RPGM None [Translation Request ] Samurai Vandalism [ONEONE1]

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
If you mean OneOne1, they said it's going to be an update not an append.

If you mean KaguraGames, they're def going to release the current state of the game first, since the Big Update likely won't be out until late 2021, or early 2022
Who ever said they'd be that quick to finish this? Knowing Kagura it generally takes forever to get anything done.
So if the 'big update' is gonna drop this year, it wouldn't surprise me that it'd be in Kagura's initial release since I don't really expect them to finish that this year anymore.
Sure they've officially announced it, but that's usually the start of a very long wait period.

Only way it'd still drop this year is if they were already working with the DEV during DEV.
Same for Kamichichi's newest actually. It also just dropped a few days ago (and was announced by Kagura a long ass time ago), but if they still need to 'start work' on it then yeah ... it won't be for any time soon.

At the very least you can expect there to be no delay in 'uncensoring' the CG 'after the fact', since the uncensored release was already decided upon long before release. The original author can then do both cen/unc at the same time.
So if you're to 'win' some time somewhere, it's likely there.

But as for the translation of an application that is constantly 'in flux' ... dunno about games really, but usually doesn't happen in general. Maybe if there's a real proper 'translation key' system to prevent regression after updates (ignoring the fact that you might end up doing unnecessary work on dropped parts of the application) AND there's a reason for that to be done in parallel (costing extra budget for something like localization), such as a tight deadline or intermediate multi-language releases (both of which don't really apply here).

Something new about kagura's translation?
Well, who knows eh.

Loligami

Jun 6, 2020
Who ever said they'd be that quick to finish this? Knowing Kagura it generally takes forever to get anything done.
So if the 'big update' is gonna drop this year, it wouldn't surprise me that it'd be in Kagura's initial release since I don't really expect them to finish that this year anymore.
Sure they've officially announced it, but that's usually the start of a very long wait period.

Only way it'd still drop this year is if they were already working with the DEV during DEV.
Same for Kamichichi's newest actually. It also just dropped a few days ago (and was announced by Kagura a long ass time ago), but if they still need to 'start work' on it then yeah ... it won't be for any time soon.

At the very least you can expect there to be no delay in 'uncensoring' the CG 'after the fact', since the uncensored release was already decided upon long before release. The original author can then do both cen/unc at the same time.
So if you're to 'win' some time somewhere, it's likely there.

But as for the translation of an application that is constantly 'in flux' ... dunno about games really, but usually doesn't happen in general. Maybe if there's a real proper 'translation key' system to prevent regression after updates (ignoring the fact that you might end up doing unnecessary work on dropped parts of the application) AND there's a reason for that to be done in parallel (costing extra budget for something like localization), such as a tight deadline or intermediate multi-language releases (both of which don't really apply here).

Well, who knows eh.
I already said why in this thread. Ideology in Friction was translated by Kagura games 2 months after it's release, and the Append was later translated as well after it came out.

Considering that Kagura games has already worked with OneOne1 in the past, and due Samurai Vandalism selling as well as it did, it's going to be a high priority project for them to finish.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
I already said why in this thread. Ideology in Friction was translated by Kagura games 2 months after it's release, and the Append was later translated as well after it came out.

Considering that Kagura games has already worked with OneOne1 in the past, and due Samurai Vandalism selling as well as it did, it's going to be a high priority project for them to finish.
Well, could be ... only time will tell. We'll see eh.

MTCF

Aug 31, 2017
Game got updated to 1.10. THIS IS NOT VER. 2.0 The big update

This update got each(?) birth scene it's own CG, and apparently there was a replacement of some scenes

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
This game kind of proves that it can be profitable to produce high quality, both in art & volume.
With most games, you should already be happy if you get more than 30 CG, but this one offers over 400, with almost 300 HCG.

As a result, the game costs 40 bucks but it's sold +50K copies already, so yeah.
Their team is of course not just 1 person, so there are certainly more wages to be paid, but I think you can clearly say this game is already profitable now, after just a few months of sales (even with the dlsite numbers only).
Sure, it's no Call of Duty, but still ... that still puts it at the top in sales in this segment (again, going off the dlsite numbers).

If only we had more circles who manage those numbers.

Jonathan Y

Dec 1, 2020
This game kind of proves that it can be profitable to produce high quality, both in art & volume.
With most games, you should already be happy if you get more than 30 CG, but this one offers over 400, with almost 300 HCG.

As a result, the game costs 40 bucks but it's sold +50K copies already, so yeah.
Their team is of course not just 1 person, so there are certainly more wages to be paid, but I think you can clearly say this game is already profitable now, after just a few months of sales (even with the dlsite numbers only).
Sure, it's no Call of Duty, but still ... that still puts it at the top in sales in this segment (again, going off the dlsite numbers).

Amen to that wish and sentiment. If there ever was an H game worth properly buying for me, it's this one........
Although I'm still kinda miffed we have no proper release date for the official translation, we might be in for a long wait.

MTCF

Aug 31, 2017

I agree with some of the points, the only thing that makes me wonder why some groups don't accept Kagura's proposition on the translation still is ????? reason

I remember asking a dev if they wanted their games to be translated and he said that his game really wouldn't fit translation (Did he badmouthed his game? Or doesn't trust the translators)

Reactions: Sparkfox

bbbbb12345

Mar 4, 2019
i've got an error from the prologue, then i skip it and when i leave the first room i get this error, can anyone help me with this!? 1632280106632.png

Haleluyo

Mar 26, 2020
Has anyone managed to decrypt the game? I'm still new to this kind of stuff and I want the audio of the game.

loka224

Oct 10, 2018
Sigh, i'm patiently waiting for the english kagura translation, to be able to support oneone, and enjoy the game with good english, but damn i hope it will not be too long left before it's out.

I started the game with xunity translation but stopped quickly to enjoy the game in good conditions.

Loligami

Jun 6, 2020
Sigh, i'm patiently waiting for the english kagura translation, to be able to support oneone, and enjoy the game with good english, but damn i hope it will not be too long left before it's out.

I started the game with xunity translation but stopped quickly to enjoy the game in good conditions.
At this point I'm thinking they're just waiting for the Big Update to be finished before releasing the translation. OneOne1 already recently added a couple CGs to the current Samurai Vandalism and I'm assuming that OneOne1 and Kagura are talking to one another about how they are gonna handle it.

But I feel you man, I really really want this to be released.

Though I have no doubt that Kagura has done a large amount of the translation already

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
At this point I'm thinking they're just waiting for the Big Update to be finished before releasing the translation. OneOne1 already recently added a couple CGs to the current Samurai Vandalism and I'm assuming that OneOne1 and Kagura are talking to one another about how they are gonna handle it.

But I feel you man, I really really want this to be released.

Though I have no doubt that Kagura has done a large amount of the translation already
I seriously doubt that. If that 'big update' is a similar style DLC as the Ideology in Friction, I'm sure they're gonna wanna sell it as DLC.
You weren't really expecting Kagura to go announce this & release it in like a month's time right?
So there's no 'at this point' about it I'd say.

Extra DLC has very little to do with it I would expect. The Dungeon Town game also released w/o the DLC pack and other games have also launched w/o DLC packs that were already available.

Just face it ... Kagura ain't exactly 'fast' to release anything after announcing they're doing it.
And even this one, with relatively high sales (especially compared to most eroge), which might get it bumped forward in the queue, is still highly likely to take a while.

Loligami

Jun 6, 2020
I seriously doubt that. If that 'big update' is a similar style DLC as the Ideology in Friction, I'm sure they're gonna wanna sell it as DLC.
You weren't really expecting Kagura to go announce this & release it in like a month's time right?
So there's no 'at this point' about it I'd say.

Extra DLC has very little to do with it I would expect. The Dungeon Town game also released w/o the DLC pack and other games have also launched w/o DLC packs that were already available.

Just face it ... Kagura ain't exactly 'fast' to release anything after announcing they're doing it.
And even this one, with relatively high sales (especially compared to most eroge), which might get it bumped forward in the queue, is still highly likely to take a while.
The Big Update is going to be a patch to the game, not a DLC like Ideology in Friction where it's a separate product.

I never expected it in a month, but in a few? Absolutely.

You're right that Kagura isn't fast to release anything after announcing it, expect for Ideology in Friction which was released 2 months after it's JP release.

OneOne1 was already mentioning prior to Samurai Vandalism's release that there would be a steam English release, which means OneOne1 and Kagura games were already in the talks. Makes sense, since Ideology in Friction was released 2 months after the JP version.

So thinking that Kagura would prioritize Samurai Vandalism, and even already have completed a large chunk of the translation isn't a stretch or anything.

Also OneOne1 can easily influence Kagura to speed the launch of Samurai Vandalism. OneOne1 is very aware of the Western fanbase for his games, and as I mentioned before, prior to the launch of Samurai Vandalism had already confirmed a ENG steam release.

Reactions: jasterx17

jasterx17

May 20, 2019
The Big Update is going to be a patch to the game, not a DLC like Ideology in Friction where it's a separate product.

I never expected it in a month, but in a few? Absolutely.

You're right that Kagura isn't fast to release anything after announcing it, expect for Ideology in Friction which was released 2 months after it's JP release.

OneOne1 was already mentioning prior to Samurai Vandalism's release that there would be a steam English release, which means OneOne1 and Kagura games were already in the talks. Makes sense, since Ideology in Friction was released 2 months after the JP version.

So thinking that Kagura would prioritize Samurai Vandalism, and even already have completed a large chunk of the translation isn't a stretch or anything.

Also OneOne1 can easily influence Kagura to speed the launch of Samurai Vandalism. OneOne1 is very aware of the Western fanbase for his games, and as I mentioned before, prior to the launch of Samurai Vandalism had already confirmed a ENG steam release.
I think there probably just waiting on the update from oneone1 than releasing it when its all out.