Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Does anyone with a deeper understanding of the tool know what the relationship between the actual project "cache" folder and the Appdata temp folders are to the Translator++ output, and to each other?

I'm running into a complex problem where no changes (e.g. translations) are being made to my actual game despite having the updated/translated data files in the game folder. (And no, I'm not new at this -- I removed the original rgssa file). It's incredibly frustrating, because it puts a dead halt on my translating, as I can translate for hours, but no changes will show in my game file.

I'm strongly suspecting that it's because I temporarily moved the cache folder and the AppData folders (and moved them back), and now Translator++ won't make any changes despite successfully updating my game data files. It's a huge problem for me because I wanted to update to a newer version of Translator ++, but I'm at a loss as to how to import my current project to the new version from the old one (and again, no, I tried using the "import" function on the newest version of Translator ++ and every single option fails to work properly for me).

I'm also asking the question because it's extremely stupid to have to keep Temp files/cache files in order to maintain our translation projects; for instance, what happens when those Temp folders start to build up in storage size, or if they're accidentally deleted via CCleaner? Or do we need to keep every single version of Translator++ if we want to work on a translation project that we worked on with an older version of Translator ++?

Anyway, I'm actually a bit surprised this question hasn't been asked earlier, since I doubt I'm the only one who's ever had or run into this problem.

jakiro

Jun 16, 2019
am I the only one having problem with Text Wrapping feature ? 95% of the time always loading forever.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of null
at wordwrap (common.js:39)

Magdragon

Aug 5, 2016
For those getting banned by the translation service, what you need to do is translate it in smaller numbers. Like 4 or 5 Map files at a time.

Hehexd1111

Jun 8, 2017
Hello, I need some help. I can translate everything fine but when I export file into a folder, it say something like "system can't find specific blablabla..." and when I open the folder it blank. Are there anyway I can do this manually or anyway to fix it? Thanks. (Ver 1.8.1)

heyhwat

Apr 30, 2018
Keep getting banned by my translation service. Don't wanna use Google API, any ideas? How do you use it?
Me too please guys thank you !
Most of the time is because you don't have the latest version of Translator ++.

Hello, I need some help. I can translate everything fine but when I export file into a folder, it say something like "system can't find specific blablabla..." and when I open the folder it blank. Are there anyway I can do this manually or anyway to fix it? Thanks. (Ver 1.8.1)
I had the exact same problem when I moved the translator++ in another folder, I don't know if there is a better solution than deleting the cache files and retrying from the beginning, if you have put many hours in translation well I'm sorry.
Just a tip, when you extract the translate++ put it somewhere and never move it somewhere else the same with the game file we never know.

im getting syntax error when i run the game. anyone know how to fix this? :confused:
I don't know if you still have this problem but what else. I do not know much about programming so I am going to explain it the best I could oh and I'm not good in english so... sorry.
When you translate from japanese to english the structure are not the same in a sentence. An exemple, if you picked a sentence like " 私は犬を飼っている" in japanese if you translate it word by word it would be in english "I dog have a dog" (this is just an exemple you'ill understand later the point). And now there are special functions to change the color of words, make it bigger, the font, those are characterized by functions like "/C[10]" or "/C[0]" (there are maybe others). Now the main course So if the text in japs is " /C[10]私は犬を飼っている/C[0]" then in english it should be "/C[10]I have a dog/C[0]" and not "I have a/C[0] dog/C[10]" (it happens when you auto-translate) and the game doesn't like that. The only choice (there are maybe others but this worked for me) is to find those functions before by pressing control+F and write the layer and the line on paper then you can auto translate the rest, after all that find the layer and line and translate it manualy on google one by one. If the game is big it would take much time.
The other problem that you could encounter is when the game us it own music (file name in japs) and when you auto translate the game (most of the time in the script layer) the music title in japs "タイトル1" becomes "Title 1" but the name of the music in the game folder is still in japs. So you have 2 choices, change the name of the music in the game folder or copy the name of the music and use your best friend Control+F and delete the english translation and replace it by the japs name.

Last edited:

heyhwat

Apr 30, 2018
Does anyone with a deeper understanding of the tool know what the relationship between the actual project "cache" folder and the Appdata temp folders are to the Translator++ output, and to each other?

I'm running into a complex problem where no changes (e.g. translations) are being made to my actual game despite having the updated/translated data files in the game folder. (And no, I'm not new at this -- I removed the original rgssa file). It's incredibly frustrating, because it puts a dead halt on my translating, as I can translate for hours, but no changes will show in my game file.

I'm strongly suspecting that it's because I temporarily moved the cache folder and the AppData folders (and moved them back), and now Translator++ won't make any changes despite successfully updating my game data files. It's a huge problem for me because I wanted to update to a newer version of Translator ++, but I'm at a loss as to how to import my current project to the new version from the old one (and again, no, I tried using the "import" function on the newest version of Translator ++ and every single option fails to work properly for me).

I'm also asking the question because it's extremely stupid to have to keep Temp files/cache files in order to maintain our translation projects; for instance, what happens when those Temp folders start to build up in storage size, or if they're accidentally deleted via CCleaner? Or do we need to keep every single version of Translator++ if we want to work on a translation project that we worked on with an older version of Translator ++?

Anyway, I'm actually a bit surprised this question hasn't been asked earlier, since I doubt I'm the only one who's ever had or run into this problem.
There are things that you should never do like touching the appdata or the cach, using another version when you are still translating on the older or moving the translator++ folder in an another place. When extracted place it somewhere where you'll never move it. when you do all these it causes bug like being unnable to export or unnable to import.

Did you try to save it and open it this way (watch the attached file)? This works for me.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
There are things that you should never do like touching the appdata or the cach, using another version when you are still translating on the older or moving the translator++ folder in an another place. When extracted place it somewhere where you'll never move it. when you do all these it causes bug like being unnable to export or unnable to import.

Did you try to save it and open it this way (watch the attached file)? This works for me.
Yeah, thanks for the response.
I figured that out the hard way ... MANY MANY times.
It's just crazy frustrating because Translator++ is already so finicky that being unable to clear Temp files or Translator++ cache, or being unable to move the folder itself ... or even updating to a new version while maintaining the project ... like, why have features like Import then?

And yeah, I've done that already. Didn't work. What DID work (strangely) is checking every single version of Translator++ to see which version is compatible with which (I figured out that V1.2.8, which is what I was using, is compatible with v1.4, which is what I'm currently using instead of the newest v1.8). Then creating a NEW translation project, then copying/pasting the cache files from the older version of Translator++ over the newer ones. While this didn't instantly restore my translation work, it did allow me to actually output translated files of the game (I'd get errors prior to that). After that, I found a script in RPGMaker MV that outputs a huge text file of all the Maps in the game and arduously copy/pasted thousands of lines of my older work to the newer translation project, which was literally a day's worth of boring data entry. So long story short, I'm back on track.

Translator++ is just a PitA, because if you translate multiple games, you need to not only keep your Temp/cache files, but you can't move your Translator++ folders ... AND you also need to keep track of which version of Translator++ you used for which game. Don't get me wrong, I'm still using it. But it's certainly not robust, and IMHO the creator really should fix these problems before implementing any new features.

Dark Clouds

Jun 29, 2018
Whenever I try to export the translation, a lot of these lines pop up during the export -
"Could not parse the following script translation:"
and when i launch the game, a lot of dialogue simply isn't shown (just an empty dialogue box). Has anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:

heyhwat

Apr 30, 2018
Yeah, thanks for the response.
I figured that out the hard way ... MANY MANY times.
It's just crazy frustrating because Translator++ is already so finicky that being unable to clear Temp files or Translator++ cache, or being unable to move the folder itself ... or even updating to a new version while maintaining the project ... like, why have features like Import then?

And yeah, I've done that already. Didn't work. What DID work (strangely) is checking every single version of Translator++ to see which version is compatible with which (I figured out that V1.2.8, which is what I was using, is compatible with v1.4, which is what I'm currently using instead of the newest v1.8). Then creating a NEW translation project, then copying/pasting the cache files from the older version of Translator++ over the newer ones. While this didn't instantly restore my translation work, it did allow me to actually output translated files of the game (I'd get errors prior to that). After that, I found a script in RPGMaker MV that outputs a huge text file of all the Maps in the game and arduously copy/pasted thousands of lines of my older work to the newer translation project, which was literally a day's worth of boring data entry. So long story short, I'm back on track.

