Tool Translator++ Ver.3.10.1

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sowland

Apr 30, 2020
Screenshot 2021-07-12 211940.png Screenshot 2021-07-12 212114.png
I tried scanning both the x64 and the x32 version straight from the Patreon with VirusTotal, could be a false positive.
If you are worried you could stick to the previous versions, they work just as good.

Bendroid32

Jul 14, 2021
i download the 64bit standard version, but windows defender block it, triggers a warning:

Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml

anyone with something similar?

Dreamsavior

Apr 26, 2017
Hello.
I am Dreamsavior, the author of Translator++.
This thread is distributing unauthorized copy of Translator++.
Please remove it at once.

glaxofi01

Aug 8, 2020
You sure? You created account on F95zone in 2017, a community for pirated stuffs and things. And here you are talking about that shit. Go F off
Dude, He is nonetheless the reason why translating some games are somehow manageable and easier for us. Show some appreciation to his work atleast. If it's hard to translate things, what more if you actually make an app that does that thing.

xenei

Sep 9, 2020
Dude, He is nonetheless the reason why translating some games are somehow manageable and easier for us. Show some appreciation to his work atleast. If it's hard to translate things, what more if you actually make an app that does that thing.
Ok.

LucaThiago

Oct 14, 2020
"Easy", it tends to break games VERY easy and it's luck that it doesn't.
I've wasted so much time to find out when playing that something stopped working.

Menu options, choices, ui not aligned anymore, text beyond max char,
terrible unicode for example \u0061 \u4e2d \u042f and so on...

It's a lot worse to fix after messing the game with translator++ up.

The only thing it's good for if it fails for a game, is only to check if you missed something to translate.

Also it is including a bunch of tools that isn't even created and coded by the Dreamsavior.
If you pay for translator++, does he pay them as well?

If you appreciate his work, you should be free to choice if you want to donate something.

Anyways, if you offer your translation, no one donates for your time you spent on it.

It's give and take. Peace!

Reactions: fumeknight

ParaPara15

Dec 27, 2018
Anyone else played around much with the DeepL addons? In my experience the base one seems to work ok for a little while but then eventually starts dumping untranslated Japanese text into your scripts without warning, I'm assuming something to do with a rate limit kicking in on their side or something, though it sometimes kicks in pretty early even if you haven't translated much text. I used the regex [\s\S]*([一-龠]|[ぁ-ゔ]|[ァ-ヴー])[\s\S]* -> (Empty) to remove text blocks with untranslated Japanese text and try again though often had the same issue again, maybe need to wait and try again after a few days or something.

As for the Pro version I had high hopes but strangely it dumps untranslated Japanese text right from the start even though I haven't used any of my free API credits. I even tried sending a request manually and it translated just fine, but Translator++ seems to be having issues though the "check quota" button correctly showed the few credits deducted from my manual tests... (The dumping of untranslated scripts did not deduct any credits, thankfully.) The creator did say there were issues with the DeepL Pro extension on Patreon though it sounded like it was only for paid users and not the free API endpoint I'm using, but maybe the free one is bugged too, I dunno, anyone else had better results using this thing? Worst case I could always just export to csv and make a short script to translate them via the API directly I guess.

edit: It seems like enabling "show intercept window" on the DeepL options may have helped a bit, will play around with it more. Also either way it's kinda nice to be able to watch the current progress in real time to be sure it's not dumping untranslated text halfway through a long batch job... Looks like after a while I did get an "access temporarily suspended" message on the window that popped up so I just aborted from there and can try again later I guess.

Also kinda unrelated but I wanted to play around with the free API key I registered for so I made a simple parser in Python for Livemaker games. Is here if anyone wants: You can use the pylivemaker tools to extract the csvs in the format it expects, if you use this batch script you can basically automate all the extracting/repacking steps (just selecting the options 1, 2, 3 in order at the right times on that batch script's menu) and then just feed the combined_text.csv into the script there to get a translated version.

edit 2: Yeah, it seems more reliable when you leave the intercept window visible though still you will get suspended after a while and need to wait a few hours to continue. Also it seems like Translator++ likes to translate all the text first and then goes back for the speaker tags, so if you abort in the middle of a process you'll often get stuck with a lot of lines with the first line blank where the speaker tag was supposed to go... I'm not sure if the program will go back and translate the speaker tag if you translate this file again or not but you can regex them out with ^\n[\s\S]* -> (None) if necessary. I think the best strategy is to just do a few files at a time so you have less chance of writing garbage into a large amount of scripts once you get blocked though it can be annoying for large files like Commonevents, I might try just splitting that one into multiple files to make it easier to babysit it.

Last edited:

Vaaer

Jan 28, 2021
Did you manage to figure out why DeepL Pro doesn't work? I actually paid a dollar to get a Prateon account, in the chance that it could fix the problem, but it still doesn't work. Adding the API key and pressing the quota button works fine, but nothing is translated.
If you right click the program, there's an inspect button. After trying to translate with the inspect window opened, I noticed that it creates two warnings. One of those warnings asks me to "Please reinstall deeplPro addon". I guess something needs to be altered and using a repacked addon alone does not work. Again, creating a Prateon account and logging in doesn't fix the problem either.
deeplpro.png

Maybe someone with JavaScript experience could figure out what's wrong?

