RPGM Complete [Translation Request] 田舎ライフ / Country Life

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
You don't really need my save,as soon as the game starts you will find certain NPCs that require fishes once a day(outside shop/near temple/near path dividing stream and damn)providing them with fishes nets you a reward(first time its materials for making tent,then afterwards money)..The PC doesn't have these fishes in his inventory but can give it to them regardless....Its not even that big of deal infact it makes the game easier by having a constant source of money available from the start.I was just nitpicking:BootyTime:. Just in case here is my save-
Thanx. If its an easy fix, i will fix it. And if its not a easy fix, i will leave it as it is.

ChubbyCat

Jul 7, 2021
Translated Image Patch

There are some few image with text description on Japanese (like character page & fish description), so I had to translate and redesign it. Just copy the files into the games folder (inside 'www' folder).

Note : It just 10 image in total, and seems doesn't too important. You can still enjoy the games without patching it.

Credit for djv007 for the fish description
character.png fish.png

Last edited:

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
Will there be a translation for the android port?
sorry mate I have no experience with android ports or translations. If someone has ported this to android, then you can give him/her the translations to replace with original translation.

Someone with more experience should answer this question.

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
Translated Image Patch

There are some few image with text description on Japanese (like character page & fish description), so I had to translate and redesign it. Just copy the files into the games folder (inside 'www' folder).

Note : It just 10 image in total, and seems doesn't too important. You can still enjoy the games without patching it.

Credit for djv007 for the fish description
View attachment 1855865 View attachment 1855866
Thanx mate. My image editing skills is limited to MS paint XD. This is some good stuff.

Reactions: ChubbyCat

ChubbyCat

Jul 7, 2021
Thanx mate. My image editing skills is limited to MS paint XD. This is some good stuff.
Nah, I'm the one who should probably thanked to you. It's not a big deal redesigning 10 images compared with your work translating this game from the scratch. Keep up the good work mate! (y)

Reactions: djv007

etarg

Oct 11, 2017
I've finally gotten around to being able to test your translation as well as ChubbyCat's image patch, djv007. However, I'm not sure how anal I should be about small grammar mistakes or anything of that nature, because all I've seen so far is great, but if I were to be nit-picky I could probably find one or two things. If the main purpose of testing is to find bugs I'll refrain from annoying you with those things in the private messages.

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
I've finally gotten around to being able to test your translation as well as ChubbyCat's image patch, djv007. However, I'm not sure how anal I should be about small grammar mistakes or anything of that nature, because all I've seen so far is great, but if I were to be nit-picky I could probably find one or two things. If the main purpose of testing is to find bugs I'll refrain from annoying you with those things in the private messages.
Well if the grammatical errors are not big(like change the meaning of the dialogue) then pls dont post them. I cannot be perfect. A little error will always be there . But if something just doesn’t make sense at all then pls report that.

Also - I am going over all the translations to find the variables that got messed up.

thank-you for reporting.

Reactions: etarg

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
So the error that is causing MC to give items to people (Fish) is not caused by my translations. I have went over the entire translations and I couldn't find a variable or conditional check before the choice. Therefore according to me it should be a script thing. I am not sure as i am not a video game dev. If a dev can check and tell me the issue then i can fix it. But I cannot find any errors myself. Treat this as a bug (quality of life improvement bug)

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
So the error that is causing MC to give items to people (Fish) is not caused by my translations. I have went over the entire translations and I couldn't find a variable or conditional check before the choice. Therefore according to me it should be a script thing.
Are you referring to the fact that you can give fish to people without actually having it? Cause if so, I don't think it's a plugin error since if there was a plugin being used for the condition, there should be a plugin command within the contents of the event, but there isn't. I think that the developer has just forgotten to add a check to see whether the player has the required items or not.

1654764993022.png
(I've added the highlighted plugin command to show that if one were used, we'd be able to see it).

Reactions: RayBar and djv007

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
Are you referring to the fact that you can give fish to people without actually having it? Cause if so, I don't think it's a plugin error since if there was a plugin being used for the condition, there should be a plugin command within the contents of the event, but there isn't. I think that the developer has just forgotten to add a check to see whether the player has the required items or not.

View attachment 1860124
(I've added the highlighted plugin command to show that if one were used, we'd be able to see it).
So its a game bug ?? And its not caused by my translation right ?

etarg

Oct 11, 2017
1654785679622.png
1654785837778.png
Something is definitely wrong. It seems as though the "Do you want this?" option shouldn't be available until you acquire said item. It may really come down to comparing the scripting language line for line looking for any missing arguments in the English version.

Also, wouldn't "I'll talk to you" or simply "Chat" or "Talk" be a better alternative to "I'll tell you".

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
View attachment 1860539
View attachment 1860546
Something is definitely wrong. It seems as though the "Do you want this?" option shouldn't be available until you acquire said item. It may really come down to comparing the scripting language line for line looking for any missing arguments in the English version.

Also, wouldn't "I'll talk to you" or simply "Chat" or "Talk" be a better alternative to "I'll tell you".
I went over the game using notepadd++. There are no variables or conditions for the fish option. That option is always available (even if u dont have fish XD).

And the translation for "Chat" fits better. Some dialogues and options are best to translate while playing the game XD. I will fix them. But pls just go over the entire game and find more bugs if u can. I will fix them all in one go.

Reactions: RayBar

etarg

Oct 11, 2017
I went over the game using notepadd++. There are no variables or conditions for the fish option. That option is always available (even if u dont have fish XD).

And the translation for "Chat" fits better. Some dialogues and options are best to translate while playing the game XD. I will fix them. But pls just go over the entire game and find more bugs if u can. I will fix them all in one go.
Yeah it is strange how the option to give fish isn't supposed to be available, and isn't in the original un-tampered game file (Japenese Release). I don't envy your position, especially since it doesn't look like anyone well versed in RPGMaker is investigating the issue XD. Godspeed, and I will look for more bugs/inconsistencies.

Also from what you said, it doesn't sound like you looked at both images, correct me if I'm wrong. But like I said above, the game doesn't let you give fish if you don't have it in the original release.

1654794440727.png 1654794461928.png

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
Yeah it is strange how the option to give fish isn't supposed to be available, and isn't in the original un-tampered game file (Japenese Release). I don't envy your position, especially since it doesn't look like anyone well versed in RPGMaker is investigating the issue XD. Godspeed, and I will look for more bugs/inconsistencies.

Also from what you said, it doesn't sound like you looked at both images, correct me if I'm wrong. But like I said above, the game doesn't let you give fish if you don't have it in the original release.

View attachment 1860849 View attachment 1860851
I looked at both the images. Its just that i am not knowledgeable enough in Rpg Maker to say with surety that this is a game bug or its a bug caused by me

etarg

Oct 11, 2017
I looked at both the images. Its just that i am not knowledgeable enough in Rpg Maker to say with surety that this is a game bug or its a bug caused by me
Either way the bug only occurred after the translation was patched in, so it is most certainly not a bug that existed in the game in the first place. That is all I'm saying.

ChubbyCat

Jul 7, 2021
So the error that is causing MC to give items to people (Fish) is not caused by my translations. I have went over the entire translations and I couldn't find a variable or conditional check before the choice. Therefore according to me it should be a script thing. I am not sure as i am not a video game dev. If a dev can check and tell me the issue then i can fix it. But I cannot find any errors myself. Treat this as a bug (quality of life improvement bug)
I've found the problem. I have checked the original game before it got translated, and there's a argument line next after the chat dialog "Do you need this". I have this thing fixed just by adding the argument lines. Just copy the files into /www/data/
(Well, if you want to cheese this game don't apply this patch for fix it.)

Also changed the line "I'll tell you" into "Chat" for much simpler reason.

Last edited: