Others [Translation request] DominancE

Marie Mamiya

Aug 14, 2017
I've done just past the 4th scene now. Updated attached. I'd say it's around 6-8% done. View attachment 324099

No problem any help would be appreciated. I'm working through it piece meal at a time.
I'm mostly need people to test if it's working okay and for the translation having a good enough quality and flow.
(My grammar might be iffy.) :whistle:
So any feedback atleast will let me know if I'm on the right tracks.

The only reason I might hitaus on this is if I think the two new Empress games are worth doing with a higher priorty due to them being more to my preference, but I won't know that till next month.
Thank you for your hard work! :love:

Reactions: Murderous Int

Murderous Int

Oct 15, 2018
This week the update is only one very short scene (Johnny getting the shit kicked out of him), I had mostly world building and character building stuff to translate.

Do note an issue with textreactor and the hook for this game the translation is using:
I have a piece of text from a hook that is the same |ORIG|「は、はい……」|BECOMES|[Makoto]"Yes, yes..."|END| but have an alternative version said at a different part of the script |ORIG|「は、はい……」|BECOMES|[Johnny]"Yes, yes..."|END| It will only display the later when in use due to the ORIG being the same.
So do note this and there is no fix right now in textreactor, but I need to keep the names for if when someone hacks the game to input the script they will have the names and required line information.

Also thanks for the likes, it keeps me going that I'm not just doing this in vain.

Last edited:

Murderous Int

Oct 15, 2018
Okay this week is another 2 scenes. 7 out of 64...

No update next week, wanna spend some proper time playing and enjoying the new releases.

Was thinking of doing a poll with this, Great Deceiver, Kisaku-tachi.
The other two would take about 3 months each to do. But I'm also thinking due to them being small they have a higher chance of getting picked up.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Marie Mamiya

Aug 14, 2017
Okay this week is another 2 scenes. 7 out of 64...
View attachment 333522

No update next week, wanna spend some proper time playing and enjoying the new releases.

Was thinking of doing a poll with this, Great Deceiver, Kisaku-tachi.
The other two would take about 3 months each to do. But I'm also thinking due to them being small they have a higher chance of getting picked up.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, a lot of people would like to see Great Deceiver translated

Reactions: Scimitar15

Murderous Int

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah, a lot of people would like to see Great Deceiver translated
I've ripped the script for the whole game, it's only around 5000-6000 lines. Which is 1/3rd longer than what I've already done on DominancE.
My biggest concern is that it will get picked up since it's a small game and not that bad with its more extreme content, but I guess even then they will still need a bit of time to bring it to a actual release. I'd guess between 6-months to a year.

The game is now out in the wild and more people have had a chance to play it so I will leave a poll, and let people pick what they would most like to see:

I'll check it in a week (Following Monday) to know what direction people want more overall.

Last edited:

Marie Mamiya

Aug 14, 2017
I've ripped the script for the whole game, it's only around 5000-6000 lines. Which is 1/3rd longer than what I've already done on DominancE.
My biggest concern is that it will get picked up since it's a small game and not that bad with its more extreme content, but I guess even then they will still need a bit of time to bring it to a actual release. I'd guess between 6-months to a year.

The game is now out in the wild and more people have had a chance to play it so I will leave a poll, and let people pick what they would most like to see:

I'll check it in a week (Following Monday) to know what direction people want more overall.
Share the info in Starless thread

Murderous Int

Oct 15, 2018
Ouch it's a stalemate between Great Deceiver and DominancE. Thank you to those that voted.
I at least know both games are worth doing.
I'll work through GD with it being the shorter game, but I will get back to DominancE ASAP.
I've attached one ending route if anyone wants to help speed things up.
I'll give you a updated once I've done the first section of the game. (est.1-2weeks)

Last edited:

Marie Mamiya

Aug 14, 2017
Ouch it's a stalemate between Great Deceiver and DominancE. Thank you to those that voted.
I'll work through GD with it being the shorter game, but I will get back to DominancE ASAP.
I'll give you a updated once I've done the first section of the game. (est.1-2weeks)
Thank you so much! We will wait for the final one

Reactions: Murderous Int

Fleep

Jul 16, 2018
Thank you sooo much for the effort. We are lucky there's people like you out there!

Murderous Int

Oct 15, 2018
Sorry for the lack of updates. I have news on a few things.
I started work on GD got around to half-way through the 2nd H-scene. But that is now on hitaus for the foreseeable future since I have other news.
test.png
Someone I had requested a favor/help from a few months back pulled through for me. (My thanks to iceslide)

I have the tools to implement my script in the game now. So I'm in the process of porting that over.
It's just taking a while due to the formatting, line length limitations and back'n'forth testing. These tools will only work for the older Empress games so Starless up to Closed Game due to the file-type.
I'm sorry to the people that were looking forward to GD, but all effort going foward will be back on DominancE.
I will drop the 1st patch once I've done porting the old script over which covers around 10% of the game, IIRC it's around 6 or 7 H-scenes in.

I've left my partial GD script attached if anyone wants to work on that. But, I'd rather hope that it gets picked up officially being such a small game.

Fleep

Jul 16, 2018
Idk what you guys think but I've notice there's actually a big amount of us waiting for the translation and visiting this thread in hopes of seeing a new Murderous Int post. So I've been thinking, next time he comes visiting we can all come up with a way of helping him in case he is too busy. Something like each of us translating one scene each month should be enough (if we are like 7 people that's at least 7 scenes each month + whatever Murderous brings us). I think using any internet translator to see the context of the dialogs and then using the words we think fits better the moment should be enough to be able to move it forward.

envii

Jul 4, 2019
Idk what you guys think but I've notice there's actually a big amount of us waiting for the translation and visiting this thread in hopes of seeing a new Murderous Int post. So I've been thinking, next time he comes visiting we can all come up with a way of helping him in case he is too busy. Something like each of us translating one scene each month should be enough (if we are like 7 people that's at least 7 scenes each month + whatever Murderous brings us). I think using any internet translator to see the context of the dialogs and then using the words we think fits better the moment should be enough to be able to move it forward.
I was actually thinking of offering to help the last few days as I have plenty of free time. I don't know how well I would do with translating( i'll give it a go with google trans) but I could at least do a bit of editing. Maybe If Murder pm's those who want to help some text he wants done.

Last edited:

Marie Mamiya

Aug 14, 2017
I was actually thinking of offering to help the last few days as I have plenty of free time. I don't know how well I would do with translating( i'll give it a go with google trans) but I could at least do a bit of editing. Maybe If Murder pm's those who want to help some text he wants done.
Try to PM him

Murderous Int

Oct 15, 2018
2.png
Okay, I see a lot of people are looking forward to the translation. I was gonna wait till I had done more before dropping the first patch. I've been fairly busy but have tried to get 100 lines a week done, since slow and steady wins the race.
At the moment I've done around 2% The first 2 scenes and BAD END 00. So it's just over 800 lines.
If anyone here wants to go over it a look for any problems with the text that would help.
Or if anyone wants to work on the other Empress titles and needs the tools I'm using that would also be pretty cool!

To install the 2% patch you will need to DL the scenario1.RAR and extract the contents into you main game directory.
Install.png
Please note a issue I've found with the patch is you lose the memory event on any translated scenes. I'm not sure if this will self-fix when you do a new complete run-through of the game or it will be a problem when using the patch. I've also not had time to contact iceslide to see if he knows anything about the bug. But a work around would be to just make save points in the game before each key scene.
3.png