• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM [translation request] ELDORANTE

Ergast

May 31, 2017
Has anyone managed to find a way to download the latest version aside from going through the hassle of waiting hours?
A year later, but just in case you are still interested, you can find it in kimochi, and they have it in google drive, so it shouldn't require hours to download it

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
To replace the old Google MTL here is a SLRMTL for v4.04.

This is not a proofread format, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

If at any point after a screen transition the game seems to permanently darken, do not save, and report it to me.
That is a common issue with VX/Ace stuff and once I know where it happens I can fix it, but if your save is already dark it will stay dark.

Known issues:
I cannot attach the translation directly because the archive is too large.
Inconsistency between MTL and manually translated text.
For example:
Hegemony/Supremacy = Ruins
Oyster = Kaki Fruit

Download SLRMTL1.08:

Installation:
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors. Locale Tutorial
To apply this translation you need to extract the game first. Extraction Tutorial
Then you can just extract the translation to your game folder and overwrite.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:

Ergast

May 31, 2017
Well, it's much better than it was, that for sure. I've seen some problems with proper text wraping, but nothing gamebreaking for now. And it may be just coincidence and when I tried this game at first my pc was going slow for some reason, but it seems to play much nicer now.

I'm gonna guess that the index for crafting and for the proper item are different? I mean this:

The item when equiping it is called Bluecatrus, but when crafting it it has its proper name, Blue Cutlass. I know it is incomplete, I'm just curious. As I said, for now I haven't noticed anything gamebreaking.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Well, it's much better than it was, that for sure. I've seen some problems with proper text wraping, but nothing gamebreaking for now. And it may be just coincidence and when I tried this game at first my pc was going slow for some reason, but it seems to play much nicer now.

I'm gonna guess that the index for crafting and for the proper item are different? I mean this:

The item when equiping it is called Bluecatrus, but when crafting it it has its proper name, Blue Cutlass. I know it is incomplete, I'm just curious. As I said, for now I haven't noticed anything gamebreaking.
It has no wrapping, yet. I literally just released my SLR output without manual changes. (Except getting rid of all sections with errors.)
Just to see if someone would even respond to it at all.

Whether or not someone actually cares about this.

But I guess you do?

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017

I've added word wrapping and changed the name of the Blue Cutlass in SLRMTL0.92.

Ergast

May 31, 2017
The wraping is nice and now that I have the version of the game that I should, I'm not getting any crashes or any bug (those were my fault, that's why I didn't report them, again I was an idiot), but I think you mixed some files in the translation

The Blue Cutlass is properly translated, but the crafting menu is in japanese. The item description in the equipment menu is in english, to give more information

Sep 21, 2021
I don't know why, but the game won't display recovery items in the items window(and the important items, such as a relationship sheet and, what I assume is, an H-stats profile both of which don't show up at all) outside of the fights. Speaking of the fights, I wasn't able to start the first one in the tutorial zone because the game was referring to HUD image files incorrectly and kept crashing. In order to fix that I had to rename the files as it's shown in the attached screenshot. Might be relevant to the first issue as well, but I think you might have accidentally translated stuff you shouldn't have, such as file paths and such.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Well as I said, that post was basically just testing if someone even cares about this. Making a proper SLRMTL is going to take a lot of time.
This game's scripts is not something I can just automate and of course I also still have 300 other projects to maintain.

Since 4 people posted something now I don't consider this dead and I will work on it, but you cannot expect this to only take a few days. (Heck given how annoying this is structured I wouldn't even want to promise it being done this year.)

Edit: I've adressed HumblestRanger's combat problem. It should be fixed in SLRMTL0.93.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
SLRMTL0.94 now translates the summary menu and some of the sub quests. Technically also the operational/tutorial menu, but I have no idea where it even shows up in-game. Would be great if someone could tell me where the instruction entries are supposed to show up.

But on the negative side, the Main Quests menu currently does not work at all. Not because I don't know how to do it, but because entries only show after their translation is finished because I had to change the way the scripts work and now it no longer detects Japanese entries.
(This game is a bit of a mess and using the comment system instead of a dedicated script/plugin.)

I can't just decode the Commonevents, batchtranslate the entries, and then encode the whole thing again, because the text isn't grouped.
Instead of having entries with \n the dev made a new entry for every single line of text.
As a result if I batchtranslate that it looses all context and the output is incoherent gibberish.

As a result I'm now doing the long tedious work of manually inserting the quest text for every single quest (4 times because they have rarity repeats) and then the main menu should work properly. Although not with great looking translations because there's automatic word wrapping in the most ugly way possible. (It cuts up words.)

I don't really recommend actually using SLRMTL0.94 because of how much stuff is missing now, but if you just go by amount of translated text it should at least be better than the Google MTL now.

Edit: To answer that question already: Yes I will also translate the picture based text, but for now I want to cover all normal text first. And no I have no idea how long this will take, when it comes to the menu I'm at around 20%.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
All quests and notes should now be translated in SLRMTL0.97. There's issues with word wrapping though.
If you still see Japanese from a new entry in your questlog at some point. Please report it to me. (Doing that stuff manually introduced human error.)

Besides trying to improve wrapping, I'm next going to address all remaining "normal" text like the crafting menu.

Last edited: