RPGM Complete [Translation Request] Red Haired Demon / Akagami No Kishin (RJ233372)

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes

YaeSakura

Apr 24, 2019
Translating game is not easy bro. And he have another project too I believe
Of cause I know it ain't easy to translate a game from Japanese to English. But it feels like it's been a year of translation or something? I don't know. Just feels long at waiting but I know it ain't easy to translate a game

Reactions: thevideowatcher65
Dec 23, 2021
Of cause I know it ain't easy to translate a game from Japanese to English. But it feels like it's been a year of translation or something? I don't know. Just feels long at waiting but I know it ain't easy to translate a game
He said that he's going to immediately work on this game after War Demon Kirsten.

HoneyLibido

Dec 14, 2020
Really? Explain to me how translating a game is not easy.
Translating these games in it's entirety means they gotta translate it to us in a way that makes sense to us in the other language (in this case English) and not just the sloppy direct and often literal way of translating that a computer method does or MTL, so it involves a lot of manual editting and fine tuning to do it the right way.

That's the first part then they still gotta implement that into the game with font changes and all sorts of other overlay stuff and some coding. Then also making sure it dosen't bug out badly as a result.

Others can probably tell you the nitty gritty but doing a translation is still quite an undertaking by yourself considering the above and if it's also not your primary job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corbeau

droglob

Aug 26, 2017
Translating these games in it's entirety means they gotta translate it to us in a way that makes sense to us in the other language (in this case English) and not just the sloppy direct and often literal way of translating that a computer method does or MTL, so it involves a lot of manual editting and fine tuning to do it the right way.

That's the first part then they still gotta implement that into the game with font changes and all sorts of other overlay stuff and some coding. Then also making sure it dosen't bug out badly as a result.

Others can probably tell you the nitty gritty but doing a translation is still quite an undertaking by yourself considering the above and if it's also not your primary job.
WOW
Translate the text AND write it down? Sounds borderline herculean.

droglob

Aug 26, 2017
You are always welcome to translate it, my friend :giggle:
I would, if i knew Japanese, and i would have it done in maybe two weeks of lazily working on it. Alas i don't know Japanese and the process will probably will be automated before i could learn it even if i wanted to so you are unfortunately out of luck. I guess translators pioneered the "this is months worth of work, trust me" before WEG devs did if i really think about it.

• Angry
Reactions: ohry13 and Corbeau

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Wow... you really have absolutely no idea how difficult it is to translate a language that is as extremely different from English as Japanese is... do you? You ALSO have no idea how complicated it can get to make the text work when lines that are 10 characters long in JP can end as double or triple that amount if not more in English. Punctuation and spacing is also very different.

It's not just the text that takes time you know? It's making sure that you can insert the text back into a game was not originally designed to display that text. Some games legitimately break if you try that. That's not mentioning the fact that the more complex a game is, the more you have to look out for potentially fucking up scrips/variables/etc that might actually depend on text values being a specific thing in the original language.

Do you have any translation experience at all? Like with say Arabic or Russian or Indian? Or in general any language that does NOT use this specific Alphabet and letters? Because if you don't, you are very much talking out of your ass.

.Nemo.

May 19, 2017
I would, if i knew Japanese, and i would have it done in maybe two weeks of lazily working on it. Alas i don't know Japanese and the process will probably will be automated before i could learn it even if i wanted to so you are unfortunately out of luck. I guess translators pioneered the "this is months worth of work, trust me" before WEG devs did if i really think about it.
Like I said, you are welcome to try. Until you know first hand the process, don't talk as if you how the process works mate. :giggle:

yume11

Nov 12, 2020
Then nothing is stopping you from translating a game, you can use a translator to help you. Then the process to implement it to the game should be like a day's worth because of google and all. You could be making bank doing it to hundreds of games that need translations.

Reactions: Corbeau

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
View attachment 1844890

uh huh
But i get it, translating all those sex noises and moans is really taxing.
Why yes, I am aware of that statistic too. That statistic also assumes native language levels of knowledge in both languages, which you would know too if you actually paged through some of the results of this google search. You might also realize that translating a book is very different from translating a game. A game doesn't really have a convenient text dump after all. Book translations generally involve the translator working through a text dump, sending the results to proof-readers and then it all gets sent to editors.

That 2-3 day things assumes no proof-reading, no editing, no nada.

Also, how convenient of you to ignore all the other work needed to actually make a game translation work.

Or have you not seen all those MTLs that completely break games? They're done in a very short time, and they're also entirely useless because they crash, or have tons of text that runs off-screen... so on and so forth.

But hey, let's ALSO ignore that most fan translators are not native speakers of Japanese with that level of knowledge. Let's also ignore the fact that they do not have 8 hours a day, every day to translate. Let's also ignore that they need some level of knowledge about the game engine and whatnot to make it work. That they may need to edit images and whatnot that has text in it. That all the text may be split between a bunch of different files like the individual map files for RPGM games and more....

By all means, why don't you take a game that was translated in English, and translate it in Portuguese, which seems to be your native language, and let us know if you can actually get it working in 2-3 days. Should be easy right?

HoneyLibido

Dec 14, 2020
It's pointless guy is either trolling or really one of those people that go "I'll show you!!... If I had the skill" and really believe in it wholeheartedly but won't even lift a finger to get on the basic track (in this case even learning the other language) nevermind all the other stuff.

Reactions: Fap_to_hentai123
4.50 star(s) 4 Votes