RPGM None [Translation request] Kati the Possessed (MEGA DOWNLOAD)

Feb 28, 2018
Here's a prototype build for fixing the problems with lordtoe's translation attempt.

Built for the original Japanese v1.0. (You can find a download link in the OP)

Do not expect this to work flawlessly yet. Only use this if you want to help me fix this by writing me bug reports.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would also increase the speed of the fixing process.

Installation:
You might need to switch your system locale to Japanese(Japan) or use another locale method.
If your game is a single executable you need to unpack it first using the EnigmaVBUnpacker.
Extract the attached .zip into your game folder so it merges with "www".

Known Issues:
When starting a new game the buttons for difficulty selection as well as the buttons to decide whether or not to show the tutorial are still Japanese.
History menu will not properly update on old saves. Some things remain Japanese regardless of save.
To not break old full saves, names of unlocked scenes are still Japanese.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just a headsup, game with this translation blackscreens when accepting the "Meet the receptionist in the bathroom" choice in the village to the west (where you meet the grandpa (?))

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Just a headsup, game with this translation blackscreens when accepting the "Meet the receptionist in the bathroom" choice in the village to the west (where you meet the grandpa (?))
Could you please provide a save just before that so I can run some tests?

Edit:This is gonna take a while.
I really wish I'd know where those choices boxes are in the files. Those still being Japanese really makes playing annoying.

Edit2: " scene is accessibly pretty much as soon as you can leave north ward. " he said, As if that doesn't take ages.
When the fuck can i finally leave...

Edit3: I cannot reproduce the problem. I will instead finish my general cleanup and wrap up this project.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Finished cleanup of lordtoe's partial translation. I consider the fixing project "done" unless I get new detailed bug reports about something game-breaking in version 1.0.

If someone wants to continue lordtoe's translation project use the "dev.zip". Feel free to pm me if you you have questions about it.

Reactions: O_Conceito

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Finished cleanup of lordtoe's partial translation. I consider the fixing project "done" unless I get new detailed bug reports about something game-breaking in version 1.0.

If someone wants to continue lordtoe's translation project use the "dev.zip". Feel free to pm me if you you have questions about it.
I notice on dlsite that v1.01 -> v1.03 are mainly bug fixes overall. Dunno exactly what it fixes or if they were fixing game breaking stuff but euuuh ...
Think these patches would override those fixes? (surely it'll override the 'typographical fixes' since all the JPN text is gone of course.

Or did this version of the patch manage to play through the game to the end?

EDIT: Oh wait ... your 'fix' is just JS files ... hmmmm, so that's to go 'on top of' the earlier package. Got it.
Still ... same question I guess ... the earlier MTL + your fixes, on base game v1.0 ... can you get through the game (w/o the fixes in the later versions)?

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I notice on dlsite that v1.01 -> v1.03 are mainly bug fixes overall. Dunno exactly what it fixes or if they were fixing game breaking stuff but euuuh ...
Think these patches would override those fixes? (surely it'll override the 'typographical fixes' since all the JPN text is gone of course.

Or did this version of the patch manage to play through the game to the end?

EDIT: Oh wait ... your 'fix' is just JS files ... hmmmm, so that's to go 'on top of' the earlier package. Got it.
Still ... same question I guess ... the earlier MTL + your fixes, on base game v1.0 ... can you get through the game (w/o the fixes in the later versions)?
I don't think I fully follow what you are saying. :confused:

My fixed version is supposed to go on a clean Japanese v1.0.
Specifically the one you can get from the mega link at the bottom of the OP:
https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-kati-the-possessed-mega-download.67556/

My version includes Data, Fonts, and JS.
Did you get confused and downloaded the "dev.zip"? That one is only resources if someone wants to continue the translation.
The actual partial translation is Kati v1.0 partialtransfix1.0.zip .

Edit: I'm not aware of any game breaking bugs in v1.0 but I haven't finished the game myself yet. (I'm not a huge fan of this game to be honest.)

Last edited:

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
I don't think I fully follow what you are saying. :confused:

My fixed version is supposed to go on a clean Japanese v1.0.
Specifically the one you can get from the mega link at the bottom of the OP:
https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-kati-the-possessed-mega-download.67556/

My version includes Data, Fonts, and JS.
Did you get confused and downloaded the "dev.zip"? That one is only resources if someone wants to continue the translation.
The actual partial translation is this one Kati v1.0 partialfix1.0.zip.

Edit: I'm not aware of any game breaking bugs in v1.0 but I haven't finished the game myself yet. (I'm not a huge fan of this game to be honest.)
Haven't actually tried the game yet, only know the DEV from the Akira game, so willing to give this one a try (yes, I know this a totally different genre of game).

Did go with dev.zip, which only contained the TL++ trans file + fonts & JS.
Seems like there is a data folder in the partial fix, just didn't think something called 'partial fix' would be the full MTL package.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Haven't actually tried the game yet, only know the DEV from the Akira game, so willing to give this one a try (yes, I know this a totally different genre of game).

Did go with dev.zip, which only contained the TL++ trans file + fonts & JS.
Seems like there is a data folder in the partial fix, just didn't think something called 'partial fix' would be the full MTL package.
Well it's not a "full" MTL. The project never went that far and I wanted to make that clear in the name.
Choice boxes, for example, are still Japanese. But some other parts are actually properly translated and not just MTL.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Well it's not a "full" MTL. The project never went that far and I wanted to make that clear in the name.
Choice boxes, for example, are still Japanese. But some other parts are actually properly translated and not just MTL.
Aiight, cool. Got it.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Quick question .... is this how the 'History' book is supposed to look? Seems like only the first word of whatever's supposed to be there.

Kinda looks like some kind of riddle that's building up over time now. :p
1629161130625.png

1629161251185.png

• Haha
Reactions: Artix0

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Last edited:

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Repacked, retested and reuploaded the files.
No idea how that happened, but it should be fixed now.
View attachment 1356546
View attachment 1356547
Heheh, no prob. Guess I served as play tester earlier on this evening. ;)
Figured I'd best not continue as it looked like those values were being stored in the save file, so I figured I'd need to start anew anyway.

Though it's getting on to 4AM and I'm still wastin' time watching YouTube global news coverage/podcasts. Well ... it's kind of exploded in the middle east now, so it's a nice soap opera I guess with all the fuss around it (though it's very sad news in all actuality).
Anyway ... I really should get some sleep now. :sneaky:

Always annoying when you're just not actually tired yet, but still know you need to force some sleep as work waits for no man the next day.

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
Here's a fixed version of lordtoe's partial translation.

If you wish to continue the translation use the attached dev.zip it includes the ".trans" file as well as manually edited files.

Built for the original Japanese v1.0. (You can find a download link in the OP)

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Installation:
You might need to switch your system locale to Japanese(Japan) or use another locale method.
If your game is a single executable you need to unpack it first using "EnigmaVBUnpacker".
Extract the attached "Kati v1.0 partialtransfix1.0.zip" into your game folder so it merges with the existing "www" folder.

Known Issues:
Partial. There's still Japanese.
History menu will not properly update on old saves. Some things remain Japanese or not update regardless of save.
To not break old full saves, names of unlocked scenes are back to Japanese.

Important edit: If you downloaded fix1.0 before this edit please re-download. Your version is damaged. I apologize for the inconvenience.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hello, was wondering if uploading the latest version of the game will help / if the translation will work on this version :)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hello, was wondering if uploading the latest version of the game will help / if the translation will work on this version :)

I'm sorry but I don't think it will work for a new version. This game is a formatting nightmare and even for v1.0 it barely works.
I would need completely remake it for that.
What changed with the updates? Is there a significant content difference?