RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

Cryptz

Dec 28, 2017
Will use this, thanks.

Would you happen to have a link to their website, particularly for this? I'd love to take a look.

I didn't know, for example, that they spelled Kudina "Kudhina", as well as Kitorei being "Kitoray".

I assume the spoiler list aren't the only names they give?
Sure.

There's a list of their released extras on the sidebar for easier navigation.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Shoot, was really hoping it would include the demon girls, that way I could confirm if the romanji for Perijia was meant to be Peridia and if Nerupura was Nelpura. Some of the passwords are stuff like ntr and xxx, meaning I'll still have to infer names for a lot of the girls.

Thank you though, this is a very good source, the more I can use to make accurate translations, the better.

bearFucker

Jul 27, 2020
Hi, update. Progress is slow but continuous, and I'm here to provide some more translation stuff.

Down below are some screenshots of different characters interacting. Translations are subject to change, but hopefully you notice a huge difference in the dialogue compared to MTL stuff. Also spoilers, if that's your thing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For now I am focused on translating every possible dialogue that can be seen before Rai appears, as stated before. Would people be interested in a place, such as discord, for playtesting new translations that come out? Playtesting would include finding any dialogue boxes that haven't been translated, making sure grammar is okay, indentation is okay, finding any spots where the dialogue goes off the text box, and generally making sure the translation is up to standard. I would want to complete this first section before doing so, as I want people to have a sizable chunk of the game to play through.

If anyone knows or has a guide for a lot of the content in this game, that would be appreciated as well.

Also if anyone could answer a question I have with image editing, that'd be really cool. The problem I'm having is that when I'm editing names, they appear to be a lower quality than that of the previous translator's work. For example, Nelpura's name is less crisp than Nerupura's, it's especially noticeable in-game.
View attachment 2481467 View attachment 2481468
There are also subtle differences between the two, like the p's and r's being at a different height than the other letters, making the whole thing feel less dynamic. I'm currently trying to play with GIMP to see what I can do to best replicate the images, but any help would be appreciated.

This game goes all out, a lot of characters have multiple dialogue cases for when Mikami is:
  • Clothed and an adult
  • Naked and an adult
  • Clothed and a loli
  • Naked and a loli
  • Pregnant, clothed and an adult
  • Pregnant, naked and an adult
  • Pregnant, clothed and a loli
  • Pregnant, naked and a loli
It’s amazing to see the amount of effort they put into catering to multiple fetishes.

Does it have the freaky abortion sex of the first one?

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Hi, update. Progress is slow but continuous, and I'm here to provide some more translation stuff.

Down below are some screenshots of different characters interacting. Translations are subject to change, but hopefully you notice a huge difference in the dialogue compared to MTL stuff. Also spoilers, if that's your thing.

For now I am focused on translating every possible dialogue that can be seen before Rai appears, as stated before. Would people be interested in a place, such as discord, for playtesting new translations that come out? Playtesting would include finding any dialogue boxes that haven't been translated, making sure grammar is okay, indentation is okay, finding any spots where the dialogue goes off the text box, and generally making sure the translation is up to standard. I would want to complete this first section before doing so, as I want people to have a sizable chunk of the game to play through.

If anyone knows or has a guide for a lot of the content in this game, that would be appreciated as well.

Also if anyone could answer a question I have with image editing, that'd be really cool. The problem I'm having is that when I'm editing names, they appear to be a lower quality than that of the previous translator's work. For example, Nelpura's name is less crisp than Nerupura's, it's especially noticeable in-game.
There are also subtle differences between the two, like the p's and r's being at a different height than the other letters, making the whole thing feel less dynamic. I'm currently trying to play with GIMP to see what I can do to best replicate the images, but any help would be appreciated.

This game goes all out, a lot of characters have multiple dialogue cases for when Mikami is:
  • Clothed and an adult
  • Naked and an adult
  • Clothed and a loli
  • Naked and a loli
It’s amazing to see the amount of effort they put into catering to multiple fetishes.

Yeah the game goes all out with fetishes, it's honestly a masterpiece in that regard and has great gameplay.

If you're looking for a guide for the game, I used this one for brothel guide but I think it also has general gameplay as well:

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
It's a 'postgame' 'feature'
In the slum village area, a previously locked house gets unlocked and there Mikami meets a sorcerer in exile who does all the abortion scenes.
Never touched it personally, but it's still in this game like the first one.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Yeah the game goes all out with fetishes, it's honestly a masterpiece in that regard and has great gameplay.

If you're looking for a guide for the game, I used this one for brothel guide but I think it also has general gameplay as well:
Oh shit this is perfect!

This'll be great for when I need to find specific scenes in the game! Thanks for this!

Jun 21, 2019
So where to find all that translated images from ULMF to import them in game?
I don't mind playing with auto translation in general text, but the interface images of brothel mode or etc is quite critical to understand.
I've checked full save and holy shit - this game is huge on features level.

Dreamsoda

Sep 10, 2017
So where to find all that translated images from ULMF to import them in game?
I don't mind playing with auto translation in general text, but the interface images of brothel mode or etc is quite critical to understand.
I've checked full save and holy shit - this game is huge on features level.
You're gonna want two files, the one on the op, and another on post 10, just scroll down a little, unzip both and let them overwrite the decrypted archive

Jun 21, 2019
You're gonna want two files, the one on the op, and another on post 10, just scroll down a little, unzip both and let them overwrite the decrypted archive
Shit if they already translated EVERY ONE OF THIS text-related images - they are HEROES.
But no - i've downloaded 1.834 partial - from the thread but there was only Mikami UI images translated, i mean the brothel mode menu translation...is there a link to this?

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019

• Clothed and an adult
  • Naked and an adult
  • Clothed and a loli
  • Naked and a loli

Bro - can i help you with translating those brothel images?

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Bro - can i help you with translating those brothel images?
You certainly can, but I'm planning on translating them anyway since I need to know what the menus do to translate the game.

There's about 1553 images I've separated from the game that require translating on Rai's side, and I'm sure I've missed a few. If you have the time sink then go ahead, you don't even need to translate them all, any work is good work. But for now I'm working at my own pace.

If you ever need information about anything, feel free to ask me, though I don't know how much help I'll be until I get deep into Rai's side.

Jun 21, 2019
You certainly can, but I'm planning on translating them anyway since I need to know what the menus do to translate the game.

There's about 1553 images I've separated from the game that require translating on Rai's side, and I'm sure I've missed a few. If you have the time sink then go ahead, you don't even need to translate them all, any work is good work. But for now I'm working at my own pace.

If you ever need information about anything, feel free to ask me, though I don't know how much help I'll be until I get deep into Rai's side.
So i need you to guide me through all the way you translate the one picture, fonts names, programs you using, the way you translate text from image - i mean what you using.
I can use Photoshop and one of theese apps to translate images via phone camera.
Sorry i'm not native english, my english is kinda bad - but i'm really want to help.
I separated untranslated text-related images from 1.834 partial - so i see how much work you are doin'.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
So i need you to guide me through all the way you translate the one picture, fonts names, programs you using, the way you translate text from image - i mean what you using.
I can use Photoshop and one of theese apps to translate images via phone camera.
Sorry i'm not native english, my english is kinda bad - but i'm really want to help.
I separated untranslated text-related images from 1.834 partial - so i see how much work you are doin'.
For the names of the girls, I'm using "DomoAregato." They're thin and somewhat stick-like, so this seemed the closest to the original game's font. The first one is my edit.
show_det_fmname_1.png show_det_fmname_2.png

For the show_06c_prf images and similar images, I've been using the previous translator's "Silkscreen" font. Any type of text similar to this should use Silkscreen for continuity. The first one is my edit.
show_06c_prf1_1.png show_06c_prf1_2.png
Writing like this would probably have more of a human touch to the writing and have more imperfect qualities to them, so I'd dissuade against fonts that are "perfect", some examples being Arial or Times New Roman.
show_09_exp_1.png

For things like the skill screen, the previous person used the "CHILLER" font, and used a gradient. It's also bolded, because the odd dot above a capital T's are only visible when bolded.
main_otoko_skill_base.png main_mikami_skill_base.png

For things like menu titles or any big words, I've been using the previous translator's "Amazing Kids" font. The first two are edits by the original translator, the third one is my edit.
main_award1_finish.png main_award1_base_aa.png show_50_conres_b.png

If you need any of these fonts, just PM me and I'll send them to you as soon as I can, the hard part was reverse searching the previous image translator's work, lol.

For any images you have with that particular circle above, I made a template for any future pictures that need it so the dimensions don't change from picture to picture.
show_50_conres_template.png
This is all the work that's happened so far, or at least that I've encountered. I'm still discovering and translating people's names, so while they are the easiest to translate, they might require some edits in the future if you start there for continuity. And although I am not technically the only person working on this, there are terms in the game that may be different from how you translate them or have yet to be translated, so be aware of that (i.e. the person before me translated the city as Gladiolus, meanwhile I've changed it to be Grandiolas.) I am also going back and changing some of the images he's done, such as changing images with "Nerupura" to "Nelpura" down below (left is my edit, right is the previous translator's edit, all I did was match his font and spacing for the "Sex Data: Nelpura" part):
main_hdet_base_ba.png main_hdet_base_aa.png

I've used GIMP for the most part, though it is bad at maintaining the quality of the images for the names when rotating layers, so I'm looking for one that doesn't resort in quality degradation when that happens. Any easy edits, such as the names, are edited using Paint 3D occasionally. Generally I will create a new layer and try to imitate where the text would be as close as possible. Once that's done, just erase or color over the original text with the background's color and you have a translated image.

For image translating I've used two apps, the Google Translate app, and one called Kanji Lookup, they're both on iOS. For Kanji Lookup, I additionally use Jisho to translate, since it gives each individual kanji. Google Translate is mostly for sentences, Kanji Lookup is for phrases.

I am a translator first and foremost, so my specialty is on that area. If you need help or are unsure of any translations, I'd be glad to help. I can also be a quality assurance check for your work, or even be the one to translate any images you want to edit beforehand so that you don't need to worry about the translation part and only focus on editing if you want that as well, all you would need is to communicate with me before that sort of thing.

If you would still like to offer help, good luck. I'd also like to say if it becomes too much for you, please don't feel obligated to work yourself to death. You're not really being paid after all, it's a fan effort. I'd be more than happy to pick up where you left off and credit you for helping.

Edit: I just found out the names and silkscreen text doesn't show when you click on them since they're too dark, if you download them you should be able to see them better since the background is meant to be transparent.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update.

I want to try and make a schedule for updates, like every week or every two weeks on Sunday/Monday or something like that. So, I'll try to update every week as long as I have a decent amount of progress.

Because of the nature of this game, I will consider NPC’s that need certain requirements to appear not required for a specific section. I will be doing these NPCs as I go, since I will be handling and going through the game naturally. This may change in the future, but if you happen to find any untranslated NPCs, that’s the reason why.

I have also made a checklist of the areas I need to do, and which sections they are a part of. For now, it is only before Envein for now. This includes grammar and text box checking. If a box is checked, it means I have completely finished translating or editing the area, including proofreading. CS refers to Casual Sex. Any characters with quotes means I have yet to finalize their name. For the most part the previous translator translated them very well, but there are a few changes I may make to their names like the previous ones (Shict -> Schict, Sanion -> Sagnon, etc.) It's the pdf file down below. For the sex scenes, the numbers below "Service" and "Sex" indicate the specified scene. Most of them will have around 3-4 scenes.

View attachment Vitamin Quest 2 Checklist.pdf