Reactions: fumeknight

ParaPara15

Dec 27, 2018
Did you manage to figure out why DeepL Pro doesn't work? I actually paid a dollar to get a Prateon account, in the chance that it could fix the problem, but it still doesn't work. Adding the API key and pressing the quota button works fine, but nothing is translated.
If you right click the program, there's an inspect button. After trying to translate with the inspect window opened, I noticed that it creates two warnings. One of those warnings asks me to "Please reinstall deeplPro addon". I guess something needs to be altered and using a repacked addon alone does not work. Again, creating a Prateon account and logging in doesn't fix the problem either.
View attachment 1321751

Maybe someone with JavaScript experience could figure out what's wrong?
Nah, I just switched to using the web version which seems to work better, though with a lot of issues. The workflow that seemed to work best for me was
  1. Click ++ circle icon in top right -> translator * language (click > to expand) -> DeepL -> check "Show interceptor window", also I recommend changing Code Escaping Algorithm to Hex Placeholder
  2. Export all game scripts into .xslx (I tried a bunch of other formats like .csv, .odt, .xls, but this one was the only one without issues for me)
  3. Use the "split" function of the attached script (requires Python3, make sure to install the required dependency first with pip3 install pyexcel-xlsx and check the top of the file for more info)
  4. Import the new .xlsx scripts from "output_split" back into Translator++
  5. Close Translator++, find your autosave.json from the project you just created (should be in Translator++\www\php\cache\ in the newest folder there) and use the "fixjson" function of the script there on it to fix the line breaks (I had issues with linebreaks being messed up on the translation tab after importing spreadsheets of all formats until I set the linebreak char in this way, not sure if it's a problem for everyone but might as well to be safe)
  6. Reload Translator++ and reopen the most recent project, translate your scripts a few at a time (I generally aim for about x/30~35 total to avoid getting blocked)
  7. Export your scripts again from the top menubar, making sure to clear your selection on the left first (otherwise Translator++ won't save your translations)
  8. Hit win+r and paste/type %LocalAppData% to open your local app data folder, delete the translator++ folder here (to clear the built in web browser's cookies/cache)
  9. Repeat 6/7/8 until all files are translated
  10. Now you may think you're done but... unfortunately the DeepL addon has a tendency to dump untranslated text into your scripts. You can use the following regex find/replace to remove them: Find: [\s\S]*([一-龠]|[ぁ-ゔ]|[ァ-ヴー])[\s\S]* Replace: (empty) But you might want to check and verify it's not just speaker tags or something first because you can probably pretty easily fix those without trashing otherwise perfectly good translations.
  11. Export again to save after removing untranslated lines
  12. Copy the root folder with your original xlsx files and output_split folder (now filled with the exported xlsx files you just translated) into a new copy, naming it something like "Pass 1" or something
  13. Use the "merge" function from the provided script on the new folder you just copied
  14. Copy the contents of output_merge back into the root folder, overwriting when prompted. Once you've copied all the merged files out, you can delete output_split and output_merge from the newly copied folder.
  15. Use the "split" function from the provided script to split out only the untranslated lines from your newly merged .xlsx files. (This is needed because Translator++'s "ignore already translated" function just straight up doesn't work with DeepL as far as I know, so we need to handle it ourselves in the input file.)
  16. Import your .xlsx files from output_split into Translator++ as a new project. There may be less of them since any files that were fully translated in the last pass won't appear here.
  17. Use fixjson again to fix the line break setting on your newly created project
  18. Now go back to step 6, repeat for as many passes until a fairly small amount of untranslated text remains. Usually there's a few lines that DeepL stubbornly refuses to translate no matter what, though you may be able to get them individually after setting your default translator engine in options to DeepL and just using ctrl+g on them. That or just run a pass with Google which should ignore the already translated lines unlike DeepL and just fill in the gaps.
  19. Export and merge your final .xlsx output files, you should now hopefully have a set of fully translated .xlsx files... But unfortunately importing these back into our original RPG maker project isn't as easy as I'd like so I added the somewhat hacky solution into my script to simply write your translation directly into the autosave.json which we will do next, so reopen Translator++ and create a new project with the final merged .xlsx sheet. Find the autosave.json for this new project, as well as for your original RPG maker project. (If you can't find it it's ok to go back and just recreate that one too since we didn't translate anything)
  20. Run translator_tools.py inject "[EXCEL autosave.json path]" "[RPGMAKER autosave.json path]"
  21. Hopefully if all goes well it will finish without errors and you can reopen translator++ to your RPG maker project and see your fully translated scripts populating the 2nd column. Wasn't that easy! If the previous step fails you can try modifying the CHAR_REPLACEMENTS or PREFIX_EXTENSION variables at the top of the script to get better results since occasionally some characters don't exactly match up between the exported and original RPG maker files and need to be accounted for there.
Now after you did all this you should hopefully be able to export your project back into your RPG maker game and be ready to play it. (Besides line wrapping, which I've posted about some solutions to help with that some time before since Translator++'s built in word wrapping is still kind of bad as far as I know.) Though with older VX/Ace/whatever games I have noticed that occasionally the automated RPG Maker Trans step will fail and you will need to export into RPTrans patch first, and then open all files with notepad++ or something, Find: > [0-9].*\r\n Replace: (empty) and then save all and patch yourself with RPG Maker Trans and it should (hopefully) work, but be careful because sometimes random lines in Scripts.txt also get matched by this but then again you probably don't want to translate Scripts.txt anyway because it tends to break stuff. I haven't had any issues exporting directly into MV games yet.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote