RPGM None [Translation request] Kati the Possessed (MEGA DOWNLOAD)

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
I'm sorry but I don't think it will work for a new version. This game is a formatting nightmare and even for v1.0 it barely works.
I would need completely remake it for that.
What changed with the updates? Is there a significant content difference?
Based on what was posted on DLsite all the updates are bugfixes.

sdf.PNG

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Unable to verify 100% tho should be safe to assume its the latest since 1.03 was updated 11 months ago and no new update has come out from both dl-site and ci-en.
Since I learned new stuff since back then and I don't have any big project atm, I guess I'll revisit this, update the partial to 1.03 and maybe make it a little less partial.
Gonna take a while though. I remember how awful this game's scripts are.

Edit: If i want to make it an actual full MTL I have to break old saves now though. No real way around it. :(
Edit2: I understand what was going wrong now (why stuff wasn't translating). It's needlessly complicated though, I will have to rewrite a lot of stuff by hand. At least I do not know how to automate any of this...
Edit3: This is going to be incredibly inconsistent. We have the manual translations of lordtoe, together with the sections he machine translated with something that seems worse than google translate, then we have the scripts I fixed back then with text using google translate and now the missing stuff I'm adding with DeepL. :KEK:
Edit4: Hit a roadblock again. I "think" I can fix it, but this has to be the worst constructed RPGM game ever made.
At least comparing it with the 143 other projects I worked on so far there's not much of a contest.
Edit5: The dev also made a typo in one of the scripts.

Edit6: Got a prototype for v1.03 with everything (badly) translated now but memories still aren't saved correctly.
So no point in uploading it yet. (I think I know how to fix it, I just don't have the time right now)

Last edited:

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
Since I learned new stuff since back then and I don't have any big project atm, I guess I'll revisit this, update the partial to 1.03 and maybe make it a little less partial.
Gonna take a while though. I remember how awful this game's scripts are.

Edit: If i want to make it an actual full MTL I have to break old saves now though. No real way around it. :(
You go sugarcake, do it :3 <3

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Finished it. The entire game now has "some" translation and it's updated to v1.03. Be it either the manual translations by lordtoe the machine translated bits by lordtoe (I think he used Bing or something, they're pretty bad) the early scripts I did with Google Translate and now the remaining scripts like the choice boxes translated with DeepL. It's incredibly inconsistent, it looks bad, but it fucking works and I need a hug... I mean break.

Old saves will not have proper history or recollection. I do not recommend using them.

https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-kati-the-possessed-mega-download.67556/post-6322094

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
How inconsistent is the translation if multiple people were trying to touch it?
Well it's barely coherent at times, then suddenly properly translated. It's all over the place and that's really not easy to fix because every little thing you change suddenly breaks the rest again.

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
Finished it. The entire game now has "some" translation and it's updated to v1.03. Be it either the manual translations by lordtoe the machine translated bits by lordtoe (I think he used Bing or something, they're pretty bad) the early scripts I did with Google Translate and now the remaining scripts like the choice boxes translated with DeepL. It's incredibly inconsistent, it looks bad, but it fucking works and I need a hug... I mean break.

Old saves will not have proper history or recollection. I do not recommend using them.

https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-kati-the-possessed-mega-download.67556/post-6322094
Wow, that was incredibly fast. Thanks a lot for taking the time to work on this :)

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018

i really appreciate what you've been doing. sadly as soon as i start the game it says something about a title image not being able to load or something :(

man this sucks, the art of this game is a 10/10, i wish it would get an official translation. i understand it's a lot of work.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
i really appreciate what you've been doing. sadly as soon as i start the game it says something about a title image not being able to load or something :(

man this sucks, the art of this game is a 10/10, i wish it would get an official translation. i understand it's a lot of work.
Please be a bit more specific and make a screenshot of the error.
Does the game launch normally without the translation? If not you're most likely having a locale issue.
If the game launches without the translation, but suddenly cannot read files if you apply it, you are most likely not using the correct game version 1.03.

I checked the beginning again and I cannot reproduce any problems.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bakayaro

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Finished it: https://f95zone.to/threads/kati-the-possessed-mosaic-removal-mod-shisaye.101437/

I know this is pretty off-topic but there's no game thread for this yet so I don't know where else I could post this.
(I dont want to make an entire mod thread just for this experiment)

I was really bored because my DeepL stuff stopped working and I can't work on translations anymore, so I searched for other stuff I could do.

I used some machine learning program thing to attempt to de-censor one of the sex scenes.
It looks pretty wonky, but personally I like it more than the mosaic.
Example Original:
ev_affair_03.png
Example after processing:
ev_affair_03.png

Installation:
Just extract into your game folder so it merges into the "www" folder.

Last edited:

seraphiel722

Jul 5, 2017
I know this is pretty off-topic but there's no game thread for this yet so I don't know where else I could post this.
(I dont want to make an entire mod thread just for this experiment)

I was really bored because my DeepL stuff stopped working and I can't work on translations anymore, so I searched for other stuff I could do.

I used some machine learning program thing to attempt to de-censor one of the sex scenes.
It looks pretty wonky, but personally I like it more than the mosaic.
Example Original:
View attachment 1527265
Example after processing:
View attachment 1527266

Installation:
Just extract into your game folder so it merges into the "www" folder.

Only processed one scene (11 pictures) so far, but "technically" I could run it on the whole game.
(But I will only do that if someone actually cares, because it takes ages to process.)
How's the blowjob CGs if u use the tool, shisaye?