually TL, which doesn't make those appealing for individual TL's doing this on the side.

The fact that he wants to get some monetization out of his work is also wholly understandable I would say. I wouldn't be surprised if it's his full-time job by now.
The 'free' tool version is overall fairly competent and doesn't introduce 'annoyances' (like watermarks or just TL the first 100 words and such), so it's still a lot less predatory than many commercial software tools that offer 'free trials' or something like that.

Anyway, this turned into a bit long of a rant, but anyway ... if you're not an anti-MTL grammar police activist ... I'm a fan of what the dev has accomplished here.
It's allowed me access to many games I otherwise never would've had access to (but also a few times I've ended up playing a game with the tool that ended up with an official localization afterwards, which kind of sucks then ... especially if the official release is an uncensored one from say Kagura).

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
IMO it's playable even with free version, though you'd probably would be trying your luck when buying skills since they are not translated. Not really played much, just cleared two dungeons but so far it wasn't that hard advancing, H-Scene ones are straight-forward, talk with an NPC or go to a Sex Service Shop, have the needed H-stats and/or in exhibitionist mode for some and you can view them, NPC and Enemies with stars in their name should have some special H-Scenes I think (Not sure about NPCs but getting defeated when an Enemy has a Star in the name does).
Lol I just realized I posted the pics for https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...n-rpg-amedenpas-workshop.139122/post-10518466 in here instead lel.

I confused the two threads I was viewing lelelel.

I could imagine why some might wanna do it in certain menus (to make it look fancy must be easier with images, including the text), but I've seen it used in various illogical ways as well, where it's like 'why dude why? it barely even looks different from just text'.
First, I think so that their games aren't easily translated, second (or should I say actually the first reason most do so), is text spacing.
It's easier to position a text in an image and adjust it, than 'code' the text and trying this and that code so the text is positioned correctly. Not to mention most stuffs position is coded by group and thus would mostly affect the position of other text in the same group which is a pain.

For example, it's easier to fit a text on a whole pic if you edit the text to it and just drag and adjust the text box (like in photoshop) instead of putting text over it and adjusting positioning and text size (like in Microsoft Word).

But yeah, most of it is for aesthetic purpose in the end, to make it more presentable.

Last edited: