RPGM None [Translation request] Kati the Possessed (MEGA DOWNLOAD)

lordtoe

Jun 6, 2017
I'll take a whack at an edited MTL for this one, not sure how long it'll take. Last one I did took about 3 months. Just at a glance this game uses some weird script for choices that bases them on comments in the event instead of the built in choice selection so that may slow things down.

DoodlesTheBob

Aug 23, 2018
I'll take a whack at an edited MTL for this one, not sure how long it'll take. Last one I did took about 3 months. Just at a glance this game uses some weird script for choices that bases them on comments in the event instead of the built in choice selection so that may slow things down.
How's it looking?

lordtoe

Jun 6, 2017
How's it looking?
I've finished Item names/descriptions, map names, and 10 maps out of 76 that show up in translator++. The map numbers are all out of order and some are missing so I'll definitely need to make sure I got everything when I start going through all dialogue trees in rpgmaker mv to adjust the comment choices.

Also if someone could tell me if this game has any combat(I haven't actually played it, my first go through will be when I test to make sure dialogue makes sense for what's happening) so I can decide if I should bother editing generic combat messages or not.

Reactions: indu and McSlut

Flying.Whale

Apr 19, 2018
I've finished Item names/descriptions, map names, and 10 maps out of 76 that show up in translator++. The map numbers are all out of order and some are missing so I'll definitely need to make sure I got everything when I start going through all dialogue trees in rpgmaker mv to adjust the comment choices.

Also if someone could tell me if this game has any combat(I haven't actually played it, my first go through will be when I test to make sure dialogue makes sense for what's happening) so I can decide if I should bother editing generic combat messages or not.
I'm playing it in japanese(I don't know japanese, so I'm trying everything to advance xD) But so far, there is no fights, at least yet. I hope there isn't

Reactions: lordtoe

lordtoe

Jun 6, 2017
So I kinda burnt myself out with editing MTLs for now(been doing it constantly for almost 9 months). Here's the progress I've made on Kati ( ).

After getting the basic stuff done I was working backwards on the maps so Map 96-half of Map 66 are done(Some stuff may be rough or might not make sense in context of the game, I was planning on going back and touching everything up once I finished and was doing a test playthrough).

I don't believe the game was currently in a playable state, the one time I launched it it didn't spawn the player sprite into the tutorial room so it'll need some looking at within RPGMaker most likely.

If anyone feels like picking this up go right ahead, just make a post saying so(I'd hate for people to do double work)

Reactions: indu

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
So I kinda burnt myself out with editing MTLs for now(been doing it constantly for almost 9 months). Here's the progress I've made on Kati ( ).

After getting the basic stuff done I was working backwards on the maps so Map 96-half of Map 66 are done(Some stuff may be rough or might not make sense in context of the game, I was planning on going back and touching everything up once I finished and was doing a test playthrough).

I don't believe the game was currently in a playable state, the one time I launched it it didn't spawn the player sprite into the tutorial room so it'll need some looking at within RPGMaker most likely.

If anyone feels like picking this up go right ahead, just make a post saying so(I'd hate for people to do double work)
What do you mean with "not in a playable state"? The original game, or the game after applying your translation?

If it's your translation, tell me the exact version number or source of the original Japanese game you used, send me the ".trans file", and I will debug it for you.
I've gotten fairly competent at finding the needle in the haystack.
(I am not planning to improve the translation though, I only make MTL's)

Edit: Would also help. if you tell me what tools you actually used. What version of translator++ if any, or if you just edited stuff with notepad++ or whatever. Technically I can still debug it even if I don't have a ".trans" file. It's just a lot slower/more annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: indu and lordtoe

lordtoe

Jun 6, 2017
What do you mean with "not in a playable state"? The original game, or the game after applying your translation?

If it's your translation, tell me the exact version number or source of the original Japanese game you used, send me the ".trans file", and I will debug it for you.
I've gotten fairly competent at finding the needle in the haystack.
(I am not planning to improve the translation though, I only make MTL's)

Edit: Would also help. if you tell me what tools you actually used. What version of translator++ if any, or if you just edited stuff with notepad++ or whatever. Technically I can still debug it even if I don't have a ".trans" file. It's just a lot slower/more annoying.
I only launched it after injecting the the initial MTL made with Translator++ so I'm only aware that it wasn't running properly after that. The .trans file is included with the zip in the mega link from the other post. (Also here's a link for just the .trans file )

Version of the game I was using is Ver 1.00(kinda assuming that since the folder it's in is named GF30_Ver100, the folder that's in is dated in the name as [2020-11-28] if that helps at all)

Version of Translator++ I was using is Ver 3.6.28

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I only launched it after injecting the the initial MTL made with Translator++ so I'm only aware that it wasn't running properly after that. The .trans file is included with the zip in the mega link from the other post. (Also here's a link for just the .trans file )

Version of the game I was using is Ver 1.00(kinda assuming that since the folder it's in is named GF30_Ver100, the folder that's in is dated in the name as [2020-11-28] if that helps at all)

Version of Translator++ I was using is Ver 3.6.28
Oh no... you translated syntax stuff, command lines, pointers, even some file names.

For example if you translate things like "removeEventflag *text*" "Event*text*" "getFlag Key_ *text*" etc. the game cannot execute that anymore, because those events have specific Japanese names.
That is not text that would ever actually show up in-game. It is basically the game telling itself what to do now.

Fixing this is gonna take a while. :KEK:

Edit: You are also missing some menu items because you didn't modify the ".js".

Last edited:

lordtoe

Jun 6, 2017
Oh no... you translated syntax stuff, command lines, pointers, even some file names.

For example if you translate things like "removeEventflag *text* " "removeHistory *text*" "Event*text*" "getFlag Key_ *text*" etc. the game cannot execute that anymore, because those events have specific Japanese names.
That is not text that would ever actually show up in-game. It is basically the game telling itself what to do now.

Fixing this is gonna take a while. :KEK:
Well damn... Thought I was getting around that by telling T++ not to inject anything that messed with javascript(it throws warnings for that one).

I know I edited some of the red marked cells early on before I thought "I probably shouldn't mess with that"

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Well damn... Thought I was getting around that by telling T++ not to inject anything that messed with javascript(it throws warnings for that one).

I know I edited some of the red marked cells early on before I thought "I probably shouldn't mess with that"
Translator++ sadly isn't exactly "perfect" yet. In fact I always end up using notepad++ for some script stuff.
Also don't even try using the current version of translator++ for wolf rpg stuff. It's completely broken.

But I can fix this one. Just give me some time.

Edit: To be fair this game is a giant mess though. It's usually not this bad.
Some of these I've never seen before. will have to do a lot of testing.
Edit2: Starting to regret agreeing to this, this is one big garbage fire. :KEK:
The dev gave 0 fucks.
Edit3: I wish the game would at least crash and give me an error log, but instead it starts doing all sorts of weird shit like looping the same conversation over and over. :HideThePain:
Edit4: First version to make it past the intro/tutorial. Wonders happen.
Edit5: I need a nap. I'll upload the latest prototype.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Here's a full Manual-Bing-Google-DeepL hybrid (Its real bad for the most part) translation for v1.03 including fully english rewritten scripts based originally on lordtoe partial translation.

There's scenes I wasn't able to test. They "might" crash the game but I can fix them easily if you screen me the error and provide a save.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Installation:
You might need to switch your system locale to Japanese(Japan) or use another locale method.
If your game is a single executable you need to unpack it first using "EnigmaVBUnpacker".
Extract the attached "Kati v1.0 MGDTML2.0.zip" into your game folder so it merges with the existing "www" folder.

Known Issues with old saves:
The recollection menu will not work on old saves until you use the "unlock all" switch after beating the game.
The history menu will not update retroactively if you use an old save.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I found a really annoying problem.
When I translate scene names in the recollection menu they work normally in the cg only section but suddenly become locked again in the normal recollection.
That is because the dev decided to not give scenes an ID but instead save their full (current) name in the save.

That means all old saves will no longer work and every single time there's a change made to a scene name translation to fix grammar, spelling etc, all saves will break again.

Edit: Should I just leave the scene names in the recollection menu untranslated so all saves always work?

Edit2: Removed the translations again for now.

Edit3: Saves in general are a bit unorthodox/problematic in this one. There are so many things written in the save that are potentially affected now.
There's a good chance that some things are still being written incorrectly now and could cause not easily repairable damage to your save in the long run.
But I'm having a hard time testing, because each test would basically require me to delete my save folder and then finish the entire not exactly short game.
And that would still not tell me if someone using an old save would run into problems because of things already written in their save in Japanese.

Last edited: