Tool Translator++ 4.9.28 Standard Version / Developer Version

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

the gentelman

Sep 16, 2018
Do you actually mean in Translator++, or in general?
Also you have python installed right? There's different python installation types. (Depending on if you choose install for all users, or not, and they conflict with each other.)
It could be that your version is fucked and you need to completely remove all traces of it before reinstalling.

If you go into the Sugoi "Code" folder and you start the "Sugoi-Translator-Offline.bat", do you get 2 cmd windows and a blue window with the text "Text copied to the clipboard manually or programmatically will show up here along with the translation."?
If so do you actually get a translation in that window if you copy Japanese to your clipboard. or does your Sugoi simply not work in general?

Edit:
I might as well already add a installation tutorial.
Basically get the toolkit here:

Get v4 here (provided by llyama):

Put the model in Code/backendserver/program-backend/Sugoi-Translator-Offline/offlineTranslation/fairsec/japanesemodel.

Then either use the "Sugoi-Toolkit (click here).bat" or go to the "Code" folder and run the "Sugoi-Translator-Offline.bat" directly.
This is how it's supposed to look like:
View attachment 2339353

Once you have that working and it accepts stuff from your clipboard get the Red Sugoi addon from Reddo9999.

(You can also have it downloaded automatically by Translator++.)
Hey, you seem to be willing to help everyone in this post, so I might as well abuse of your kindness too.
So I can't seem to make sugoi translator work , I installed the last version V.4 and I followed this tutorial: ,in the end, I didn't get that GPU slider, and when I try to start the servers, it gives me an error about torch not being found.

If you go into the Sugoi "Code" folder and you start the "Sugoi-Translator-Offline.bat", do you get 2 cmd windows and a blue window with the text "Text copied to the clipboard manually or programmatically will show up here along with the translation."?
it gives me an error :
Copied text is Japanese. Initiate translation process
(node:18824) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: FetchError: request to failed, reason: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:14366

I have windows 10 and use x64, and I'm using the translator++ 4.9.28

Put the model in Code/backendserver/program-backend/Sugoi-Translator-Offline/offlineTranslation/fairsec/japanesemodel
I'm sorry, I didn't get this part. what model? I have the sugoi translator V4 file but I dont know what u want me to put in it

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hey, you seem to be willing to help everyone in this post, so I might as well abuse of your kindness too.
So I can't seem to make sugoi translator work , I installed the last version V.4 and I followed this tutorial: ,in the end, I didn't get that GPU slider, and when I try to start the servers, it gives me an error about torch not being found.

it gives me an error :
Copied text is Japanese. Initiate translation process
(node:18824) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: FetchError: request to failed, reason: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:14366

I have windows 10 and use x64, and I'm using the translator++ 4.9.28

I'm sorry, I didn't get this part. what model? I have the sugoi translator V4 file but I dont know what u want me to put in it
The way I use Sugoi is separate from Translator++.
You get the toolkit from the Sugoi dev.
I'm personally still using v2.5 because I can't be bothered to update, but the process for the current one should be the same.
You can get the v4 toolkit here:

Since V4 is public now I don't think you need to get the V4 model separately anymore. I'm not sure though.

You need to have python installed and during installation you must have told it to add itself to PATH.
(If you care about CUDA it needs to be either python 3.9 or python 3.10.9, and not the latest version.)

You just extract the toolkit somewhere and then either run the "Sugoi-Toolkit(click here).bat", or you run it directly by going in the Code folder and using the "Sugoi-Translator-Offline.bat".
That will open 3 windows. While you have those open you can use Sugoi in Translator++ by using the RedSugoi addon by Reddo9999. It should already be installed in the 4.9.28 version provided here and generally provides a better result than the Dreamsavior one.

By default Sugoi will just use your CPU. If you want it to use your GPU instead (only makes sense with a 1080 or higher) you can use this mod:

Last edited:

the gentelman

Sep 16, 2018
The way I use Sugoi is separate from Translator++.
You get the toolkit from the Sugoi dev.
I'm personally still using v2.5 because I can't be bothered to update, but the process for the current one should be the same.
You can get the v4 toolkit here:

Since V4 is public now I don't think you need to get the V4 model separately anymore. I'm not sure though.

You need to have python installed and during installation you must have told it to add itself to PATH.
(If you care about CUDA it needs to be either python 3.9 or python 3.10.9, and not the latest version.)

You just extract the toolkit somewhere and then either run the "Sugoi-Toolkit(click here).bat", or you run it directly by going in the Code folder and using the "Sugoi-Translator-Offline.bat".
That will open 3 windows. While you have those open you can use Sugoi in Translator++ by using the RedSugoi addon by Reddo9999. It should already be installed in the 4.9.28 version provided here and generally provides a better result than the Dreamsavior one.

By default Sugoi will just use your CPU. If you want it to use your GPU instead (only makes sense with a 1080 or higher) you can use this mod:
so to summarise, download V4, open Sugoi-Translator-Offline.bat and run your translation using red sugoi. I did that but it still have this error. Also I already installed python and had that box checked. and I didn't get 3 windows when I open the toolkit, just 2. Screenshot 2023-03-20 170326.jpg

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
so to summarise, download V4, open Sugoi-Translator-Offline.bat and run your translation using red sugoi. I did that but it still have this error. Also I already installed python and had that box checked. and I didn't get 3 windows when I open the toolkit, just 2. View attachment 2482463
Well you need to find out why the third window isn't opening.
I've downloaded a fresh V4 toolkit just to test for you, but I cannot reproduce an issue.
I've just extracted it, used the "Sugoi-Translator-Offline.bat" and it opened these 3 windows as it should.
1.png
Started Translator++4.9.28, opened a project and started a random batchtranslation. This is how its supposed to look like.
2.png

I'm not entirely sure what to tell you. Except random obvious stuff you most likely already did. :confused:
Maybe run ithe bat as admin? (You really shouldn't have to do that though.)
Download the toolkit again in case it got corrupted.
Install Torch through pip and see if that changes anything.
Try reinstalling a different version of python.
Check if your system has anything that could prevent it from opening for whatever reason like a weird AV program or special firewall, a leftover CUDA installation fucking with things. Maybe a broken Powershell installation messing with CMD.
Use the CUDA mod and tell it to reset the toolkit.
Launch the bat through cmd and look for errors.

Last edited:
Reactions: the gentelman

the gentelman

Sep 16, 2018
I've downloaded a fresh V4 toolkit just to test for you, but I cannot reproduce an issue.
I've just extracted it, used the "Sugoi-Translator-Offline.bat" and it opened these 3 windows as it should.
View attachment 2482827
Started Translator++4.9.28, opened a project and started a random batchtranslation. This is how its supposed to look like.
View attachment 2482828

I'm not entirely sure what to tell you. Except random obvious stuff you most likely already did. :confused:
Check if your system has anything that could prevent it from opening for whatever reason like a weird AV program or special firewall, a leftover CUDA installation fucking with things. Maybe a broken Powershell installation messing with CMD.
thanks a lot dude, it works now. uninstalled everything and did the entire process again, it works now.

andybc

Oct 2, 2020
View attachment 2482827
View attachment 2482828

Hey I reinstalled it as well and have the 3 windows, but when I translate it in Translator++, it is translating each character.
1679630427898.png
Do you know what the issue could be? Thanks.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Hey I reinstalled it as well and have the 3 windows, but when I translate it in Translator++, it is translating each character.
View attachment 2490632
Do you know what the issue could be? Thanks.
I had this problem last year! It's a known bug that got fixed in a later version of T++, but the fix which worked for me was to go into Options (the wrench and screwdriver icon) -> Translator & Language -> Sugoi Translator -> make sure "Send Request in Batch" is turned on (green).

Bard11

Apr 18, 2022
1679728508134.png
Who knows how to solve the issue that even after passing machine detection verification, the Yandex plugin version 4.9.28 still does not work?

GoldenBoy_69

May 23, 2019
Hi Darksshades,
I've tried to run multiple instants of Sugoi-Offline servers by "activateOfflineTranslationServer.bat", but it always default to "localhost:14366" as seen in the picture below.
How can I fix this?
Also I'm planning to use it with your Sugoi-Gold-Translation addons.
1.jpg

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
Hi Darksshades,
I've tried to run multiple instants of Sugoi-Offline servers by "activateOfflineTranslationServer.bat", but it always default to "localhost:14366" as seen in the picture below.
How can I fix this?
Also I'm planning to use it with your Sugoi-Gold-Translation addons.
View attachment 2503234
Oh, its been I while since I used sugoi.

It seems the port for sugoi is hardcoded.
To fix this you'll need to open the file "backendServer\Program-Backend\Sugoi-Japanese-Translator\offlineTranslation\fairseq\flaskServer.py"

And on line 58
Instead of
Python:
if __name__ == "__main__":
    app.run(host='0.0.0.0', port=14366)
You change it to:
Python:
    import sys
    if len(sys.argv) > 1:
        app.run(host='0.0.0.0', port=int(sys.argv[1]))
    else:
This way, it'll accept a parameter as a port.
Now you can duplicate your file
"activateOfflineTranslationServer.bat"
Edit it. And pass the port you want it to open at the end.
For example. Let's rename it to "acttivateOfflineTranslationServerOnPort9000.bat"
and change its content to(just adding the 9000 at the end):
Code:
color 9
"../../../../Power-Source/Python39/python.exe" fairseq/flaskServer.py 9000

• Love
Reactions: GoldenBoy_69

GoldenBoy_69

May 23, 2019
Oh, its been I while since I used sugoi.

It seems the port for sugoi is hardcoded.
To fix this you'll need to open the file "backendServer\Program-Backend\Sugoi-Japanese-Translator\offlineTranslation\fairseq\flaskServer.py"

And on line 58
Instead of
Python:
You change it to:
Python:
    import sys
    if len(sys.argv) > 1:
        app.run(host='0.0.0.0', port=int(sys.argv[1]))
    else:
This way, it'll accept a parameter as a port.
Now you can duplicate your file
"activateOfflineTranslationServer.bat"
Edit it. And pass the port you want it to open at the end.
For example. Let's rename it to "acttivateOfflineTranslationServerOnPort9000.bat"
and change its content to(just adding the 9000 at the end):
Code:
color 9
"../../../../Power-Source/Python39/python.exe" fairseq/flaskServer.py 9000
Damn, I love you.

Just curious, what kind of translation engine are you using right now if it isn't Sugoi? Have you worked in different game engine with Translator++? I need some help with other games than RPGMaker's.
And what is the best workflow you recommend for using both your Sugoi-Gold and Red-Sugoi simultaneously? Thanks.

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
Just curious, what kind of translation engine are you using right now if it isn't Sugoi?
None. I actually know quite of bit of japanese. And I usually prefer to just read it in japanese when playing games.
I just did an experiment with Sugoi at the time because it had a quality similar to deepL while being free. And that impressed me.

Have you worked in different game engine with Translator++? I need some help with other games than RPGMaker's.
And what is the best workflow you recommend for using both your Sugoi-Gold and Red-Sugoi simultaneously? Thanks.
I only ever used T++ to translate RPGMaker and WolfRPG games.
I remember there were a few bugs in a wolfRPG game. But mostly because the game I was translating used hard-coded item names. So translating the item name would break the game. There were only a few instances but I had to fix that manually.

I very rarely translate full games. I usually only do interface/UI patches.

But when I was experimenting with Sugoi in T++.... If I can remember it correctly...
I would translate a few files at a time with sugoi.
Then Run those custom scripts I made to try and fix most broken translations by splitting the lines before passing to sugoi.
Then I would read and re-write every line given by Sugoi into a new translation column. So it would be basically a manual translation at the end.

In the end. It helps speeds up translations. Quite a few phases only need minimum changes to be grammatically correct. And more than half of the time, the output translation is right.
The Sugoi levi model that I used at the time had quite a tendency to use very informal language all the time.
So that was a bit of a problem.

• Red Heart
Reactions: GoldenBoy_69

GoldenBoy_69

May 23, 2019
None. I actually know quite of bit of japanese. And I usually prefer to just read it in japanese when playing games.
I just did an experiment with Sugoi at the time because it had a quality similar to deepL while being free. And that impressed me.

I only ever used T++ to translate RPGMaker and WolfRPG games.
I remember there were a few bugs in a wolfRPG game. But mostly because the game I was translating used hard-coded item names. So translating the item name would break the game. There were only a few instances but I had to fix that manually.

I very rarely translate full games. I usually only do interface/UI patches.

But when I was experimenting with Sugoi in T++.... If I can remember it correctly...
I would translate a few files at a time with sugoi.
Then Run those custom scripts I made to try and fix most broken translations by splitting the lines before passing to sugoi.
Then I would read and re-write every line given by Sugoi into a new translation column. So it would be basically a manual translation at the end.

In the end. It helps speeds up translations. Quite a few phases only need minimum changes to be grammatically correct. And more than half of the time, the output translation is right.
The Sugoi levi model that I used at the time had quite a tendency to use very informal language all the time.
So that was a bit of a problem.
Appreciate the answer. I'm planning to learn Japanese soon and hoping someday I could read VNs freely as you do!

Reactions: Darksshades

wibuntr

Jan 16, 2023
how to translate the name of the character from KIRIKIRI VN game?
Kashidashi Tsuma Marina Gaiden 1
Untitled.png

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
how to translate the name of the character from KIRIKIRI VN game?
Kashidashi Tsuma Marina Gaiden 1
Each game is different. Depends on how each dev does it.

In the case Marina Gaiden it seems it is done in the macros.ks packed inside src.xp3.
Starting on line 486 there is an 'if' command for each indivisual named character.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Go down a little and you'll see a line
Change it to

And you do that for each one.
ss1.jpg

--------

I don't know how T++ translates kirikiri so I'm not sure if you can change the names from there. But if you can, you should translate the name string inside the macros.ks only. Or else you might break things.

Worst case, you finish your translation. And after that you can manually edit the macros.ks to add the names.

wibuntr

Jan 16, 2023
Each game is different. Depends on how each dev does it.

In the case Marina Gaiden it seems it is done in the macros.ks packed inside src.xp3.
Starting on line 486 there is an 'if' command for each indivisual named character.
Go down a little and you'll see a line
Change it to

And you do that for each one.
View attachment 2520567

--------

I don't know how T++ translates kirikiri so I'm not sure if you can change the names from there. But if you can, you should translate the name string inside the macros.ks only. Or else you might break things.

Worst case, you finish your translation. And after that you can manually edit the macros.ks to add the names.
its work thx

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote