Others Complete [Translation Request]Kashidashi Tsuma, Marina no "Netorase" Houkoku 2 Case. Moto AV Dan'yuu & Binkan Tsuma

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
capu2 once again being the hero we need, will u be working on this at the same time as Ceres and the Contract Guild or does marina take priority, ether way take ur time and thank u for ur hard work.

Jun 26, 2018
The problem with translating this game is really the fact that its been down scaled. I have always felt that if it was translated officially or unofficially that whole game should be moved to the same updated engine that Marina 3/current Atelier Sakura games use SIMPLY because ALL the cg in Marina 2 is down scaled to fit 800x600 resolution.

If you actually OPEN the image files you discover that all the files are in fact a resolution up like their current games. I've never really understood WHY Atelier Sakura has no re-released this game as a "HD" version either.

I know it would be a lot of work though, especially for a translator since translating a script is NOT the same as rebuilding a game as would be the case here.

HOWEVER as this is one of my FAVORITE netorase games, if Capu2 does fully translate this game and with his permission I will rebuild it myself using his script in Tyranobuilder because it would take me no time at a higher resolution.

blader_1336

May 18, 2018
The problem with translating this game is really the fact that its been down scaled. I have always felt that if it was translated officially or unofficially that whole game should be moved to the same updated engine that Marina 3/current Atelier Sakura games use SIMPLY because ALL the cg in Marina 2 is down scaled to fit 800x600 resolution.

If you actually OPEN the image files you discover that all the files are in fact a resolution up like their current games. I've never really understood WHY Atelier Sakura has no re-released this game as a "HD" version either.

I know it would be a lot of work though, especially for a translator since translating a script is NOT the same as rebuilding a game as would be the case here.

HOWEVER as this is one of my FAVORITE netorase games, if Capu2 does fully translate this game and with his permission I will rebuild it myself using his script in Tyranobuilder because it would take me no time at a higher resolution.
Nice!!! So you will be doing essentially like the remastered version of the game with better graphics right.

Hopefully, the translation comes first though lol

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Kame-Sennin

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020

I Think capu2 will accept it and let your rebuild script

Reactions: Kame-Sennin
Jun 26, 2018
If I was to use your translation it would still be a long process, I'd be basically building the game from scratch but than copying your lines in scene to scene. Like legit building it from the ground up. I probably wouldnt even ask for the script file but play it from your translated game as I input it into the new engine/hd remaster.

Basically it would just be easier but oooh so time consuming.

The big reason why I wouldn't do this is because as it would be from the ground up that means I'd have to sort the VA files scene to scene and OMG...ya I'd rather make Marina 4 and hell even 5 (5 is not planned lol) than do that.

I actually forgot about the VA files...uh...matching them up scene to scene is going to be a nightmare unless I can figure out how they are coded in the original game (like labelled scene to scene). Maybe I'll just stick to my sequel Marina, Case of the Queen instead.

Its really too bad that Atelier didn't do a HD remake but I'm pretty sure its for the same reasons lol.

Last edited:

capu2

May 15, 2018
If I was to use your translation it would still be a long process, I'd be basically building the game from scratch but than copying your lines in scene to scene. Like legit building it from the ground up. I probably wouldnt even ask for the script file but play it from your translated game as I input it into the new engine/hd remaster.

Basically it would just be easier but oooh so time consuming.

The big reason why I wouldn't do this is because as it would be from the ground up that means I'd have to sort the VA files scene to scene and OMG...ya I'd rather make Marina 4 and hell even 5 (5 is not planned lol) than do that.

I actually forgot about the VA files...uh...matching them up scene to scene is going to be a nightmare unless I can figure out how they are coded in the original game (like labelled scene to scene). Maybe I'll just stick to my sequel Marina, Case of the Queen instead.

Its really too bad that Atelier didn't do a HD remake but I'm pretty sure its for the same reasons lol.
The VA files are labeled.. You just have to know which is which

Jun 26, 2018
Well yes I know they are labelled but having not actually looked at them I'm not clear if they will make sense when I look at them or as you said seem like a scrambled mess like the text body (or as I'm assuming it is).

Again haven't looked at the guts of this game for a while, I didn't re-use any of the art in my own game because ifs using lower res graphics (everything I've pulled from Marina 3 and other AS games).

But I mean obviously if the VA files are easily labelled aka VA001 is for the first lines vs VA001 being for a line starting middle of the game - but again I haven't even looked so I'm talking out my ass right now. Regardless it will be a pain putting them all in place lol.

Still would you be ok with me using your translation? Assuming you manage it of course and I'm not even making any promises, this is just like an idea I'd like to do some day. Again other things I want to get done too, but I relaly do love Marina 2 so ya...

Phenomamd

Dec 27, 2017
can anyone provide download link for marina 2
This is my upload which hopefully works, I had to download the MDF and install it, then I simply archived the files.

If my copy doesn't work, you'll have to download it where I found it, and install it yourself.

blader_1336

May 18, 2018
This is my upload which hopefully works, I had to download the MDF and install it, then I simply archived the files.

If my copy doesn't work, you'll have to download it where I found it, and install it yourself.
Thank you. Love the opening for this game it sounds epic lol like it's an action game or something too bad they changed it for the 3rd one :(