Tool Translator++ 4.9.28 Standard Version / Developer Version

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
I don't suppose it's possible for a script to scan an entire block (Lets say the [Initial] block in this case) and if it detects multiples of the same letter (lets say 4 or more of the same letter in a row) it'll automatically execute the above script?
So, I did the script for that. It scans for any english text with 10+ consecutives identical characters and if it finds it, it'll execute the line by line translation that should fix most of the problems.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
------------------------------------

While I was doing that I discovered that just by cleaning the string a bit you can get some better translations.

So yeah, the simple cleaner improves SOME translations, very few but even so its an improvement.
I'll leave the modded file in the attachments, just replace the files.
==============================================================

Sugoi Gold Translator Addon
I kinda made a custom replacer parser that improves the translations by A LOT. so far I didn't found one of those bugged translations, and even if another one is found, I made an options on the addon to enable anyone to fix that manually.

As this was getting a bit different and to avoid any future addons update breaking it I've decided to make this into a new addon.
Naming it Sugoi Gold Translator to comply with those red google, red sugoi sub-addons lol.
Here are some results done with the new addon
sugoi3.jpg

The usage is exactly the same as the Sugoi Translator, the big difference is in the options for the addon and how it prepares the string to be translated.
It comes with a default pattern that I made that works great for this game. As other games find bugged translations they can be appended to the replacer parser.
So you only need to select the Sugoi Gold Translator and use it like normal.

Advanced options

Installation
File in attachments(sugoiGoldTrans_addon_for_4.3.31_x64 (latest public).rar)
Unpack the files in the Translator++ folder.
From the options, select Sugoi Gold Translator as the default translator engine.

The addon folder is at 'www/addons/sugoiTransGold'

Considerations
Both normal and Gold versions of Sugoi does not have the HexEscape parser enabled so they will most probably lost variable names for games that use nameable characters.
If you batch translate a map it'll try to translate all the cells including the event names.
From what i've seen it just outputs the same which is the ideal behavior and should not break anything.
Google translator addon has a parser that marks those cells so that you can use tags to exclude them when exporting the translations to avoid errors. Sugoi addon does not have that.

In the future if I decide to check if it's worth to use the hexEscaper to keep the variable names inside text I might look into that too.

----
Hopefully I didn't forget anything.

========== EDIT ===========
I was testing the addon with an old MTL game to see if everything works
And found out that when you batch translate it. After the first batch ended, it would get stuck at setting tables. So I dig up a little.
Turns out this is a problem of Translator++ itself, at least on the latest public version(4.3.31_x64 (latest public)).

I made a script to "fix" this for Translator++ itself, until they patch it.
It'll just skip the "untranslateable" cells. If there is an untranslateable line, there'll be a message on the batch log.

This is a bug of the batch code so you can still translate the cell by right clicking it and choosing translate.
To make the live easier I've also added a script for you to execute after the batch is done.
It'll scan all the empty cells and if it finds one, it'll simply translate it.
(you can re-run the batch again, skipping translated lines, to check if everything is alright and update the % translated at the files)

To apply the fix, unpack and override the file.
The fix script is also inside, you can run it per file like the script at the top.

Again, this should be rare and its a bug of Translator++ itself on the latest public release only when batching.
PS: The script is made to use sugoi gold translator addon, but to change it just edit the file
------- Final Edit ------
I did a test run using this on this old google MTL game (https://f95zone.to/threads/npc-sex-...sistance-2-final-latte-art.45244/post-9067448)

Last edited:

Konnect

Jun 10, 2020
Hello, having a problem using Ctrl G with Sugoi. I can translate in batches fine, also singular cells as well under the initial column. Anyone know why I can't use Ctrl g with Sugoi? It works fine with the other translators. Thanks

Konnect

Jun 10, 2020
After some research I fixed the majority of my issues. Ctrl G does work if I don't click on "initial" to highlight the entire row. I either have to manually highlight the row or translate into a batch. Thanks for the help

Konnect

Jun 10, 2020
So, I did the script for that. It scans for any english text with 10+ consecutives identical characters and if it finds it, it'll execute the line by line translation that should fix most of the problems.

------------------------------------

While I was doing that I discovered that just by cleaning the string a bit you can get some better translations.

So yeah, the simple cleaner improves SOME translations, very few but even so its an improvement.
I'll leave the modded file in the attachments, just replace the files.
==============================================================

Sugoi Gold Translator Addon
I kinda made a custom replacer parser that improves the translations by A LOT. so far I didn't found one of those bugged translations, and even if another one is found, I made an options on the addon to enable anyone to fix that manually.

As this was getting a bit different and to avoid any future addons update breaking it I've decided to make this into a new addon.
Naming it Sugoi Gold Translator to comply with those red google, red sugoi sub-addons lol.
Here are some results done with the new addon
View attachment 2069226

The usage is exactly the same as the Sugoi Translator, the big difference is in the options for the addon and how it prepares the string to be translated.
It comes with a default pattern that I made that works great for this game. As other games find bugged translations they can be appended to the replacer parser.
So you only need to select the Sugoi Gold Translator and use it like normal.

