RPGM None [Translation request] Kati the Possessed (MEGA DOWNLOAD)

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Please be a bit more specific and make a screenshot of the error.
Does the game launch normally without the translation? If not you're most likely having a locale issue.
If the game launches without the translation, but suddenly cannot read files if you apply it, you are most likely not using the correct game version 1.03.

I checked the beginning again and I cannot reproduce any problems.
View attachment 1525580 View attachment 1525584 View attachment 1525617 View attachment 1525626
hey sorry for responding so late. first of all, you were right i was using the wrong game version. i downloaded the 1.03 one that was posted a couple pages back and changed my windows 10 locale to japanese. the game starts fine but the text remains in japanese. i noticed that while the "www" folder still exists in 1.03 the only folder inside is named "save". there are no "data" "js" or "fonts" folder to write over. is that what's causing the problem?

also the decensored screens you posted look great. keep up the good work!

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
hey sorry for responding so late. first of all, you were right i was using the wrong game version. i downloaded the 1.03 one that was posted a couple pages back and changed my windows 10 locale to japanese. the game starts fine but the text remains in japanese. i noticed that while the "www" folder still exists in 1.03 the only folder inside is named "save". there are no "data" "js" or "fonts" folder to write over. is that what's causing the problem?

also the decensored screens you posted look great. keep up the good work!
That means your game is still encrypted/packed.
You need to unpack it before you can apply the translation.
You can do this by using the "EnigmaVBUnpacker" I will add a version as an attachment.
Just start the "EnigmaVBUnpacker.exe" choose the location of the game executable and click on "unpack". Please verify that this step worked correctly by launching the unpacked game once using the "Game.exe" inside the newly created folder "%DEFAULTFOLDER%" before merging my MTL into it.
Should you just get a white screen on startup rename the "%DEFAULTFOLDER%" to "DEFAULTFOLDER" and try again.

Reactions: extraz8

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
That means your game is still encrypted/packed.
You need to unpack it before you can apply the translation.
You can do this by using the "EnigmaVBUnpacker" I will add a version as an attachment.
Just start the "EnigmaVBUnpacker.exe" choose the location of the game executable and click on "unpack". Please verify that this step worked correctly by launching the unpacked game once using the "Game.exe" inside the newly created folder "%DEFAULTFOLDER%" before merging my MTL into it.
Should you just get a white screen on startup rename the "%DEFAULTFOLDER%" to "DEFAULTFOLDER" and try again.
did everything as you said. i got an error message saying nw_elf.dll wasn't found when i try to run the game exe inside %default folder%. there is also a game.exe and a game_unpacked.exe but i tried starting the game using the .exe file you mentioned. i haven't applied the translation yet.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
did everything as you said. i got an error message saying nw_elf.dll wasn't found when i try to run the game exe inside %default folder%. there is also a game.exe and a game_unpacked.exe but i tried starting the game using the .exe file you mentioned. i haven't applied the translation yet.
Please make sure that there are no special characters in the file path. (For example get rid of the "%")
If it still doesn't launch please make screenshots of your game folder as well as the default folder.
For reference my Japanese original v1.03 looks like this:
screen.png

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Please make sure that there are no special characters in the file path. (For example get rid of the "%")
If it still doesn't launch please make screenshots of your game folder as well as the default folder.
For reference my Japanese original v1.03 looks like this:
View attachment 1528037
game folder

1.jpg

insides of %default folder%

4.jpg

game folder after unpacking

2.jpg

edit: uploaded the wrong screenshot, this is what it looks like. also getting the same error message after deleting the "%%" in the file path. also thanks for helping me i would really love to try this game!

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
game folder

View attachment 1528052

insides of %default folder%

View attachment 1528053

game folder after unpacking

View attachment 1528059

edit: uploaded the wrong screenshot, this is what it looks like. also getting the same error message after deleting the "%%" in the file path
Oh, it's one of those half packed ones.
Drag everything from the main folder except the "game.exe" and the "game_unpacked.exe" into the DEFAULT FOLDER.
Merge, but don't overwrite stuff. Just make sure everything missing is in there and then try again. (Launching with the "game.exe" in the DEFAULT FOLDER).

• Red Heart
Reactions: McSlut

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Oh, it's one of those half packed ones.
Drag everything from the main folder except the "game.exe" and the "game_unpacked.exe" into the DEFAULT FOLDER.
Merge, but don't overwrite stuff. Just make sure everything missing is in there and then try again. (Launching with the "game.exe" in the DEFAULT FOLDER).
it works! you are the best! (y)

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
so i've been playing this game for the last 5 hours and damn it's awesome. i would say it's just as good as "do you have akira points?" while also being very different. i love the vanilla sweetness of akira points but i also love corruption and kati has that in spades. once again the pacing feels just right. after a short while the town the game takes place in feels very familiar and you know exactly where everything is. i never once felt lost or felt like the ratio between h-scenes and dialogue was off. oh yeah and the art is also great.

it's a huge shame that no publisher has picked this up for an official translation yet. don't care if it's fakku, kagura or someone else but this game really deserves an official translation. also once again huge thanks to everyone who has worked on a translation so far.

indu

Jan 8, 2019
i really appreciate what you've been doing. sadly as soon as i start the game it says something about a title image not being able to load or something :(

man this sucks, the art of this game is a 10/10, i wish it would get an official translation. i understand it's a lot of work.
i had the same issue, you are installing the game and translation in a wrong way:
1. download 1.03 version of the game (translation is made for this exact version, not for the 1.0 that is linked in the first post)
2. in 1.03 version the game is a single executable you need to unpack it first using "EnigmaVBUnpacker"
3. Extract the attached translation file "Kati v1.0 MGDTML2.0.zip" into your game folder so it merges with the existing "www" folder

DSnov101

Aug 20, 2018
Hey everybody! I would like to say I followed the instructions on here as close as I can, but whenever I open the game it's still in Japanese. Here's what I do
1) unzip the game
2) unpack it with enigmaVBunpacker
3)move all the files/folders into the DEFAULT FOLDER except for game and game_unpacked
4) apply the translation folder to the www folder and not overwriting anything
Really at a loss for what to do here. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out here.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hey everybody! I would like to say I followed the instructions on here as close as I can, but whenever I open the game it's still in Japanese. Here's what I do
1) unzip the game
2) unpack it with enigmaVBunpacker
3)move all the files/folders into the DEFAULT FOLDER except for game and game_unpacked
4) apply the translation folder to the www folder and not overwriting anything
Really at a loss for what to do here. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out here.
I think you misunderstood the not overwriting anything part. That's is just for the enigma step, so your game is properly unpacked.
When applying the translation, or the mosaic removal mod, you need to overwrite everything.