Translator++ is just a PitA, because if you translate multiple games, you need to not only keep your Temp/cache files, but you can't move your Translator++ folders ... AND you also need to keep track of which version of Translator++ you used for which game. Don't get me wrong, I'm still using it. But it's certainly not robust, and IMHO the creator really should fix these problems before implementing any new features.
Yeah right even if it's bugged it is still so useful. They should put a notepad with all the tips and things not to do in the translator++ folder, it would help so many people.

gimpoid

Jan 28, 2018
Hi sorry if this is a silly question but I am trying to translate Monster Girl Labyrinth with this tool. It seems to work perfectly but when I load the game only the menus and other items are translated.

I then poked around the game directories and found all the actual story text is located in a folder called scenario which is full of .sl files.

Is there any way to force Translate++ to access and translate these files or is there another method I would need to use? I just want to batch machine translate all the text it doesn't need to be perfect.

Thanks for any help!

heyhwat

Apr 30, 2018
Hi sorry if this is a silly question but I am trying to translate Monster Girl Labyrinth with this tool. It seems to work perfectly but when I load the game only the menus and other items are translated.

I then poked around the game directories and found all the actual story text is located in a folder called scenario which is full of .sl files.

Is there any way to force Translate++ to access and translate these files or is there another method I would need to use? I just want to batch machine translate all the text it doesn't need to be perfect.

Thanks for any help!
I know a way but I never tried it so I don't know if it's going to work, oh and it's going to be painfull if you have many things to translate and sorry for my english, I'm French.

First of all, you need an uncoder, unzipp it and place it wherever you want.
Open the bin folder in the SL_Decoder-master folder and open the scenario folder of your game.
Just in case, make a backup folder of the scenario
I don't know what the name of the sl files are but it's usually "XXX.sl".
Drag all the files on sl_dec.exe and you'ill see the file names in .txt in the scenario folder.
The headache part, open the .txt file and translate one by one and only the japanese sentences on a translator.
When you're done with the translation, save and drag the .txt file on sl_dec.exe again.
It should have replaced the .sl file in the scenario folder.
Now do the same for all the rest.
Good luck.

Edit: You can translate documents with google translate at the top left corner. Just search what you want to translate (the .txt files) and let google do the job.

Last edited:

gimpoid

Jan 28, 2018
Thanks that tool worked perfectly and google translate did work well for the full text files. Only issue I found is it appears to then break the actual code inside of the text files so I had to revert back to your first suggestion of translating the entire document but then manually pasting the translated parts over the japanese text but not touching any of the tags and code in there.

Not sure how to get around the issue of it translating text that it doesn't need to and there are a lot of lines of text to do it all manually haha

I did test the first scene does work fine when done manually though the word wrapping is wrong but all the text appears and it doesnt crash like when translating the entire file.

Wonder if its possible to tell google translator to ignore any line starting with an @ as those seem to be commands for the game engine and not related to text on screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: heyhwat

Cyberjacky

Jul 6, 2018
I know a way but I never tried it so I don't know if it's going to work, oh and it's going to be painfull if you have many things to translate and sorry for my English, I'm French.

First of all, you need an uncoder, unzip it and place it wherever you want.
Open the bin folder in the SL_Decoder-master folder and open the scenario folder of your game.
Just in case, make a backup folder of the scenario
I don't know what the name of the .sl files but it's usually "XXX.sl".
Drag all the files on sl_dec.exe and you'll see the file names in .txt in the scenario folder.
The headache part, open the .txt file and translate one by one and only the Japanese sentences on a translator.
When you're done with the translation, save and drag the .txt file on sl_dec.exe again.
It should have replaced the .sl file in the scenario folder.
Now do the same for all the rest.
Good luck.

Edit: You can translate documents with google translate at the top left corner. Just search what you want to translate (the .txt files) and let google do the job.
I'd be nice if translator++ could automatically translate it. Can anyone request this feature to the developer?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote