• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Translator++ 4.9.28 Standard Version / Developer Version

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
You haven't asked for any information but sure thanks anyway.
I'm not mad.jpg
How about these you completely ignored and I had to rely on the guessing game:
Do you actually mean in Translator++, or in general?
Also you have python installed right? There's different python installation types. (Depending on if you choose install for all users, or not, and they conflict with each other.)
What operating system are you even using? Windows 10?
And now the latest ones:
Why do you even need torch?
Is the Translator++ addon RedSugoi not working?
Or bothering to actually give any information, or screen how it is not working. If there's an error or whatever.
Am I supposed to look into a crystal ball and magically look into your room to find out what you're doing wrong?

You literally said that Sugoi Offline is working correctly now. So what is actually going on now?

Because nothing you mention seems to even have anything to do with RedSugoi.
You literally just install that addon and then you have the option to translate things in Translator++ with Sugoi. (While you have Sugoi offline running obviously.)
There is no options. There's not even a separate window.
I have no idea what you are even doing.

Last edited:

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
Trying to install pip gives me this message ''Error: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement torch ( from versions: none)
''Error: No matching distribution found for torch

Yet another roadblock for me.
Just some notes, this is actually a fairly known problem that will happen if.... ironically enough, you have the latest version of python.
Basically the newest version of python doesn't have packages for all the versions of torch+cuda that pip is asking for.
And it's hard to say if the maintainers of the packages would add these older versions to it in the future.

It's been a while but if I'm not mistaken pytorch+cuda NEEDS to have python at least 3.8, but less than 3.11.

You might want to try either python 3.9 or python 3.10.9. You can download then from the python archive.
This should most likely solve the problems with the dependencies not installing.

---
Also note, that even if you didn't managed to install pytorch+cuda correctly, the translator++ would still work, it would only default to the CPU instead.

--
Lastly
I did go through a whole journey to make sugoiTrans work with translator++.
The latest free version of T++ with SugoiTrans addon(the last time I checked) didn't actually worked. And it didn't had support for GPU.
The addon was based on a really old version of sugoiTrans and the paths were all wrong for the new version, which made it not work at all.

I make a few fixes and documented here and there what I did to make it work, with GPU and with T++.

It might be a bit of a mess to check all the posts but it starts about here(https://f95zone.to/threads/translator-4-9-28-standard-version-developer-version.60101/post-9052503) and spans several threads.

I even made a custom sugoiTrans addon(named SugoiTrans Gold) at the end to help fix some issues I was having and to avoid edit too many files to fix the issue.

I think I originally used miniConda to install another version of python but that was totally unnecessary, I just needed the right version of python installed in the first place.

-
Good luck

Cannex

Aug 20, 2022
Just some notes, this is actually a fairly known problem that will happen if.... ironically enough, you have the latest version of python.
Basically the newest version of python doesn't have packages for all the versions of torch+cuda that pip is asking for.
And it's hard to say if the maintainers of the packages would add these older versions to it in the future.

It's been a while but if I'm not mistaken pytorch+cuda NEEDS to have python at least 3.8, but less than 3.11.

You might want to try either python 3.9 or python 3.10.9. You can download then from the python archive.
This should most likely solve the problems with the dependencies not installing.

---
Also note, that even if you didn't managed to install pytorch+cuda correctly, the translator++ would still work, it would only default to the CPU instead.

--
Lastly
I did go through a whole journey to make sugoiTrans work with translator++.
The latest free version of T++ with SugoiTrans addon(the last time I checked) didn't actually worked. And it didn't had support for GPU.
The addon was based on a really old version of sugoiTrans and the paths were all wrong for the new version, which made it not work at all.

I make a few fixes and documented here and there what I did to make it work, with GPU and with T++.

It might be a bit of a mess to check all the posts but it starts about here(https://f95zone.to/threads/translator-4-9-28-standard-version-developer-version.60101/post-9052503) and spans several threads.

I even made a custom sugoiTrans addon(named SugoiTrans Gold) at the end to help fix some issues I was having and to avoid edit too many files to fix the issue.

I think I originally used miniConda to install another version of python but that was totally unnecessary, I just needed the right version of python installed in the first place.

-
Good luck
I've hoped that maybe python was the issue but it didn't end up fixing much. I managed to install torch but Sugoi Translator still doesn't work in Translator++. I installed the sugoitransfix, sugoi_gpu_cuda, the cuda_flaskserver and the end result was a window saying ''Modulenotfounderror: No module named 'flask'
The server has been closed''

Now even Sugoi translator offline by itself refuses to work correctly. I've been having constant problems so I'm just gonna end it here and give it up. Thanks for all the help.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Yes, I have the "latest" (or close to it) build.
Personally I would have no problems sharing it, but would prefer having the OK from my source, as a safety measure against account banning basically, especially if what you say (belllow) is true.
No, I don't have the crack for that "latest" version, just the same one for the build v4.9.28, which as I said before doesn't work (as it is) for the "latest" build, thus sharing what I got now is pointless until we get the crack.

>apparently if you download Tranlator++ from the patreon it's purposely missing files, and you would download those files depending on your account when you launch it.
>Those files used to be in the main folder and now they've either moved to the Appdata folder, or those are now additional ones.

Umm I truly don't know because I would have to see how a fresh unaltered build looks, but honestly I don't think there exist a way to connect the files from your Translator++ folder to your account once you already got them, there may be but it is unlikely.
Furthermore, when I compared files between Translator++ v4.9.28 and the ones in the "latest" build I got, the amount of files count is similar (barely a few new ones), main changes are found in that (several) files got updated, most files between builds remained unchanged.
All this is talking about the builds in the form we (I) got shared, which I am guessing are already complete, as opposed to how they may be without "filling" them in first with the files from patreon (a subject I know nothing about).

Good news is that I got an idea and if it works, as I think it should, then we may get the "latest" build working, but I am waiting for my source to test it first from his side, for now we will have to wait (either days or a couple of weeks).
In the meantime we got v4.9.28 working, up from v4.8.31, so that's something already
Btw in case that makes things easier, I personally think currently, for Japanese to English, a completely offline Translator++ version would basically have the same value as an online one.
The best option for batch translating right now is clearly the Sugoi Offline Translator and that does not need any online features.
You can even get the RedSugoi addon without them, since it's not made by Dreamsavior, and you can just download the latest version from Github.

In case you would need a second opinion on something, because you can't read Japanese, you could just use JDeppL or the DeepL grabber from the Sugoi dev, once again completely bypassing Translator++'s online stuff without serious downsides.

Last edited:

-FibaG-

Nov 9, 2018
I just try it the new version...so far I can tell it work more smoth than ther older version...no more crash when I translate batch...red sugoi work with v4 and red piggyback work well no crash it translate correctly even with heavenly batch if something appear I let you know, thanks for sharing the new version with us and I looking forward if you guys decide to share the new on.

edit: anyone know if you can I change the background color??? that white color kill my eyes...

Last edited:

shiny-kuki

May 6, 2020
Two questions, has anyone heard of the new Deepl Write . And do you think we'll get an add-on to use it in T++?

Secondly, where do people go to talk about Textractor? discord channel or something. There's no Textractor thread on F95

Reactions: Nessiah

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Two questions, has anyone heard of the new Deepl Write . And do you think we'll get an add-on to use it in T++?
I looked at it just now and it seems like a decent way to automatically clean up an mtl. We'd probably have to wait until an API gets released (if at all). It seems a bit more handy for people who want to release something in English but aren't native speakers. Y'know, smooth the edges a bit without needing to find and wrangle a copy-editor.

I ran a random chunk of Japanese through Deepl Write to see what happened:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think it's a little better after Deepl Write and if the chain of JP->MTL->Deepl Write can be automated then it'd probably be a decent option.

-FibaG-

Nov 9, 2018
the next level of translation it would be chatgpt translation, AI translation would be the future.

so anyone have a idea how to change background of translator++??? the white color it's so anoying...on addon night mode is activate but it still white on everything
It's a bug? it's like don't want to apply even if is activate...

nevermind somehow I did it to force the addon to work.

Last edited:

shiny-kuki

May 6, 2020
I looked at it just now and it seems like a decent way to automatically clean up an mtl. We'd probably have to wait until an API gets released (if at all). It seems a bit more handy for people who want to release something in English but aren't native speakers. Y'know, smooth the edges a bit without needing to find and wrangle a copy-editor.

I ran a random chunk of Japanese through Deepl Write to see what happened:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think it's a little better after Deepl Write and if the chain of JP->MTL->Deepl Write can be automated then it'd probably be a decent option.
yes, the MTL to Deepl Write is not so big an improvement but for actual translations (as in, a manual translation) it becomes a very good tool.

Last edited:

assartha

Jul 12, 2019
I have a small problem. I managed to translate a Wolf rpg game but the game won't start. I think it's because the translator decrypted the Data.wolf file into a Data folder somehow breaking it. I tried googling how to recrypt the Data folder into Wolf.data with no luck. Anyone know if you can somehow recrypt the Data folder into Wolf.data?

archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019
Is sugoitranslator.com dead or something? The site is still up, but can't translate anything for the past 3 days.

Arku3

Aug 13, 2022
Can you make it so that it doesn't translate all "old" lines by Custom escaper?
"old" is the original text there.
These are translation files generated by renpy sdk, then translated by Translator++

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Arku3

Aug 13, 2022
old Rename to #old . After translating back to old.
Thanks for the answer.
Exactly as you wrote, I already did it before you even wrote it back, and it works. The problem is that it takes a long time to do it by hand.
I partially automated this by writing a semi-automatic autohotkey script that adds # and then removes it after translation.
What I wanted, however, was to use this built-in tool. If this worked, then it would be easy and quick to translate every renpa game.

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Arku3

Aug 13, 2022
With me it takes 30 sec. to change everything. With Notepad++ no problem.
Change everything in 30 seconds? How?
I'm talking about all the files in the game\tl\language name\script folder
In my case it was 150 files.
Large and small.

Hein Daddel

Modder
Nov 22, 2019
For me it is up to 500 lines and more with:

translate german strings:
old .............>>............ #old
new ........................... new

or