Advanced options

Installation
File in attachments(sugoiGoldTrans_addon_for_4.3.31_x64 (latest public).rar)
Unpack the files in the Translator++ folder.
From the options, select Sugoi Gold Translator as the default translator engine.

The addon folder is at 'www/addons/sugoiTransGold'

Considerations
Both normal and Gold versions of Sugoi does not have the HexEscape parser enabled so they will most probably lost variable names for games that use nameable characters.
If you batch translate a map it'll try to translate all the cells including the event names.
From what i've seen it just outputs the same which is the ideal behavior and should not break anything.
Google translator addon has a parser that marks those cells so that you can use tags to exclude them when exporting the translations to avoid errors. Sugoi addon does not have that.

In the future if I decide to check if it's worth to use the hexEscaper to keep the variable names inside text I might look into that too.

----
Hopefully I didn't forget anything.

========== EDIT ===========
I was testing the addon with an old MTL game to see if everything works
And found out that when you batch translate it. After the first batch ended, it would get stuck at setting tables. So I dig up a little.
Turns out this is a problem of Translator++ itself, at least on the latest public version(4.3.31_x64 (latest public)).

I made a script to "fix" this for Translator++ itself, until they patch it.
It'll just skip the "untranslateable" cells. If there is an untranslateable line, there'll be a message on the batch log.

This is a bug of the batch code so you can still translate the cell by right clicking it and choosing translate.
To make the live easier I've also added a script for you to execute after the batch is done.
It'll scan all the empty cells and if it finds one, it'll simply translate it.
(you can re-run the batch again, skipping translated lines, to check if everything is alright and update the % translated at the files)

To apply the fix, unpack and override the file.
The fix script is also inside, you can run it per file like the script at the top.

Again, this should be rare and its a bug of Translator++ itself on the latest public release only when batching.
PS: The script is made to use sugoi gold translator addon, but to change it just edit the file
------- Final Edit ------
I did a test run using this on this old google MTL game (https://f95zone.to/threads/npc-sex-...sistance-2-final-latte-art.45244/post-9067448)

Your posts are amazing, thank you for sharing and helping the community. The creator would probably love your feed back, he's very active on his discord.

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
After some research I fixed the majority of my issues. Ctrl G does work if I don't click on "initial" to highlight the entire row. I either have to manually highlight the row or translate into a batch. Thanks for the help
Not sure, haven't tested that. I only use Ctrl+G to translate a few cells here and there when I'm trying out new cleaning patterns.

I used my script "Translate Empy Lines (sugoitransgold).js", which is inside the fixBatchTranslation rar.
Select the column you want the translation to go to, right click -> Execute script, select the file and execute.
It'll scan for all the empty cells and run the translation only on them.
I's made to work with the modded version that I did, but you can edit the file and rename the trans["sugoitransgold"] to trans["sugoitrans"] to make it work with the normal sugoi addon.

Konnect

Jun 10, 2020
Thanks for the help darksshades.

I'm having difficulty enabling cuda. Receiving this error message. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

1664483356955.png

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
Thanks for the help darksshades.

I'm having difficulty enabling cuda. Receiving this error message. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 2072183
Have you tried running it anyways? That error is normal and should not affect the installation.

tl;dr: This error is more like a warning. It's normal and you can safely ignore it in this case, the same happens here and it all works fine.

Rotatnemmoc

Feb 3, 2022
I am kinda lost on this, and I might just be very obtuse, but I couldn't really find any other places with information on this (not even on the official documentation), so I figure I'll just ask here anyway.

Is there a reason why I cannot save my project into a .trans file?

For more information I'm on the public release ver. 4.3.31, and my project is just an autosave.json (which is apparently stored in the cache). I am unable to use either the Save File or Save As function to output a .trans file and there doesn't seem to be any other way to save this project other than just letting the program self overwrite the autosave.json, or exporting the .tpp Trans++ Project file (which I've been doing). Am I just stupid or what >_>

Nov 2, 2021
I am unable to use either the Save File or Save As function to output a .trans file and there doesn't seem to be any other way to save this project other than just letting the program self overwrite the autosave.json, or exporting the .tpp Trans++ Project file
Probably you had a failure, an error, what caused it - it is useless to guess. The solution should be as follows: Find the file autosave.json, this is the most important step. Use a search, check the game folder.
Start a new project in any version of the program.
Import the translations from the file autosave.json.

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
How do you merge then translate?

Can't seem to get Ctrl+shift+G to work correctly.
As of now, the Ctrl+shift+G shortcut is only on the paid version of Translator++ yet.

On the older version you need to select it and choose "Execute script", then there is a script that does that.
There is a script that comes with Translator++ named "Join the line then translate.js"
You might need to edit it to choose which translator it'll use because I think it's hardcoded.
So change the line
JavaScript:
// select the translator
const translator = trans["deepl"];
to (for sugoi translator)
JavaScript:
// select the translator
const translator = trans["sugoitrans"];
to (for google translator)
JavaScript:
// select the translator
const translator = trans["google"];

Konnect

Jun 10, 2020
As of now, the Ctrl+shift+G shortcut is only on the paid version of Translator++ yet.

On the older version you need to select it and choose "Execute script", then there is a script that does that.
There is a script that comes with Translator++ named "Join the line then translate.js"
You might need to edit it to choose which translator it'll use because I think it's hardcoded.
So change the line
JavaScript:
// select the translator
const translator = trans["deepl"];
to (for sugoi translator)
JavaScript:
// select the translator
const translator = trans["sugoitrans"];
to (for google translator)
JavaScript:
// select the translator
const translator = trans["google"];
Hello Darksshades!

My issue is that I dont have an "execute script" in the context menu lol. Thanks for the response though :)

1664683802747.png

m72law

Mar 16, 2021
Darksshades any idea why I'm getting these weird translations ?
1664725649960.png
If i run them manually through sugoi translate it translates fine, but whenever I run them from Translator++ I get these weird results..

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
Hello Darksshades!

My issue is that I dont have an "execute script" in the context menu lol. Thanks for the response though :)
Oh, you are using a newer version. My guess is that execute script is now this "Execute automation" they must have changed the name. Never used this version so I can't say much about the changes.
Also, as you are using the new version the Ctrl+shift+g shortcut should have worked. Again, I never tested this newer version.

Darksshades any idea why I'm getting these weird translations ?
If i run them manually through sugoi translate it translates fine, but whenever I run them from Translator++ I get these weird results..
Could be your translation engine. Try red sugoi.
Yeah, Translator++ suggoi addons does some filtering on the translation before passing it over to Sugoi so this can affect the final result. Ideally the filtering done should improve the translation and not make it worst.

You can check the Sugoi server console and see exactly what Sugoi is receiving in the end and compare the one you manually copied and the one that T++ is giving it to see if there are any strange characters.

If you are using Standard Sugoi Addon I can tell you now that, that is most likely the problem. The standard sugoi addon does not parse the rpgmaker string and gives a lot of junk text to sugoi.

You might want to try my Sugoi Gold addon or red Sugoi as konnect said.
You can also use red Suggoi piggyback with Sugoi Gold.

My sugoi Gold addon only adds the ability to replace and filter the japanese text to make is so sugoi understand it better. It improves a lot moaning and garbage text translations.
Red sugoi is a wrapper that does a lot of things, including keeping those special rpgmaker strings that use variables for nameable characters.

You can get my sugoi gold from a few posts back.
Red sugoi, you can get com the official install addon inside t++

Reactions: m72law

Konnect

Jun 10, 2020
You can also use red Suggoi piggyback with Sugoi Gold.
I tested this out on your sugoi gold server. It's almost word for word with red sugoi. Have you compared the two? Also, what is the difference between your sugoi gold server and the standard server? Thanks Darksshades!!

Konnect

Jun 10, 2020
[Sugoi gold + piggyback misses some words or translations sometimes towards the end of a sentence. Maybe around 3 percent of the time

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
I tested this out on your sugoi gold server. It's almost word for word with red sugoi. Have you compared the two? Also, what is the difference between your sugoi gold server and the standard server? Thanks Darksshades!!
The differences are not that much.
The only feature of Sugoi Gold is that it has a custom replacer.
It really shines when getting translations on moans and senseless garbage words.
One of the replacers that I did that comes with it is: if there are 3 or more consecutive characters, put it only one instead.
So a sentence like "んんんんん... すごいいいいいいんんん~" would be replaced for something like "ん... すごいん~" which makes Sugoi get better sense of what the sentence should be.... Sugoi often gives up if there are many alongated words on the text and outputs some very bad infinite words instead.

The custom replacer allows you to filter words that you know makes sugoi break. A added a few but there should be a lot more.
For example every time a sentence had "ふーーっふーーっ" Sugoi would just output "Hah hah hah hah.... hah" and not give you anything else on the sentense.... always. So the replacer replace "ふーーっふーーっ" for nothing, as its not necessary for the meaning, but you could make it replace for something else like "ふーー" that maybe sugoi could inderstand.

Red sugoi features are used to keep protected string like rpgmaker \N[2] in hopefully the right place. And filtering things like quotes. Sending it to translate. And putting the quotes back.
In some cases it will generate different translations as the text sent to Sugoi are slightly different on each version of the addon. But it should be similar enough.

Red piggyback(gold) basically means it will use sugoi to filter the words but instead of sending the filtered translation to Sugoi, Red piggyback will intercept it, make its filters and send it to sugoi instead.
So you get the custom replacer + the red filters.
If you are going to translate a game that uses a lot of rpgmaker commands like colored text, named characters, variables in text. Then it would be best if you used Red Sugoi or Red piggyback with Gold.
Gold is really just the basic standard with the custom replacer added to it to give sugoi better lines.

Reactions: Konnect
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote