Tool Translator++ 4.9.28 Standard Version / Developer Version

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

xort

Jun 1, 2017
Can anyone help a bro out?
Your plugin isn't correctly configured so it is stealth translating the text then including translated text with the Japanese and sending it to get translated again. This clearly doesn't do anything to the English but does translate the Japanense then outputs what looks like double the text.

So it's something like:
<Moon runes> -> translation -> <English + Moon Runes> -> Plugin -> translation -> <English + English>

Vakalo

Modder
Mar 5, 2021
Your plugin isn't correctly configured so it is stealth translating the text then including translated text with the Japanese and sending it to get translated again. This clearly doesn't do anything to the English but does translate the Japanense then outputs what looks like double the text.

So it's something like:
<Moon runes> -> translation -> <English + Moon Runes> -> Plugin -> translation -> <English + English>
I haven't touched any plugins from the Translator++ tool, all I did was change the language in preferences from Russian -> English and so on.

Is there a fix for the issue??

xort

Jun 1, 2017
I haven't touched any plugins from the Translator++ tool, all I did was change the language in preferences from Russian -> English and so on.
Is there a fix for the issue??
No idea. I do all my RPG Maker editing in RPG Maker Editor.
I can do a lot of RPG Maker fixing, all the way into editing plugins and stuff. I talked with someone about Translator++ doubling text once and remembered that so I'm sure that the source of the problem was as I explained. I can poke around a bit just give me some time.

Vakalo

Modder
Mar 5, 2021
Unfortunately, I think this is a problem with the Deepl engine itself.
I'm using it quite often at work and have noticed those duplications happening sometimes. It feels like the engine hesitates between two (sometimes even three) translations and gives them all just in case.
That's a real shame and such an odd and frustrating issue too.
Mostly because the web version of DeepL translates just fine and doesn't seem to have this issue. :(

No idea. I do all my RPG Maker editing in RPG Maker Editor.
I can do a lot of RPG Maker fixing, all the way into editing plugins and stuff. I talked with someone about Translator++ doubling text once and remembered that so I'm sure that the source of the problem was as I explained. I can poke around a bit just give me some time.
Thanks for getting back to me, if you do manage to locate the issue (Hopefully there's a fix, fingers crossed) please get back to me on it.

I really am enjoying translating, wanted to do some more obscure titles but no matter how much manual editing I do, when you have thousands of lines and even 30-40% of them have duplicate issues, the entire work ends up looking sloppy, not to mention how almost impossible it is to fix all of it by hand.

Anyway, no rush, I'll be working on another title in the meantime.
Hopefully I can make it better than the last.

xort

Jun 1, 2017
Hopefully I can make it better than the last.
Just to be sure you said you are using v4.8.3.1 ?
None of the links I found in like 2s of searching had that version. Any reason that version or is it just what you have?

Vakalo

Modder
Mar 5, 2021
Just to be sure you said you are using v4.8.3.1 ?
None of the links I found in like 2s of searching had that version. Any reason that version or is it just what you have?
It was the latest version that was posted here.
Since no one posted the latest 4.9.22, it's what I'm using at the moment.

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
That's a real shame and such an odd and frustrating issue too.
Mostly because the web version of DeepL translates just fine and doesn't seem to have this issue. :(
Unfortunately it IS a problem with deepL itself. I just tested here what translator++ was sending and tried to do the same on the webversion and its repeated the same way.

Here is an example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The first line is one cell and the next 3 lines are in another cell. But when you batch translate it it sends it all together separeted by a newline. DeepL gets confused and spits out those double lines. I tried put some extra newlines or some kinda of separator character to see if that would made deepl know that those were two different sentences but no luck.

If you enter a new webDeepL and paste only the first line or only the last 3, it works as it should. But translator++ can't do that for batch translations or you would get banned for DDoS in seconds for sending thousands of individual requests.

I don't think there is a fix for this problem, sadly. DeepL itself needs to fix this or somehow add an option to interpret each line individually in the same request.

Maybe you could try using SugoiTranslator?. People are saying the new Model works very well for visual novels because of its training base, but not sure how it behaves on translator++.

Reactions: Vakalo

Vakalo

Modder
Mar 5, 2021
Unfortunately it IS a problem with deepL itself. I just tested here what translator++ was sending and tried to do the same on the webversion and its repeated the same way.

Here is an example:

The first line is one cell and the next 3 lines are in another cell. But when you batch translate it it sends it all together separeted by a newline. DeepL gets confused and spits out those double lines. I tried put some extra newlines or some kinda of separator character to see if that would made deepl know that those were two different sentences but no luck.

If you enter a new webDeepL and paste only the first line or only the last 3, it works as it should. But translator++ can't do that for batch translations or you would get banned for DDoS in seconds for sending thousands of individual requests.

I don't think there is a fix for this problem, sadly. DeepL itself needs to fix this or somehow add an option to interpret each line individually in the same request.

Maybe you could try using SugoiTranslator?. People are saying the new Model works very well for visual novels because of its training base, but not sure how it behaves on translator++.
Damn.. That's a real shame.
I've never ran into the issue using the web version, had no idea it still happens.

On the other-hand, I did find this
Hopefully that's the one you mean, if it is I'll check it out later and try to do it, maybe I'll get better results.

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
Damn.. That's a real shame.
I've never ran into the issue using the web version, had no idea it still happens.

On the other-hand, I did find this
Hopefully that's the one you mean, if it is I'll check it out later and try to do it, maybe I'll get better results.
Yeah, that's the one. I just forgot to tell you about the cons of using SugoiTranslator. It is an Offline translator, which means your PC will translate it, no need for internet.... Which its really good but..... Its considerably slower than an online translator because its run on your PC. Its not too bad, but its something to consider if you have a low-end PC or don't want to wait a while for the translations to generate.

Now the positives, SugoiTranslator regularly updates the training base Model with translations based on anime/manga/visual novels so its getting better and better translating these types of japanese games. You just need to download and replace the Models.
You can download the SugoiTranslator Toolkit from the patreon about page(free, links in the about section)( ) and it comes with the 3.0 models inside.
There is also a discussion thread about it here (https://f95zone.to/threads/sugoi-a-...-from-japanese-deepl-competitor.102856/page-2)

Just last month they released a new AI Model name Levi Model which got even better scores at translating games.
Not sure how the Translator++ sugoiTranslator addon works but to update the AI model is just a matter of downloading the new one and placing it in the correct place.

My point is.... Sugoi is totally free and offline so you can translate whatever and whenever you want without data caps. And there are new AI Models are being released every now and again which should improve the translations.
You need to test it to see how it works on Translator++, I've only used it as a standalone app every now and again.
----
PS: I think you need this video to install on Translator++ ( )
The other you you showed is better but it seems its an addons for paid patreons. The one from the video above seems to be available on the public release version.

Last edited:

djweish

Apr 1, 2018

Here is an example:
I followed your link and there weren't any problems on DeepL. Then I noticed that I'm translating into British English - when I change the targeted language to US English, the double problem appears. Does the same thing happen with Translator++? If you change the target language to British English instead of American English, does it help with the doubling issue?

Nemon

Nov 29, 2019
Good day.)

I'm not good at programming, but I know a little about Visual Basic 6.
I was interested in one game, I really wanted to translate it.
Sat down to make a program. As a result, it turned out to translate the game quickly enough and without any hassle. :)

The program, of course, is made poorly and does not translate itself, but it works and performs its function. She helps me GET the Dialogues from the game, then I translate them myself using Google. And I return already transferred to the Game.

If interested, I can share. You test it. If there are mistakes, I will try to correct them.

Here's just how it works. I don't have RenPy file unpacking algorithm. So I decode them into the root folder of the game using "unrpyc."

I get a lot of files with the extension "*.txt"
After that, I run the program and tell it the path to the game folder. I press the button, it reads all the Dialogues from the game into a Text file. I transfer these dialogs to a "*.xlsx" file and upload them to Google Translate. After that, copy-paste back to a text file and substitute it into the program. She returns the dialogues to their places, only in their me native language))

Anyway, I can post it if anyone is interested.

P.S.
I wrote the program for about 4 days, but in reality, I spent about 20-30 minutes translating the whole game))) so there is a benefit)

Vakalo

Modder
Mar 5, 2021

Heya! So I just got around to trying to do this following .
The most immediate problem is, the option to I'm not seeing the option to enable GPU patching.

The way is shown on vid:
gpu1.png

The way it shows for me:
gpu2.png

I also get this error:
pythonerror.png

Not sure if it's related to GPU rendering not showing, since I can still use the Sugoi translator without issues.

Speaking of which, on mingshiba's patreon, there's only a single link available, but it doesn't say 3.0 or anything.
Just in case, I'm assuming this is the ?

So yeah, not sure if I downloaded an older version, or if I'm just doing something wrong at the moment.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to mention, this is using T++ v4.3.3.1. The official public version that's available on the site.

Edit 2: I think I've figured it out
" If you have an i5 9th gen or a GPU from 1050++, you can get translation much faster than DeepL (0.3ms vs 0.8ms) "
Old PC moment :'))

Last edited:

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
Well, it seems they have not updated the free plugin. My guess is that they are only fixing the CT2 paid version and forgot to even check if the old version was still working. This version of sugoi toolkit is from late april so its been broken for quite a while.

Its a fairly easy fix, basically the folders moved locations and they are now using python 3.9 instead of 3.8 so Translator++ can't find the files because its searching on the wrong places.

I've made a quick fix for this problem (in the attachments).

Replace the files and now you have to choose NOT the root folder of sugoitoolkit but the batfile at
"backendServer\Program-Backend\Sugoi-Japanese-Translator\offlineTranslation\activateOfflineTranslationServer.bat"

Also you NEED TO select "Keep console window open".

Remember to also set the CPU number to at least 1, its 0 by default.
Click "Start all server", confirm and it should start.
There is a popup saying that its already running, but you can ignore that and press ok to start, that message is totally bugged and will always say that.

Choose that and all should work

Also you NEED to click "Start all server" from the 'local server manager' window. That StartAllServer shortcut from the side-menu does not work.

I've not tested the GPU feature so that is probably not working but you could give a try.

------------------
Finally, you don't actually need to start sugoi translator in that interface.
If you go to options->(arrow at)Translator&Language->Sugoi Translator preference

Notice there is a field named TargetURL(s) with probably the value " "
You can add one 'localhost : port' per line and Translator++ will check that link for the Sugoi Server when trying to translate

So you can start SugoiTranslator manually, either with the UI-version 'Sugoi-Translator-Offline (click here).bat' or the console only version at "backendServer\Program-Backend\Sugoi-Japanese-Translator\offlineTranslation\activateOfflineTranslationServer.bat"

It'll create a server at the port 14366 increase the number by 1 for each new instance if there is one server already on that port.

So to sum it up, you don't need the broken interface of Translator++ to start SugoiServer.
Start SugoiServer with the .bat file, and you can now use Translator++ to translate, as its already set to the default port.
If you want to run multiple servers, execute another .bat and make sure to update the preferences and add new lines with the next server port.

--------------- EDIT----------------
Make sure on SugoiTranslator config Target URLs to have only url to online servers.
So if you run only one server make sure there is only the one line there.

I tested here and when there are 2 server links, but only 1 is online... it'll miss one line for every 1 translation because it sended the translation to that offline server. Translator++ does not check if the server is alive, it assumes its alive and if its not it'll return an empty translation after a few seconds.

Last edited:

Vakalo

Modder
Mar 5, 2021
Wow! This was extremely helpful, and I can only thank you for taking the time to type all of this and upload the fix.

The good news is the GPU processing option finally appears just like in the vid.
The bad news is, clicking on "Install Patch for Nvidia series 20XX or lower" doesn't actually do anything. (Mines is an old GTX960)

So I can only guess that options broken.

But still, thank you for taking the time and effort to make such a detailed guide.
Hopefully I can put Sugoi to good use if it doesn't run too slowly on me.

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
Wow! This was extremely helpful, and I can only thank you for taking the time to type all of this and upload the fix.

The good news is the GPU processing option finally appears just like in the vid.
The bad news is, clicking on "Install Patch for Nvidia series 20XX or lower" doesn't actually do anything. (Mines is an old GTX960)

So I can only guess that options broken.

But still, thank you for taking the time and effort to make such a detailed guide.
Hopefully I can put Sugoi to good use if it doesn't run too slowly on me.
I've manage to make the GPU translations work.
I've looked into what Translator++ tries to do and its fairly simple. It just update the python torch packages to their versions that use CUDA instead of GPU.

I've made a simple batch script but you basically just need to execute one command to update the python packages.
Just note that the cuda GPU update will take an extra 1-2GB for the Sugoi installation.

Basically you go into "Power-Source\Python39" folder. Open a console there and execute:
20x series
OR
OR
Put the .bat files inside 'Power-Source\Python39'
and execute ONE of them from there.

To sum it up. You can put the bat files inside 'Power-Source\Python39' and run it to install the GPU module. I recommend the legacy one, the latest didn't work quite well for me.

It takes a few minutes to download and install. And be sure to have free space on the OS driver to unpack the temporary files, I have 22GB free space on the windows driver and it went to 13GB at one point when installing the files.

Also, I don't know if its needed but I installed the cuda toolkit from conda just to be sure ( )

Finally, you need to replace Sugoi flask server.
Replace the file at "backendServer\Program-Backend\Sugoi-Japanese-Translator\offlineTranslation\fairseq\flaskServer.py"
The line that makes it use cuda is commented, I've added the updated server on the attachments. Also added a log to show if you have cuda enabled drivers.

To check if you have cuda enabled, run SugoiServer:
"backendServer\Program-Backend\Sugoi-Japanese-Translator\offlineTranslation\activateOfflineTranslationServer.bat"
and check the print that shows at the top after a few seconds when it starts.

It'll show if cuda is enabled and which version you have.
cuda.jpg
If it shows "True" then, cuda processing is available.

========================
Some statistics
Running on 1070 gtx 8GB VRAM. intel core i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz with 24 GB RAM
Running a single server
SugoiServer without Cuda
GPU runs at 100%, GPU runs at 7~10%
Took 6 minutes to translate 400 lines

SugoiServer with Cuda
GPU runs at 30%, GPU runs at 2%
Took 5 minutes to translate 1100 lines
(The whole commonEvents of the last game you mtl)

So, its worth it, its at least twice as fast but more importantly, doesn't try to explode the CPU.
It has CPU power to spare so you can potentially run another 2 servers and triple the speed if needed, who knows.

Vakalo

Modder
Mar 5, 2021
Wow.. Just wow.
These guys should be honestly paying you, like the average person shouldn't need to go through all this to get a feature to work.

Seriously dude, thank you for the amount of effort you put into all of this, because I wouldn't even know where to begin.
I did what you asked, It installed a bunch of random things, the biggest one being 1.4GB in the beginning, followed by a couple of smaller things.

1.png

It says "True" near the top. I'm assuming everything is fine then?
Either way, thank you man for getting all of this too work, you don't know just how much I appreciate it, especially since my PC is pretty old.

EDIT: Wow, Alright it definitely works.
Not only is my CPU not capped at 100% anymore, but the status bar in T++ actually shows the progress again

2.png
This wasn't actually showing up in the version without GPU, meaning I had no idea how far along the translations were.

It went from taking almost 5mins to translate 80 boxes, to just under 3mins to translate 543. Huge, huge difference.

The only thing I noticed is that if I go to the "Local Server Manager" In T++, It still displays like this.
3.png

Which I'm assuming is either normal since we didn't install the GPU feature through the program, or that it's just buggy.
Still, thanks again man, I'll make great use of this for publishing and editing future translations :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Darksshades

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
It says "True" near the top. I'm assuming everything is fine then?
Either way, thank you man for getting all of this too work, you don't know just how much I appreciate it, especially since my PC is pretty old.

EDIT: Wow, Alright it definitely works.
Not only is my CPU not capped at 100% anymore, but the status bar in T++ actually shows the progress again

View attachment 2065968
This wasn't actually showing up in the version without GPU, meaning I had no idea how far along the translations were.

It went from taking almost 5mins to translate 80 boxes, to just under 3mins to translate 543. Huge, huge difference.

The only thing I noticed is that if I go to the "Local Server Manager" In T++, It still displays like this.
Nice! Great to see that it works. Someone also confirmed with me that Sugoi is indeed quite a bit faster than DeppL with the GPU feature.

I was messing around with the addons and a few things that I noticed.
Sugoi addon does not wordwrap very well. So you might need to use the auto-wrap by tag feature when compiling the translations to avoid having the text outside of the textbox.

And I've been checking the translation quality here and it seems its quite okay. There is only one bug that I found on the AI model though. Its fairly rare, and it only has a chance to happen when the starting line has 3 or more repeating characters. Its kinda rare and it only happens on H-lines where those kinda lines are predominant.
Eg:
Gets translated to

And here is a fix:
Its the same fix for the DeepL duplicated lines. Instead of joining the lines and translating, you pass each line individually and that makes the AI less confused

--------------------
The fix:
Select all the cells that have this problem(ctrl+click them). It should not be very many of them and they are fairly easy to spot, maybe I could make ascript to automate this later.

Right click any of the selected cells and select Execute script.

Select the folder to open a custom .js script and select mine "Join the line then translate (sugoitrans).js" then hit execute and the cells should be translated at the end of it.

Using the public version "4.3.31_x64 (latest public)".

Here are some images.
trans1.jpg
--
trans2.jpg

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vakalo

Vakalo

Modder
Mar 5, 2021
Nice! Great to see that it works. Someone also confirmed with me that Sugoi is indeed quite a bit faster than DeppL with the GPU feature.

I was messing around with the addons and a few things that I noticed.
Sugoi addon does not wordwrap very well. So you might need to use the auto-wrap by tag feature when compiling the translations to avoid having the text outside of the textbox.

And I've been checking the translation quality here and it seems its quite okay. There is only one bug that I found on the AI model though. Its fairly rare, and it only has a chance to happen when the starting line has 3 or more repeating characters. Its kinda rare and it only happens on H-lines where those kinda lines are predominant.
Eg:
Gets translated to

And here is a fix:
Its the same fix for the DeepL duplicated lines. Instead of joining the lines and translating, you pass each line individually and that makes the AI less confused

--------------------
The fix:
Select all the cells that have this problem(ctrl+click them). It should not be very many of them and they are fairly easy to spot, maybe I could make ascript to automate this later.

Right click any of the selected cells and select Execute script.

Select the folder to open a custom .js script and select mine "Join the line then translate (sugoitrans).js" then hit execute and the cells should be translated at the end of it.

Using the public version "4.3.31_x64 (latest public)".

Here are some images.
View attachment 2067079
--
View attachment 2067080
Thank you for this!
The way I've been doing it was admittedly a lot sloppier, by using the replace function to replace "mmmmmmmm" to "mmmm"
After I would just hit confirm again and again until there was no more results. It would basically guarantee there would be only 4 of the same letters in a row max.

I don't suppose it's possible for a script to scan an entire block (Lets say the [Initial] block in this case) and if it detects multiples of the same letter (lets say 4 or more of the same letter in a row) it'll automatically execute the above script?

Basically a scan function, so that having to manually browse row per row wouldn't be necessary.
Again, not sure if it's possible, but just an idea to make things more comfortable.

Either way, thank you for your constant help man. I've been putting Sugoi to good use in order to improve my future translations. :)

Nov 3, 2020
Reposting from another Translator++ thread since it doesn't seem to be getting any responses.

I have figured out wrap text works, but it still has some jank to it.

What's a good way to break up long texts?

Example: I have a long text, but I want to split it up into multiple text boxes.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Becomes:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
<Press Z>
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

But with wrap text it becomes:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
<Press Z>
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.
<Press Z>
Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote